Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra (Korra Starts April 14th!)

It begins tomorrow. Really excited. Finally a new show I can look forward to each new episode. And it couldn't be better timing with Friendship is Magic's 2nd Season ending next week.

I'll be a Firebender.

obviously.

So my father watched twenty minutes of this with me. He gave up watching and got bored. It's just... Not the same as the original. It's so different.

Oh my gosh. I loved it. It's true that it's very different from the original. But that doesn't detract from it at all. It's a new Avatar, new generation, New places, and New technology, etc. Of course it was going to be different.

I am quite satisfied with that premiere. I can already see me liking this series just about as much as I did the Original.

It's hard to say what was among my favorite parts. But one thing that made laugh alot (There was quite a bit of funny moments) was when one of Tenzin's kids said "I'll make no such promises" when Tenzin told them not to act like Korra when they're teenagers.

By the way, the opening and The City of Walls and Secrets (from TLA) are free on iTunes right now.

Today's episode was good... holy crap Amon's ability is interesting. And it's only going to get more interesting with the next episode it seems.

I can't wait until they tell us exactly how Amon got the ability to take the bending away from someone.

And something tells me Tenzin's line "No Bender is Safe" is going to be something that's echoed throughout the series. Like any Benders that aren't the main charactters could be attacked by Amon and lose their bending. As long as Amon is still on the prowl.

Northern Verve said:
Today's episode was good... holy crap Amon's ability is interesting. And it's only going to get more interesting with the next episode it seems.

I can't wait until they tell us exactly how Amon got the ability to take the bending away from someone.

And something tells me Tenzin's line "No Bender is Safe" is going to be something that's echoed throughout the series. Like any Benders that aren't the main charactters could be attacked by Amon and lose their bending. As long as Amon is still on the prowl.
I'm still not liking this. I guess it's the steampunk that's really getting me. But it feels like they're getting too deep for the series at this point - I mean, they already have
Korra/Whoever that other guy's name was
set up.
As for Amon:
I was kinda shocked too. But at least we have continuity.
Another thing I noticed: the fighting of the Triple Threat. How they were poking pressure points and stuff.
My sister says that she read online that Ty Lee influenced the Anti-Benders. Sooo.

I stayed up watching the whole Avatar: The Last Airbender Series on my Roku (Netflix thing) a few years back, I havn't seen the new series yet, though, is it good?

OJ Toad said:
I stayed up watching the whole Avatar: The Last Airbender Series on my Roku (Netflix thing) a few years back, I havn't seen the new series yet, though, is it good?

Yes it's good. Only 3 episodes have aired. But from what I've seen. I've enjoyed it.

I haven't liked it so much. But the original Avatar didn't really start out so strong so I'll keep watching it.

Northern Verve said:

I wonder if it has something to do with Sozin's Comet?

Another good episode

Some things I liked:
Amon's message causing fear among benders including Korra. That alone means Amon's movement is working in some way. Which each episode Amon is looking like a pretty awesome Villain.

Tenzin was top-notch in this episode. I laughed when he said "THAT IS NOT A TOILET" during the Gala for the Avatar. But even better was the scene at the end where he was comforting a crying, fearful Korra in his arms. So many feels.

Also Hiroshi Sato reminds me quite a bit of Henry Ford. Including Assembly Lines. That's not really too much of a big deal. But it's kinda special regarding I live in Michigan where that all began.

Also LOL:
1335628657892.png

Funny pic there SM.
...I actually liked this episode. There was a lot in it.

First of all, I get the feeling that the person who Amon is was introduced in this episode. Dunno why.

The flashback. I'm going to assume that this was a Spirit World intro? It was cool to see Sokka, Toph, Aang, (Zuko?). Really nice there.

I'm now confident that Tenzin's children are my favorite characters. They are awesome. No doubt about it.

Bo Ling's new girlfriend... Ugh. A Mary Sue, just what we needed. But considering how rushed this relationship is, I have a feeling that there's something more important about her than just being a Sato. Definitely.

Tolak? Was that his name? He seemed interesting. As much of a jerk as he is. I don't trust him at all.

EDIT: Also. I was kinda expecting Amon to take away Korra's bending, and then the show would be centered around her re-learning them.

I really liked the Legend of Aang particularly Zuko's story, I haven't seen the Legend of Korra yet though how does it compare to the first series?

Z-omb said:
I really liked the Legend of Aang particularly Zuko's story, I haven't seen the Legend of Korra yet though how does it compare to the first series?

It really depends. You can't really compare them until Legend of Korra has finished. But so far Korra's been pretty good. It all depends if you're able to adjust to the new characters. As almost everyone in the original series has passed away by the time Korra begins.

I'm personally disappointed, as it doesn't offer any of the new ideas that the first offered.

What am I talking about? Well, Avatar premiered as a show about a world where people can control the four elements. And that was a really cool idea. It had all these awesome fights and the show just looked good. In it, a boy wakes up after a hundred years in an iceberg - also very neat, even if a bit trite. Turns out that he's the only person who can master all of the elements, and while he was gone, the world was thrown into chaos and everyone generally lost hope. So he has to go around the world spreading hope again, teaching people how to get along better, and learning all of the other elements. Aang was also the last Airbender alive after the Fire Nation killed all of his kind.
Meanwhile there was Zuko, who was this exiled prince who is determined to capture the Avatar as he thinks that he will finally be accepted by his father if he does. And Iroh tries to make him realize that he should choose to do what he wants to, not his father's wishes. And this is all in the beginning. There was a huge cast of characters and variet of locations and it was just epic.

Then we have Legend of Korra which is about a girl who already mastered three of the elements and moves to a big city to learn the fourth. She needs to also restore peace because people have turned on Benders.
And that's pretty much it. Kinda boring when you look at it, and most of the charming world that you saw in the original series has been replaced by a steampunk society.

They said they didn't want it to be too similiar to Last Airbender. That said, I think a polar bear dog is more awesome than a flying lemur

RandomGuy said:
They said they didn't want it to be too similiar to Last Airbender. That said, I think a polar bear dog is more awesome than a flying lemur
I think that a flying lemur + a flying bison = awesome.

But a fire ferret kicks ass.

Just... Ugh.
I'm so sick of this show. This episode advanced the plot in no way whatsoever. All we get is all this cliche love quadrangles and I don't give a damn about that. It's the fifth episode, for Pete's sake! Whatever happened to mastering airbending and taking down the Equalists?
Can't really comment on much more because not much happened in this episode. So there you have it.

Yeah I could of done without the intense shipping. But I enjoyed some of the jokes and as a Sports fan I kinda like the Probending scenes.

HOLY CRAP TODAY'S EPISODE WAS AMAZING

Oh man. stuff is about to get real now. And the fight scene with Korra and Lin against those Equalists. Oh so awesome.

I don't like how fast this series is going. And how much emphasis they're putting on shipping. It's exactly what happened to the 39 Clues: the writers got too aware of the fanbase.

Nabber said:
I don't like how fast this series is going. And how much emphasis they're putting on shipping. It's exactly what happened to the 39 Clues: the writers got too aware of the fanbase.

Nabber the last episode was the only one where it was really huge on shipping. The one before that one had a little bit with Mako meeting Asami but otherwise the focus was on Korra's fear of Amon.

Also the creators themselves love cheesy love stories. It's not all the fanbase's fault.

And Season 1 is only going to be about 12 episodes. We're half the way through. Which means there's still about six episodes to see how Korra's training and this war Amon seems to have caused is going to go.

How about holding off the complaints for a little while until the first season is over. If you still have problems by then. Korra might just not be your thing. As for me, I'm enjoying quite a bit of it.

Back