Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Broly said:
I heard that LoK is darker than TLA. Is this true?

Yeah I heard it's supposed to be.

But considering the original series kinda had implied deaths arguably onscreen and implied genocide, secret police force that brainwashes it's citizens into submission, bloodbending, and much much more. It's going to have to do something to prove it's even darker then the entirety of the original series.

^
Haha that was funny

Anyway that was a pretty good episode

Wow Hiroshi was in-league with the Equalists all along. And the new weapon are mechas made out of Platinum that cannot be Metal Bended.

Thing surely got more interesting. It was nice to see some Airbending action come from Tenzin.

Okay, I'll admit it, I liked today's episode. Some nice continuity with the Cabbage Corp and all.

Today's episode sure got tense.

Bolin, Mako, and Asami are now prisoners for standing against Police actions against Non-Benders. This was after Tarrlokk got a law passed in which all Non-Benders to go under a curfew. This shuts down their power in their homes at a certain time. A non-bender protest happens and it's mistaken for an Equalist rally. Korra and her friends showed up to defend the innocent Non-Benders. This leads to some of them being arrested. While Korra is left alone.

After which though Korra takes action herself by meeting with Tarrlokk one by one and fights him. She overpowers him quite easily especially when there's no longer any water for him to bend... Or so she thought. Tarrlokk bloodbends Korra and uses it to weaken Korra and is now taking Korra to somewhere outside of Republic City.

Also it turns out all those visions were possibly Aang trying to tell Korra something. Oh man this is getting exciting :D

Nabber said:
I ended up missing it, will they replay it next week?

I'm not sure. But they will have another new one next week. Also there are sites out there that upload the new episode. It just won't be Youtube of course.

Now that bloodbending exists, I'm considering that vampires will appear. But that would just be cliched.

RandomGuy said:
Now that bloodbending exists, I'm considering that vampires will appear. But that would just be cliched.
Bloodbending has existed for a while. It's not anything new.
So that is pretty much confirming my suspicions that Tarloc is Amon. Or at least working with him. He's certainly really suspicious.

Oh man today's episode was absolutely awesome

Tarrlokk trying to hide the fact he hid Korra, Tenzin and Lin leading an operation to save her, the Pro-Bending Brothers, and Lin's officers (Which already got their bending taken away). Some clearence on those flashbacks with grown-up Sokka, Toph, and Aang. And so much more.

And the Season Finale will be an hour long. But we're going to be left waiting until June 23rd

Nabber said:
No wonder everything is being rushed, the season is only ten episodes long.

Actually it's 12 episodes. And it turns out there will still be another episode next week on the 16th after all. Then the hour season finale featuring the last 2 episodes of the Season will air on the 23rd.

Book 2 will have 14 episodes. But nothing else is confirmed about it.

Yeah... This all feels too rushed to me. It doesn't feel like Avatar, except for the concepts the series had. This feels completely different. And way more serious.

Nabber said:
Yeah... This all feels too rushed to me. It doesn't feel like Avatar, except for the concepts the series had. This feels completely different. And way more serious.

I still hold A:TLA higher then Korra myself. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy Korra. I really do. (It's kinda difficult for a so far 10-12 episode show to beat one with 61 episodes though.)

My only big complaint is Mako. He's cool and all, but I just don't care for him too much.

And to be honest A:TLA got pretty serious too. Especially middle to late in Book 2 and in much of Book 3.

Well SonicMario is going to go nuts over that cliffhanger. Though I kinda did too.

Equalists=almost as overpowered as bloodbenders

Nabber said:
Well SonicMario is going to go nuts over that cliffhanger. Though I kinda did too.

What? You mean the fact that the General Dude had

Zuko's Voice?

Nah, I totally wasn't crazy at all

Ok who am I kidding

THAT GENERAL DUDE TOTALLY HAD ZUKO'S VOICE :D

...also poor Lin ):

I'm so upset about Lin. She's my favorite character. Also, every episode has been making me more and more pissed at Mako. I don't want it to turn Asami bitter.

And they still haven't explained bloodbending without the full moon. The Equalists are still as overpowered as ever. And of course Amon is a bender. Real shocking. So for some reason, Tarloc decided to bloodbend Korra... Because he hated bloodbending?

EDIT: my response to the finale:
This_is_stupid.gif

Ohai.

This finale was good, just not great. The series overall is lucky to be so talented in its animation, atmosphere / setting, voice acting, music etc., because the writing definitely dipped this season. Try again next season.

Back