Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra (Korra Starts April 14th!)

RandomGuy said:
Yes, I hope to see Zuko!

Sorry RandomGuy, Zuko is dead in Korra's timeline. Basically the only one from the original cast we know is still alive is...
Katara

WHo knows, maybe we'll see a flashback with many of the original characters in the show.

:'(
Well, maybe they could tell us stories about what happened and how they built Republic City

Northern Verve said:
RandomGuy said:
Yes, I hope to see Zuko!

Sorry RandomGuy, Zuko is dead in Korra's timeline. Basically the only one from the original cast we know is still alive is...
Katara

WHo knows, maybe we'll see a flashback with many of the original characters in the show.

We'll probably see Aang a few times, like how Roku communicated with Aang.

Wasn't sure what I'd think about due to the fact that the former cast isn't there any longer, but the trailer looks nice and animation seems top notch.

Frankly, can't wait for it.

apocalypseArisen said:
Northern Verve said:
RandomGuy said:
Yes, I hope to see Zuko!

Katara

We'll probably see Aang a few times, like how Roku communicated with Aang.
That's been confirmed. Pretty excited for it.

"Mr. Avatar, how do I get rid of this evil guy?"
"VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER"
>_>

I wanna see Spirit!Aang crack a few jokes. I kinda imagine him grown-up kinda being like Gyatso.

Northern Verve said:
I wanna see Spirit!Aang crack a few jokes. I kinda imagine him grown-up kinda being like Gyatso.
Oh yeah that would make sense.
Also maybe we'll learn what his life was like.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Northern Verve said:
Oh yeah that would make sense.
Also maybe we'll learn what his life was like.

He won't be nearly as old as Gyatso was a spirit was though. Aang died in his 50's which must be relatively a short life when considering how many old characters we've seen in the series. The creators say that being frozen in that iceberg had some side-effects and that's why he dies so comparatively early.

But yes it would be interesting to learn alot on what Aang did. We know he helped build Republic City with Zuko, a city for all benders to enjoy.

Crud looks like I'm going to hafta wait a little while to see it. Our internet adds up dollars on file size from videos watched and it's already at about $900. I can still do forums and such. But no videos, and that also means no Korra for me this weekend until something is done D:

EDIT: Oh and sorry for double post

Did Aang marry Katara?

RandomGuy said:
Did Aang marry Katara?

We can pretty much assume that. They DID have 3 children together. One of which is going to be a major character of Korra.

i wonder whether there are descedents of each tribe, and maybe they will expand on how there are new airbenders

RandomGuy said:
i wonder whether there are descedents of each tribe, and maybe they will expand on how there are new airbenders
They have children, obviously.

I wonder if Dr. Javelin will read this.

RandomGuy said:

I don't know if he's even seen Avatar: The Last Airbender :S

Also yeah basically Aang's descendents have restarted the Air Nation pretty much. There's not many. I think it's only a family of Airbenders (Tenzin, possibly one of his two siblings, Tenzin's kids, etc.). Also sometime Aang found a remote herd of Sky Bison that could teach airbending to those that inherited Airbender traits.

Apparently there is some comic that explains stuff that happened after TLA. But I never read it.

Apparently there is some comic that explains stuff that happened after TLA. But I never read it.

Yeah it's called "The Promise". Being made by Dark Horse comics who have done expanded stuff for other things besides Avatar like Star Wars. Part 1 is already available but Parts 2 and 3 aren't quite yet. It's supposed to be kinda giving a precursor to Korra while having the characters from the original series as the main characters once again. It will get into stuff like Toph starting to teach Metalbending, the founding of Republic City, and maybe even some subtle beginnings to the Equalist movement that will run rampant in Legend of Korra.

Um, could you expand on Metalbending? Like how does this work and how's it different from regular Earthbending?

So I just watched Ep. 1 and I'll start the next in a second.

I don't like it. Too chaotic, and all the quirky characters we loved are replaced with stiff, grim, adults.

Well, Korra did just get to Republic City

RandomGuy said:
Well, Korra did just get to Republic City
Well, I know the series evolved. But TLA had a much better plot - a boy who is the last of his kind with a troubled past must restore peace to a world that has been terrorized by corruption. Or something like that. But this... It's just "I WANNA BE AN AIRBENDER SOOO FREAKING BAD."

But the little kids were so cute.

Eh its just the beginning, i'd wait to make your absolute judgements til ep 5 atleast.

So far it aint too bad and the main character is hilarious.

Plus the animation is bad anus.

Just finished episode 1 and gotta admit its looking good.

Animation is pretty good, style is solid, voice acting is supreme, characters are rockin', and action is just amazing.

Story seems kinda ordinary, but its just the first episode so I'm not gonna really make big judgements on it.

Overall though I'm liking it, and other fans of the first airbender series; watch this, its pretty good.

I just watched it and I like it. Korra seems like a reincarnation of Toph rather than Aang, though ;D

Every time I hear them say "Amon," I think I hear "Anon," and the mask really isn't helping.

Dante Basco has been added to the cast, apparently, so I'm hoping Zuko will play some part in a flashback or something. Or maybe he'll just voice someone else ;_;

He did say his character was related to Zuko somehow

Aha! I mentioned Javelin's name, so he should have responded here on his search... But he didn't respond.

...okay I'm too obsessed with proving him a brony.

...okay I'm too obsessed with proving him a brony.
FINALLY

A BREAKTHROUGH
Northern Verve said:
RandomGuy said:

I don't know if he's even seen Avatar: The Last Airbender :S
My. Point. Exactly.

Back