Make Your Own Costumes

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Like the title says, what costumes would you like to see for returning Smash Bros. veterans or newcomers akin to Wario's Classic and WarioWare looks. keep in mind that costumes alter the appearances of both looks AND attacks. The rules are that each character gets for additional costumes or less because that would be too much to put in one game. Also, separate each series with a space. Here's mine:

Mario: Dr. Mario, Tanooki Mario, Paper Mario, With F.L.U.D.D.
Luigi: Exactly the same as above, but the fourth has Luigi wield the Poltergust 5000
Peach: Daisy, Rosalina, Nurse Peach, Sports Outfit
Bowser: Dry Bowser, Baby Bowser, Tanooki Bowser, Dark Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario: *NEW* (Each form gets two costumes) Baby Bowser (Bowser Jr.), Cosmic Mario (Shadow Mario), Ludwig (Bowser Jr.), Shadow Luigi (Shadow Mario)

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong, Chunky Kong, Classic Donkey Kong, Dread Kong
Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong, Kiddie Kong, Tiny Kong
King K. Rool: *NEW* Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, King Krusha K. Rool

Link: Young Link, Toon Link, Minish Cap Link, Classic 8/16-Bit Link
Demise: *NEW* Ganondorf, Toon Ganondorf, Ganon (Classic), Ganon (OoT)
Zelda/Sheik: (Each get two costumes) Toon Zelda (Zelda), Toon Sheik (Sheik), Goddess Hylia (Zelda), Impa (Skyward Sword) (Sheik)
Ghirahim: *NEW* Vaati, Zant

Pikachu: Raichu, Pichu, Plusle/Minun (You can alter between their colors), Emolga
Pokemon Trainer Ethan with Tododile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion, Brendan with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken, Lucas with Piplup, Grotle, and Infernape, and Hilbert with Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar
Zoroark: *NEW* Mewtwo, Lucario, Darkrai

Sonic: Metal Sonic, Werehog, Classic Sonic, Blaze
Shadow: *NEW* Silver, Mephiles, Shadow Android, Super Shadow (Because I want his Final Smash to be Chaos Blast)
Tails: *NEW* Tails Doll, Classic Tails, Cream, Charmy
Knuckles: *NEW* Mecha Knuckles, Classic Knuckles
Dr. Eggman *NEW* (Yes, I want Eggman playable, but in his Sonic 2 Death Egg Robot suit) Sonic 3 & K Death Egg Robot/Classic Eggman, Egg Emperor, Egg Dragoon

Evil Magikrazy said:
Sorry, but I'm not buying most of these costumes.
Yeah, I know some of them are ridiculous like Linebeck for Ghirahim, but I was kind of desperate. If you don't like them, make YOUR list.

I think that the current list of costumes is pretty good as is. But say Mega Man were to make it in the next Smash Bros. game, I'd like to see Proto Man as an alternate costume.

Evil Magikrazy said:
I think that the current list of costumes is pretty good as is. But say Mega Man were to make it in the next Smash Bros. game, I'd like to see Proto Man as an alternate costume.
You mean every character, but Wario not having another costume? I'm sorry, but I think that's a total cop-out.

Aren't Daisy, Dark Link and Dark Samus in Brawl? Also, I thought of one.

Pokemon Trainer:
Squirtle: Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott
Ivysaur: Bayleef, Grovyle, Grotle, Servine
Charizard: Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar

Evil Magikrazy said:
Aren't Daisy, Dark Link and Dark Samus in Brawl?
Kinda, kinda, and no. Dark Suit Samus isn't the same thing as Dark Samus.

Anyway if Bowser Jr. were to make it in, I think his Strikers Charged design would work for an alt costume.

'3K said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Aren't Daisy, Dark Link and Dark Samus in Brawl?
Kinda, kinda, and no. Dark Suit Samus isn't the same thing as Dark Samus.
Especially when you consider that the Phazon Suit provides the shape for Dark Samus' suit.

Anyway, if Ridley were to make it in, palette swaps based off his Mecha, Meta, Omega, and X forms would be cool.

Evil Magikrazy said:

Pokemon Trainer:
I'm talking about their models, not a slight color change.

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Evil Magikrazy said:

Pokemon Trainer:
I'm talking about their models, not a slight color change.
Isn't that what I did with Pokemon Trainer?

Kick Buttowski said:
If Shadow's not going to become playable, he should be an alternate costume for Sonic and his voice should change.
Yeah, I'd be down with that. But he has the potential for a really cool moveset.

