Most Favorite/Disliked Pixar Movies

Anser said:
My favorite:

-Toy Story 3

-Most disliked (and the only Pixar film I dislike):

-Wall-E. SOOOOOOOOOO freaking boring. I fell asleep in the movie theatre. Everything was "WALL-E!!! EVAAA!! WALL-E!!! EEEVAA!!"
Really? I loved that to be honest. Being able to depict emotions and language through movements and gestures while everybody else who were capable of speaking clearly and having advanced technology/control, and yet the latter are the ones who are blind to the world around them. I loved the retro music and the emotional, yet actually possible, story of the future decaying Earth. I respect your opinion (Although I really do think Cars 2 will change your opinion), but I think it was a masterpiece.

Majin Buu said:
I thought the end was pretty creepy what with how the house ends up in the exact place they wanted it to be
Creepy? I thought it was rather heartwarming and touching, rather than creepy. I mean, we're talking about an old man that managed to use millions of balloons to fly there, and managed to pull the house around a cliff-side to make it there. Not to metnion, his idle, Charles Muntz, who was clearly much older then Carl when he was a child, is somehow still alive and is as spry as Carl. Logic doesn't really apply THAT much in a movie like this. I mean, it never gets stretched too far to the point of being truly unbelievable, but still.

Cars was ok. From what I heard about Cars 2, it seems like utter rubbish.

Definite favorites are The Incredibles and Toy Story 2.

Smashgoom202 said:
Majin Buu said:
I thought the end was pretty creepy what with how the house ends up in the exact place they wanted it to be
Creepy? I thought it was rather heartwarming and touching, rather than creepy. I mean, we're talking about an old man that managed to use millions of balloons to fly there, and managed to pull the house around a cliff-side to make it there. Not to metnion, his idle, Charles Muntz, who was clearly much older then Carl when he was a child, is somehow still alive and is as spry as Carl. Logic doesn't really apply THAT much in a movie like this. I mean, it never gets stretched too far to the point of being truly unbelievable, but still.
I agree with every word, especially Muntz's age compared to Carl.

Also, I've been doing a Pixar movie marathon on my laptop during the week. I've re-watched the Toy Stories, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Up, WALL-E, Brave (Just saw it today in theaters), and I just finished re-watching Finding Nemo. All that's left is A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Cars, and Cars 2.

Count Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Majin Buu said:

Also, I've been doing a Pixar movie marathon on my laptop during the week. I've re-watched the Toy Stories, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Up, WALL-E, Brave (Just saw it today in theaters), and I just finished re-watching Finding Nemo. All that's left is A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Cars, and Cars 2.
Actually, what I really don't get is how the house ends up in exactly right where they wanted it, your viewpoint may be different, but there's something weird about it

But that's what's so heartwarming about it. I agree that it might seem weird from a logical standpoint, but at least view it from the perspective that this is a 3D animated movie, made by Disney of all people. (Before somebody wants to fan-rage, Pixar's been bought by Disney since 2006) They always have happy endings with unexplainable miracles in them. I guess the best term to use, is that this is an example of good o'l "Disney Magic".

Favorites: Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc., WALL-E, Finding Nemo, and Up.
Least Favorites: Cars 2, Brave. Cars 2 was disappointing and lame, and Brave was kinda boring.

Majin Buu said:
Count Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Majin Buu said:

Actually, what I really don't get is how the house ends up in exactly right where they wanted it, your viewpoint may be different, but there's something weird about it
Again, there's nothing to think about it. It's nice a nice coincidence.

But then again, I've been bugged out by even more minor things in other movies, TV shows, and video games, so I won't hold it against you.

Count Mario said:
(Before somebody wants to fan-rage, Pixar's been bought by Disney since 2006)
And they bought Marvel in 2009, that doesn't mean they're calling all the shots and actually making the comics themselves. Disney may own Pixar, but they've maintained a bit of a "hands-off" policy with them. After all, they've been successful so far WITHOUT their interference, why start now?

^Smashgoom

When was I saying that they were the ones calling the shots? I was jut saying that I list them under Disney instead of Pixar sometimes just because they are labeled under it and even have Disney/Pixar in their titles and opening credits. Not to mention the fact that there are a bunch of Pixar exhibitions in Disney Parks and such. And heck, just to mention it, in a video game called Disney Universe which uses Disney levels and character costumes, Pixar and even the Muppets are included. While Marvel has been bought by Disney, their relationship has been far more separate and different, which is personally for all the better in my opinion. In fact, the only relationship I ever saw them having was getting Marvel shows on Disney XD.

Sorry, to act angry, but I never meant it in a way that they can't survive without Disney or something. I'm just including them as part of the Disney family and they have happened to be recognized as Disney stars, regardless of who developed which. I just put that quote there because there are actually some Pixar fanboys out there that will rage when they see people mentioning Disney and Pixar in the same sentence. I simply treat Pixar with Disney as I do with Pokemon/Game Freak and Nintendo in a sense. The latter is a second-party franchise, but has still been hailed as a Nintendo star despite Nintendo not directly creating them. I do this because they have a very strong relationship with Nintendo and feel that it deserves to be treated as part of such a great company line-up of stars.

Sorry for the long comment, I just felt the need to clarify and such.

I didn't mean to sound angry, either, I'm just very technical about giving credit where credit is due. Pixar may now be officially known as "Disney/Pixar", but in MY eyes, they're STILL just Pixar, doing their own thing, making their own movies, with Disney there on standby to help them when needed... In the funding department, anyway. If anything, creatively, Pixar is helping DISNEY get back on their feet after what Michael Eisner did to the company.

Oh believe me, even though I include Pixar franchises with Disney, I am smart enough to know who to thank and who developed which. I can even name all thirteen movies that have been developed by Pixar at this point in release date order and even future products they are making off the top of my head. I admit that in my comment earlier, that I did incorrectly label Disney making Up, which is actually something I literally do not do often and say despite that I group Pixar with Disney when I'm talking about their relationship. I was just trying to group them to prove a point as Disney movies are well-known for happy miracles and heartwarming ending, in which Pixar also is specialized in.

I think you mean ever since Disney bought them as that isn't the first time someone from Pixar has had a Disney position. Despite this. Pixar is the main team that develops these movies and they really are the ones who deserve the credit for their work. But I feel that when it comes to talking about Disney's success and iconic movies/characters, Pixar deserves to be mentioned.

Favorites: WALL-E, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Bug's Life, Toy Story and it's sequels.

Back