Snivy

Lemmy Koopa Fan

Koopa Troopa
In every Black/White walkthrough I see on YouTube, everyone starts with Snivy. And I don't really see why. While I do think Serperior can be awesome, It's only really phenomenal stat is its Speed, and that really only works when you're a sweeper like a fire-type. So, has anyone else stumbled upon to the fact that Snivy is sort of overused? And why do you think so?

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I disagree. He gets a lot of unnecessary hate in my opinion.

Everybody at the start was saying he's shit and stuff but look at him now! Still shit but now people USE him :D

Lemmy Koopa Fan

Koopa Troopa
Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Yes. Snivy is overused and way overrated.
Nope. Ask any kid you see playing Pokemon in real life and chances are he picked Tepig.
I just really meant on the walkthroughs. But everyone I know picked Snivy.

My best friend chose Tepig, while my other one chose Oshawott.

I already decided on Snivy when they revealed all 3, since it was the only cool looking one. Well, one I thoguht was cool looking.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Lemmy Koopa Fan said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Yes. Snivy is overused and way overrated.
Nope. Ask any kid you see playing Pokemon in real life and chances are he picked Tepig.
I just really meant on the walkthroughs. But everyone I know picked Snivy.
Well, Snivy is the most popular on the Internet, so that's probably why they all use Snivy.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
I didn't pick Snivy because it was the most popular at the moment. I picked it because I thought Snivy was a cool Pokemon (plus I love all the grass starters).

I didn't pick Tepig because of the stupid Fire/Fighting typing... -_- Otherwise, I have nothing against picking Tepig.

Didn't pick Oshawott because I had already made my mind up on picking Snivy.

Dry-Petey

Gallade is awesome.
I picked Snivy because I've never had a grass-type before.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
I picked Snivy because I had a Fire-type starter in FireRed and a Water-type starter in SoulSilver, a Water-type starter in Diamond, a Water-type starter in Ruby, and a Fire-type starter in Platinum.

Lemmy Koopa Fan

Koopa Troopa
Sapphire: Fire
Red: Grass
Black: Water
Pearl: Water

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Blue: Used them all
Gold: Grass, switched to fire. I do think i used Water at some point but Fire was the best for me.
Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire: All three (I have all three with a different starter in each one)
Pearl: Water
White: Grass

Dry-Petey

Gallade is awesome.
Kanto: (fantasy) Charizard
Johto: Feraligatr
Hoenn: (fantasy) Spectile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Serperior
Gen 6: Water