B: Homing Attack
Down B: Spin Dash
Horizontal B: Chaos Spear
Up B: Chaos Control (The warping kind, not the time alteration)
Final Smash: Chaos Blast

I also wouldn't mind Sonic's Horizontal B action changed to the Boost because the Spin Attack just isn't that useful.

I like most of your costumes. But why Demise replacing Ganondorf? Also some are totally different characters that really aren't the same and really can't be costumes. Like Sonic/Blaze, Knuckles/Big, Zoroark/Darkrai, etc.

Also Shadow will not and should not be playable. Not before Tails or Knuckles. And I really doubt 3rd party characters are going to get an additional character anyway.

Northern Verve said:
I like most of your costumes. But why Demise replacing Ganondorf? Also some are totally different characters that really aren't the same and really can't be costumes. Like Sonic/Blaze, Knuckles/Big, Zoroark/Darkrai, etc.

Also Shadow will not and should not be playable. Not before Tails or Knuckles. And I really doubt 3rd party characters are going to get an additional character anyway.
First, Demise could replace Ganondorf because he's the original incarnation and that the characters will likely be modeled after Skyward Sword. Second, I put those characters because they're similar. Blaze has super speed like SOnic and has been paired with him in the Rush games while Darkrai is a fellow Dark type and can shoot ball projectiles (Shadow Balls) like the previous Pokemon did (Mewtwo and Lucario with Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere). As for Shadow, I know that third party's will likely not get additional characters, but I still felt like adding them. Also, I happen to like Shadow and would've actually been a playable character if Brawl had a bigger development period.. Since Sonic was added late into the development hence his appearance at the end of Subspace Emissary, Shadow would've been playable. And stop acting like Tails and Knuckles are priority, it's just your opinion and I happen to like all of them, especially Shadow.

Northern Verve said:

First, Demise could replace Ganondorf because he's the original incarnation and that the characters will likely be modeled after Skyward Sword. Second, I put those characters because they're similar. Blaze has super speed like SOnic and has been paired with him in the Rush games while Darkrai is a fellow Dark type and can shoot ball projectiles (Shadow Balls) like the previous Pokemon did (Mewtwo and Lucario with Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere). As for Shadow, I know that third party's will likely not get additional characters, but I still felt like adding them. Also, I happen to like Shadow and would've actually been a playable character if Brawl had a bigger development period.. Since Sonic was added late into the development hence his appearance at the end of Subspace Emissary, Shadow would've been playable. And stop acting like Tails and Knuckles are priority, it's just your opinion and I happen to like all of them, especially Shadow.

I don't know. First of all, Ganondorf has been in since Melee, they wouldn't just replace him. Second of all, the models of knuckles/big, sonic/blaze and zoroark/darkrai aren't similar enough to be the same character. Finally, Shadow is already an Assist Trophy, so making him playable to me is like making R.O.B. an Assist Trophy.

EDIT: Also, how do you know Shadow would have been playable in Brawl?

Because Sakurai said so himself. shadow had been reduced to an assist trophy because there wasn't enough time and wanted to include him because he's Japan's second favorite Sonic character. By the way, you're forgetting that Demise IS Ganon and could have the same moveset. It's just a different appearance and name, but it's technically the same character. As for the models, with size alterations, yes, they can adapt to being costumes and acting like the real characters. You're thinking in terms of characters who look or are different versions of these characters, but not ones that ACT the same. As for Big, I could care less about him as he's the only one I can't see Nintendo reducing the size of. As for the Pokemon Trainer, I told you in the reply, I THOUGHT OF THE EXACT SAME THING and many people online have already pitched the same idea. I didn't steal it from you.

I'm sorry if any of my post felt like it was a bit mean. And yeah my whole Tails and Knuckles thing is somewhat opinion. I just don't think Shadow should get in because he wasn't as big of a part in the Sonic series as Tails and Knuckles were. Now I personally don't like Shadow and that might also be putting some weight on my judgement (To be fair though, I did like Shadow in SA2. I just personally think it would have been better if he had stayed dead. It sort of ruins the ending of that game).

Removing personal opinion on Shadow though. (In a hypothetical situation that the Mario and Sonic series would of switched amount of characters and they allowed Mario to have 2 characters) It would still be like if Wario was in the game but no sign of Luigi on the roster.

Also I'm afraid I never heard about Sakurai saying Shadow almost making it. What source do you have of this?

