Which video game franchises should be revived?

F-muhfuggin'-Zero

Ice Climbers. Kid Icarus is getting revived, why not them?

While I haven't played any of the Earthbound/Mother games, I'm rather disappointed that the series has only had 3 games, the last of which wasn't released outside of Japan. I'd like a direct sequel to Mother 2 with Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo. Maybe even a sub-series for those 4, kind of like a "What happened after Mother 2 and before Mother 3" and they could finally become the mascots of the Earthbound/Mother series. It always kind of irked me how all 3 games had a different set of protagonists and only one character appeared in all 3 games who's not even one of the playable protagonists.

Baby Luigi said:

I agree. But I'd like something different than the old Ice Climbers. Maybe add a real plot instead of two kids trying to have a race of who can climb the mountain the fastest.

Buster Baxter said:
Baby Luigi said:

I agree. But I'd like something different than the old Ice Climbers. Maybe add a real plot instead of two kids trying to have a race of who can climb the mountain the fastest.

Well, it's quite an old game, so I bet it can get revamped a lot.

And I agree with your statement about Mother, BTW

'3K said:
F-muhfuggin'-Zero
Oh and it's developed by Retro Studios. They brought back Metroid after 8 years and it was glorious. They brought back Donkey Kong Country after some time off and it was pretty damn good too. They can resurrect F-Zero and make it amazing.

Kazooie said:
Banjo-Kazooie, in the old way it once were. This means how it was while the series still only contained Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.

This too.

I completely forgot about Spore. It's sad that EA is abandoning a potentially more awesome game.

I want to see a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day. Conker never got much love besides that game. The MegaMan Legends and Chrono series could also use an update.

I feel like Mother 3 finished the story that Mother 1 started and that any more Mother games would just be unnecessary and would do more harm to the series than good.

I think you'll agree with me on this one 3K.

Fire Emblem.

F-Zero would be great too, but I'd personally prefer Fire Emblem.

Dr. Javelin said:
I think you'll agree with me on this one 3K.

Fire Emblem.

F-Zero would be great too, but I'd personally prefer Fire Emblem.

I second this. Even though they're working on a new one at the moment.

Bring back Psychonauts! That goddamned cliffhanger ending mocks me.

Oh DP they are bringing back Psychonauts. Notch is funding it. I'm pretty sure you know about this.

Dr. Javelin said:
Fire Emblem.

And yet another one I agree with.

Red Barchetta said:
they're working on a new one at the moment.

Oh sweet, I didn't know about that.

And that too.

I should probably come up with something on my own instead of agreeing with everything.

Herr Shyguy said:
Oh DP they are bringing back Psychonauts. Notch is funding it. I'm pretty sure you know about this.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case the deal falls through.

'3K said:
F-muhfuggin'-Zero

my god YES

We haven't seen an F-Zero sequel in over 7 years now. It would work really good on the Wii where you could use the Wii Wheel to drive.

That would be a dream come true.

It could work on the 3DS too, because 3D F-Zero is always badassery to my ears.

Back