Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Impulse bought a Welcome amiibo card pack and a Series 3 pack at gamestop today. Was hoping to get Admiral, Murphy, or Raddle from the pack, but I ended up getting Julia who I also wanted so I'm fine.

In the series 3 pack, I got freaking Marshal, so now I'm not too bummed about not getting him in the tent.

>tfw you have anhka, julian, coco, and marshal but not scoot

Im scared to buy another pack because the chances of getting him now are nil

also reminder I need to get back to this game asap

Except for the European version of the Sanrio cards, yes all the packs are completely random.

Well I think my house is finally finished:

http://m.imgur.com/a/WJedb

Aside from adding new harv furniture that matches I dont think I'll be changing much ever.

Now to focus on that Zero Escape house

Keep talking to Sable (red hedgehog) daily and she'll let you use the QR machine to scan those eventually.

Alternatively I could just put them into your town directly, but you'll still want to do the Sable thing anyway because the QR thing is a pretty extensive feature.

Today I discovered that there is this website that sells individual amiibo cards. Some of the villagers are $10 and some are $20. Each.

idk who did it but someone gave me my 10th villager yesterday and their plot crushed like three of my durain trees

But guess whos moving in tomorrow
tumblr_nbp2rkzxPm1td8hnmo1_400.gif

J-Yoshi64 said:
Today I discovered that there is this website that sells individual amiibo cards. Some of the villagers are $10 and some are $20. Each.
I found it again. https://www.hobbychimp.com/products/nintendo-new-leaf-animal-crossing-welcome-amiibo-card-bea-31-50-usa-version?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrsDIBRDX3JCunOrr_YYBEiQAifH1FlJ677d6ibovyBiopLfKubaLipg3B95iM7QW-CIRRVgaAo8U8P8HAQ

Just one card is $20.

I'm not surprised. That's the sort of behavior that gets encouraged by the business practice of locking a feature behind randomized trading cards.

I mean if people are willing to pay 20 bucks to have a certain AI live in their town then fuck em the market is king.

It would be nice though if the system Nintendo put into place was less obtuse and nontransparent, so scalpers didn't have such a solid platform in the first place. Just put up an official website or catalogue or whatever where you can select and order exactly the card you want for a couple bucks. As it is now, you have to spend money on a set of unknown items, you won't know if the product you want is actually among them, and you can't get a refund if it is not. And considering said items are key to a feature in a game customers have already paid full price for, that is pretty questionable.

Customers desire convenience and transparency, and in this case Nintendo has failed to provide either, so opportunistic individuals have picked up their slack and are charging extra for what Nintendo is not offering. They should really get a better handle on that sort of shit.

Nah, they're not screwing themselves at all. Making customers pay for ~30 cards even though they only wanted one is pretty lucrative. Shady as all hell, but still lucrative.

No. They're selling amiibo cards in closed bundles of six, with you not knowing who you will get until you open the pack. Naturally with this setup, if you only buy the cards because you want one specific character, you will have to keep buying card bundles until you get the one you want. Which, considering there's at least one character for every day of the year, means you'll most likely go through a lot of cards, which in turn means buying lots of packs from Nintendo.

This creates a market opportunity in which scalpers thrive, because they are able to offer the cards you want, and since there is no official way to obtain specific cards reliably, they are able to charge high prices for it.

Some cards are cheaper than others from my experience with shopping for Mario Sports Superstars cards: I think a reasonable price for one card is like, 1-2 dollars, which is around the amount I spent on a Baby Luigi soccer card from on ebay. Others, like the more popular villagers, have very obscene prices, like 40 bucks for the white squirrel Marshal.

Back