I'm sorry, I really couldn't find a source. Shortly after Brawl's release I heard multiple claims that Shadow wasn't playable because Sonic was added late into the series, but he did mention that Sonic was added so late into the franchise that they he could only fit into the story at the end of Subspace Emissary. I'm really sorry and you could just ignore that, I just remembered the whole thing and thought it was confirmed. But seriously, I just know I had a source a few years back, how I hate Father Time.

As for Shadow's playability, yes, I can see him being playable. But if other third party characters can't be playable alongside their mascots, I'm fine with that. I'm just saying that if Sonic characters were able to appear, Shadow would be a likely candidate. I hope we can put this whole silly debate behind.

Because Sakurai said so himself. shadow had been reduced to an assist trophy because there wasn't enough time and wanted to include him because he's Japan's second favorite Sonic character. By the way, you're forgetting that Demise IS Ganon and could have the same moveset. It's just a different appearance and name, but it's technically the same character. As for the models, with size alterations, yes, they can adapt to being costumes and acting like the real characters. You're thinking in terms of characters who look or are different versions of these characters, but not ones that ACT the same. As for Big, I could care less about him as he's the only one I can't see Nintendo reducing the size of. As for the Pokemon Trainer, I told you in the reply, I THOUGHT OF THE EXACT SAME THING and many people online have already pitched the same idea. I didn't steal it from you.

I never said anything about you stealing it from me. You said you were talking about model changes and I was just pointing out that Bayleef, Grovyle, Grotle and Servine look different from Ivysaur (unless you were talking about Dark Link, Daisy, etc.)

By the way, sorry if I'm coming off as mean.

I think they put Sonic late just to put in Sonic. Even if Sonic was put in the game earlier then he was. They did a decent job representing Sonic with a stage and Music and I'm pretty sure some more fine details would have been added had Sonic been put in the game earlier. I just don't think they would of added another character.

And yeah I'd imagine Shadow would be a likely candidate if a 2nd character for a 3rd Party character were possible. Don't get the wrong idea that I'd be fine with it, I'd be pissed if Shadow did make it in. But I guess I could get over it. (Though I still would grumble occasionally about Tails or Knuckles).

And it's really ok. We're alot like even in Usernames (My forum nick is Northern Verve right now. But on the Wiki I'm SonicMario.) We both love the Sonic and Mario series and seemingly also have a love for the Smash Bros. series as well. While we don't agree on some things (Shadow's eligibility for SSB4) I think we still have alot of common. So peace. :)

I'm really not the type to actually hate a character in a video game series, I really like them all to a specific degree and Shadow just happens to be my second favorite character before Sonic and after Tails and Knuckles. I'd honestly be fine with any Sonic character considering the fact that we don't even know if we'll get any non-mascot third-party characters. I'd be fine with either of those three characters to be honest.

Indeed.

...I think we're getting off topic now. I'll just say I'd love Classic Sonic to be an alternate costume for Sonic. Even if the problem of course would be that he would be smaller and thus harder to hit. It'd make Classic Sonic harder to fight if he's the same as Modern Sonic in terms of moveset but smaller. But if it affected his weight at all like made him lighter that might be just enough to make it balance out.

Alot of those costumes wouldn't work. They'd have to be atleast similiar to the character they would go on e.g sonic/Shadow (Minor Changes) Peach/Daisy (Minor Changes) Pikachu/Raichu (Minor Changes).

Big Changes like Big/Knuckles are kind of ridiculous, as well as those other ones people have pointed out. Its not about the attacks and stuff (like how you said Blaze and Sonic are both fast, that doesnt mean she could fit on Sonic's Model very good). Like How Zoroark/darkrai. Shadow Ball would be a move that would share in common but I dont see Darkrai in a stance like Zoroarks. These ideas just seem Farfetched.

Again, I didn't ask for everybody to review my list, just what you'd like to see. I know that some of these characters like Big and Omega are ridiculous, but I was just desperate. PLEASE, POST YOUR OWN IDEAS. As for Darkrai, that's the one person I can see happening. If these characters share similar attacks and approximately around the same size, what should exclude them, just because they're not total clones and such? If they happen to learn abilities similar to these characters I listed and not an outrageous size change, then they could be costumes in my book. Also, I still think Shadow has the potential for his own moveset and playability for reasons stated already in this thread, regardless.

EDIT: There, I modified my list to get rid of the ones that I was desperate to add just make a group of four. Can we please have some new ideas already, jeez. Guy's when I asked for what costumes you'd like to see, I meant what YOU wanted, not from my list!

Back