Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:
I assumed this was a new comic series taking place after season 4. I haven't really followed Korra comics.

I don't think there are any Korra comics yet. And me actually looking at the image for more than a second shows that this is the "yet".
The one I was talking about is the last volume of the comic following Aang, this one probably covering him coming up with the idea of Republic City.

Finally got around to start my TLA binge

got through book 1.

It's the only full episode of just Zuko, but his awesomeness continues.

im not going to click that since i know nothing about book 3 (which i suppose the spoiler is for)

im approaching the only episodes i know that i watched now, which were around the middle of book 2

you should post your thoughts of... well everybepisode really tbh but especially the finale of season 2

Porky Minch said:
im not going to click that since i know nothing about book 3 (which i suppose the spoiler is for)

im approaching the only episodes i know that i watched now, which were around the middle of book 2
The non-spoiler bit is that Zuko is indeed a great character (are are all the other main cast members, really, both good and villainous).

The first episodes I saw were mid-season 1, plus episode 3, randomly; it was a while before I saw the rest of the early stuff.

well, I just finished watching avatar from beginning to end for the first time

and I feel quite confident when I say that this was the best tv show that's ever been on the air

literally every character was deep and well thought-out, the soundtrack is amazing, the fight scenes are exhilarating, and the animation is one of the best in all of western animation

like doug walker said, this was more than just a show: it was an experience. never will a cartoon be as good as this one

as for korra, I've seen all of book 1 and bits and pieces of the rest, but I loved what I saw, so I'm definitely looking forward to it

Spin off Korra movie in the works.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/95018/20150828/the-legend-of-korra-spinoff-movie.htm

Ghost Jam said:
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/95018/20150828/the-legend-of-korra-spinoff-movie.htm

According to Movie News Guide, M. Night Shyamalm has confirmed that the sequel to "Avatar: The Last Airbender," "The Legend of Korra" is in the production stage and this time he is not going to repeat the same mistakes. At the same time, speculations about the cast has begun to surface online.

Doesn't sound like good news. Looks like despite the criticism Shyamalan insists on working more on Live Action adaptations. I assume if this goes through, this mean we may have Book 2 of A:TLA and Book 1 of Legend of Korra "Shyamalized"

Ghost Jam said:
A film of this will never be able to get the same level of character development as an entire TV-series, hence why I'm not too big on them. I'll likely give this one a pass.

I'd believe the article if there was actually a credible source. No one other than this small site is reporting it. Bryke would've said something and the big websites would be talking about it.

In short, this is a load of bull and fake.

No I believe in our lord and saviour M. Night Shayayayayamalan or whatever his name was to give us more quality movies like he always does

Finished Book 2

is aang x katara officially rip?

why is toph so op?

does sokka have any relevance other than being the idea guy?

and why the fuck did they have to revert zuko back to being an asshole?

OMG FUCK I NEED TO WATCH BOOK 3

2257 said:
GalacticPetey said:
I'd believe the article if there was actually a credible source. No one other than this small site is reporting it. Bryke would've said something and the big websites would be talking about it.

In short, this is a load of bull and fake.

everything i've ever seen kdramastars report is a lie. afaict the site just makes up controversial stories in the hope that people will spread them around before they notice the inconsistencies
I saw there name come up a bunch during pre-release hype for Godzilla. Never trust them.

>Following up that epic episode with a filler episode

was still an alright episode though

holy shit katara is hot now tho

Porky Minch said:

Don't forget the real star of the episode: Wang Fire.

GalacticPetey said:
Walkazo said:
Porky Minch said:

Don't forget the real star of the episode: Wang Fire.
And his wife, Sapphire.
Sapphire Fire is best mom.

tla doesnt get enough praise lol

it does get a lot of praise but it deserves all of it

it was good enough to make me watch 6 episodes of korra directly after it

so far i like korra, especially vs. tla book 1

it's kinda sad to see though that pretty much everyone from tla is dead except for katara, even if 70 years passed.

Ammon is a better villain than Jao (or Zuko for that matter) in tla book 1 tbh

of course i dont even expect it to get anywhere close to quality levels of mid to end tla season 2 or season 3

Back