Snivy

Lemmy Koopa Fan

Koopa Troopa
In every Black/White walkthrough I see on YouTube, everyone starts with Snivy. And I don't really see why. While I do think Serperior can be awesome, It's only really phenomenal stat is its Speed, and that really only works when you're a sweeper like a fire-type. So, has anyone else stumbled upon to the fact that Snivy is sort of overused? And why do you think so?

I disagree. He gets a lot of unnecessary hate in my opinion.

Everybody at the start was saying he's shit and stuff but look at him now! Still shit but now people USE him :D

Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Yes. Snivy is overused and way overrated.
Nope. Ask any kid you see playing Pokemon in real life and chances are he picked Tepig.

I just really meant on the walkthroughs. But everyone I know picked Snivy.

My best friend chose Tepig, while my other one chose Oshawott.

I already decided on Snivy when they revealed all 3, since it was the only cool looking one. Well, one I thoguht was cool looking.

Lemmy Koopa Fan said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Yes. Snivy is overused and way overrated.
Nope. Ask any kid you see playing Pokemon in real life and chances are he picked Tepig.

I just really meant on the walkthroughs. But everyone I know picked Snivy.
Well, Snivy is the most popular on the Internet, so that's probably why they all use Snivy.

I didn't pick Snivy because it was the most popular at the moment. I picked it because I thought Snivy was a cool Pokemon (plus I love all the grass starters).

I didn't pick Tepig because of the stupid Fire/Fighting typing... -_- Otherwise, I have nothing against picking Tepig.

Didn't pick Oshawott because I had already made my mind up on picking Snivy.

I picked Snivy because I've never had a grass-type before.

I picked Snivy because I had a Fire-type starter in FireRed and a Water-type starter in SoulSilver, a Water-type starter in Diamond, a Water-type starter in Ruby, and a Fire-type starter in Platinum.

Sapphire: Fire
Red: Grass
Black: Water
Pearl: Water

Blue: Used them all
Gold: Grass, switched to fire. I do think i used Water at some point but Fire was the best for me.
Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire: All three (I have all three with a different starter in each one)
Pearl: Water
White: Grass

Kanto: (fantasy) Charizard
Johto: Feraligatr
Hoenn: (fantasy) Spectile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Serperior
Gen 6: Water

Back