Name every 3D Mario Platformer game you have gotten all the Star (or Shines)

120 SM64 SMS, 242 SMG1&2

• I have gotten every Star (or Sprite in one case) in ALL FOUR OF THEM!

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I have gotten them all in all but one of them

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have gotten them all in all but half of them

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have gotten them all in only one

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 0- I'm a Phailer.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
I am a Mario Historian, but equally important, I am a Mario Super Completionist. Die hard. Because you have not beaten a 3D Mario game unless you have collected all the stars. If you have less than the maximum amount of Stars or Shines in ANY Mario game, you may not say you have beaten the game. You may be able to say you have beaten the final boss, but you may not say you have beaten the game. Period. If there is but a single star or shine you cannot obtain, the game has BEATEN YOU. A loser is you.

What about other Marioverse games? If you have not gotten every badge and star piece in "Paper Mario", for instance, you have not beaten that game. Because someone who is mental could just beat the main story for PM, you must obtain all Badges and Star Pieces to really say you have beaten the game to the fullest. You must get 101(DKC and DK64), 102, and 103% completion in all of the Donkey Kong Country Games to say you have beaten them. If you don't have the maximum 200% completion in DKC Returns, don't even bother trying to say you've beaten in. Don't have all the Dragon Coins in one of the best games ever? Nope sorry. The GBA Classic version of Yoshi's Island. Haven't 100%ed the Endless World of Yoshi's and EVERY OTHER LEVEL? Then you have yet to beat the game! Haven't unlocked the final Golf Course in Wario Land 3? You've proven you can beat a big guy dressed like a clown, not a handheld classic in that case.

I'll say it once, I'll say it 1,000 times until everyone on the internet and eventually the world penetrates their thick skulls: Beating the final boss does not mean you have beaten the game.

Yoshidude99 said:
I have all Stars in SM64
Sweet. I love the music during the credits. Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doooooo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doooo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doooooo...

The only game which I haven't 100%'ed of those is Super Mario Sunshine, which is mainly because my copy of it doesn't work, and that I'm way too lazy to get a new one. Another reason as to why I haven't collected them all in Super Mario Sunshine is that I used to hate it, but now I don't anymore.

I've gotten all stars in every one except Sunshine, I have about 100 blue coins left to find.... I'll probably get them eventually.

Marwikedor said:
I am a Mario Historian, but equally important, I am a Mario Super Completionist. Die hard. Because you have not beaten a 3D Mario game unless you have collected all the stars. If you have less than the maximum amount of Stars or Shines in ANY Mario game, you may not say you have beaten the game. You may be able to say you have beaten the final boss, but you may not say you have beaten the game. Period. If there is but a single star or shine you cannot obtain, the game has BEATEN YOU. A loser is you.

What about other Marioverse games? If you have not gotten every badge and star piece in "Paper Mario", for instance, you have not beaten that game. Because someone who is mental could just beat the main story for PM, you must obtain all Badges and Star Pieces to really say you have beaten the game to the fullest. You must get 101(DKC and DK64), 102, and 103% completion in all of the Donkey Kong Country Games to say you have beaten them. If you don't have the maximum 200% completion in DKC Returns, don't even bother trying to say you've beaten in. Don't have all the Dragon Coins in one of the best games ever? Nope sorry. The GBA Classic version of Yoshi's Island. Haven't 100%ed the Endless World of Yoshi's and EVERY OTHER LEVEL? Then you have yet to beat the game! Haven't unlocked the final Golf Course in Wario Land 3? You've proven you can beat a big guy dressed like a clown, not a handheld classic in that case.

I'll say it once, I'll say it 1,000 times until everyone on the internet and eventually the world penetrates their thick skulls: Beating the final boss does not mean you have beaten the game.

I disagree. Beating the Final Boss is beaten. Completing every sidequest alongside this is completed.

Marwikedor said:

lolwat

I've gotten all of the stars in SMG1. that's it. missing a few in SM64 and SMG2 (though I have beaten them, because IMHO if you've beaten the final boss you've beaten the game) and haven't even beaten SMS.

64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. I have yet to get all the stars in Galaxy 2.
EDIT: I'm with Vinnie, beating the final boss means that you have beaten the game. There is one user that I am really annoyed by on these forums, and that is Marwikedor. He's almost Neo-Rudnicki.

Marwikedor said:

So in Luigi's Mansion, you haven't beaten the game unless you've gotten every coin, bill, gold bar, pearl, and gem; every boo; every ghost pre-blackout; every ghost during the blackout; every ghost after the blackout; gone to every single room; gotten all the portrait ghosts; done the training room, and gotten all the ghosts here; gotten all the gold frames for the portrait ghosts; found all the pieces of cheese and to top it all off, do all of that again for the hidden mansion?

Per Vinnie. "Beaten" means completed the main story mode; Marwikedor should be referring to "completed."

Super Mario Galaxy 1 is the only mainstream Mario game that I have got 100%. (Although I am close to 100%ing NSMBW).

Technically, I never beat all of the levels in a single file of SMG; but I beat all of the levels. My disc scratched so I could never finish the Grand Finale galaxy, so I beat both Galaxies.

My disc is scratched too but I managed to beat the game. I can' go to The Last dome, it says it cannot read disc so I take it out and put it back in and it only works on Melty Molten and Deep Dark

Evil Magikrazy said:
Marwikedor said:

So in Luigi's Mansion, you haven't beaten the game unless you've gotten every coin, bill, gold bar, pearl, and gem; every boo; every ghost pre-blackout; every ghost during the blackout; every ghost after the blackout; gone to every single room; gotten all the portrait ghosts; done the training room, and gotten all the ghosts here; gotten all the gold frames for the portrait ghosts; found all the pieces of cheese and to top it all off, do all of that again for the hidden mansion?
No. In that game to say you conquered it you'd have to get a Rank A Mansion in both the Hidden and original Mansion and at least gotten all of the Portrait Ghosts.

Marwikedor said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Marwikedor said:

No. In that game to say you conquered it you'd have to get a Rank A Mansion in both the Hidden and original Mansion and at least gotten all of the Portrait Ghosts.
Well, like everyone else said, you're refering to completion. Beating Luigi's Mansion is simply defeating King Boo.

On another note, it's actually harder to get a G ranking than an A ranking in that game. You have to go out of your way to not pick up any money at all.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Marwikedor said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Marwikedor said:

Well, like everyone else said, you're refering to completion. Beating Luigi's Mansion is simply defeating King Boo.

On another note, it's actually harder to get a G ranking than an A ranking in that game. You have to go out of your way to not pick up any money at all.
You're right about that but I think the long held notion that you can't touch even a single coin is wrong. I think you can touch a few.

I got all 120 stars in Super Mario 64

Back