Which game franchises should die?

I may sound crazy for saying this, but I really hope the next Zelda doesn't have Zelda, the Triforce, Ganon, or even any of the main locations (except maybe Gerudo Desert, since that's underrated).

I don't think any game franchise should die, bad game franchises should get better.

Uniju said:
I don't think any game franchise should die, bad game franchises should get better.
^This.
Game franchises don't need to die, just to improve, change or get better.

Or take a hiatus and give other franchises a chance to shine. We don't so many Zelda games in a row like this. Instead give us a new F-Zero or something.

I think Zelda should take a hiatus too. I never liked it too much.

No franchises should die, but some, their frequency needs to be altered. I mean, don't we get way too much Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Pokemon, and several others already?

They all need to die. Video games are corrupting the mind of our youth.

And that was my Jack Thompson impersonation.

Evil Magikrazy said:
They all need to die. Video games are corrupting the mind of our youth.

And that was my Jack Thompson impersonation.

Sorry, I know that you're joking, but let me say this from Miyamoto:

"Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll."

Seriously though, none shall die. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all franchises are created equal. That's a little like asking "Which celebrity needs to die?".

Uniju said:
I don't subscribe to this rational, especially not for series that have 7+ games in them. Perhaps it's just me being a hipster who wants to see more brand new IPs rise up rather than just more sequels, but I feel that a series can only go so long before it just becomes redundant; you very rarely see movies last more than four sequels, and they've usually already completely collapsed on themselves by the third film.

Although, I agree with some of the other blokes in this topic that extended hiatuses aren't a bad alternative to just outright murdering a franchise.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Seriously though, none shall die. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all franchises are created equal. That's a little like asking "Which celebrity needs to die?".
Real human beings... data on discs... completely the same!

Crocodile Dippy said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Real human beings... data on discs... completely the same!
Okay, that was a stretch. Franchises still shan't die, though.

Personally I'd rather not see another Metroid game made. I think they've got a good overarching plot throughout the four main games.

That said, I wouldn't particularly mind more tangential games like Prime that have no bearing on the main plot whatsoever.

If another Metroid is made, I'd rather it be more like Prime or Super Metroid: you crash on a planet and are given a Power Suit and Power Beam. That's it. No deep story connections or secret Federation plans. Just you and a hellhole full of aliens trying to kill you.

Buster Baxter said:
Pandapowah said:
Any games based on sports. Please, if you're going to play sports, play a real one outside.

I agree.

I like the Mario sports, though or maybe you guys meant by something other than Mario :|

Back