Mario Party 9 - Where is Luigi?

Under Wario's Left arm (side where Peach is) what do you think is there?

• Luigi

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Tree

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • mess up on design Nintendo made

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
WinterYoshi99 said:
DK isn't yet announced sadly
Yeah and Birdo (The defending winner of the Fail Awards Worst Character) has been confirmed playable.

Where has Birdo confirmed playable? Maybe she's an NPC too!

Dorayaki said:
while I'm against to species (since Rosalina and Pauline haven't joined)
the new two confirmed species players are on the cover, so the other species should be too?

Rosalina isn't the Mario Party type of character... I just can't see her being a playable character in Mario Party. Maybe as a host of a Party Board but not a playable character.

WinterYoshi99 said:
DK isn't yet announced sadly
Baby Luigi said:
uh, except verbal attacks or complaing against a whole confirmed roster
what's you guys' standpoint of the Party roster rule, the old one which adds new characters and keeps all old ones? (also DK and Bowser's position)

unless they make many other main characters to play this time, or I don't think it's worthy canceling the old rule to enrage fans

General Grievous said:
Birdo seems weird in a Mario Party game
the official rule is to contain most major Mario players, so there's no doubt

after all I think it's bit off-topic, unless change the title to discuss all posibilities from the cover

Pandapowah said:
Rosalina isn't the Mario Party type of character... I just can't see her being a playable character in Mario Party. Maybe as a host of a Party Board but not a playable character.
Kart stands for excitement, that doesn't fit her too :P
(also after all the rule is to contain major Mario characters playable, so no other reasons concerned)

I support to diversify the Mario members if Rosalina stands for serenity, mystery and wisdom
the realistic factors are that if she would be really recurring in future games
and become a close friend or mentor of Peach and her other friends

Baby Luigi said:
She's on the box art. Unless she's the host or Bowser, that's the space typically reserved for playable characters.

Dorayaki said:
I support to diversify the Mario members if Rosalina stands for serenity, mystery and wisdom
the realistic factors would be that if she would really be recurring in future games
Other than the ending of SMG2 and the MK series (which I don't consider being part of a canon timeline), tell me one other time they've interacted with each other. I'd think she'd be more of a mentor to Mario or Luigi.

Toad2012 said:
Baby Luigi said:
She's on the box art. Unless she's the host or Bowser, that's the space typically reserved for playable characters.

That still isn't concrete proof that she's playable. I can prove it with past Mario Party boxarts that doesn't have playable characters but they are in the main part of the boxart (Mario Party 6, 5)

I need a gameplay screenshot of her. That's the most credible source.

Toad2012 said:
Other than the ending of SMG2 and the MK series (which I don't consider being part of a canon timeline), tell me one other time they've interacted with each other. I'd think she'd be more of a mentor to Mario or Luigi.
well, that's bit like personal tendency..... sure I don't mean there are no friends of opposite gender in the world
the reason is the "formula", where only Mario bros but no other Peach's friend take part in Galaxy, which makes them know more of Rosalina. I think would it affect if everyone know her since spinoffs?

Baby Luigi said:
That still isn't concrete proof that she's playable. I can prove it with past Mario Party boxarts that doesn't have playable characters but they are in the main part of the boxart (Mario Party 6, 5) I need a gameplay screenshot of her. That's the most credible source.
so I mentioned please stress your point of past roster rule or you can't make basic inferences

Is Birdo the main topic? if the old rule is abolished, we even can't tell others including Daisy, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are NPC or players.
otherwise in theory of priority, as we confirmeded two new species players, it's very weird some main characters quit at the same time (if it should be other minor species gone). if it's that the staff introduce Pauline, Toadsworth or Rosalina this time and cut some others, I may think about it.

Pauline should never be in a game again and Toadsworth and Rosalina are better as hosts.

Dorayaki said:
Kart stands for excitement, that doesn't fit her too :P
(also after all the rule is to contain major Mario characters playable, so no other reasons concerned)

the realistic factors are that if she would be really recurring in future games

I agree with her appearing in more future games but I still don't believe she will ever be playable in Mario Party. She is more of a host type of character. Although she was playable in Mario Kart, most characters can be seen playable in Mario Kart (excluding some or most enemies/species) and some characters from the roster in Mario Kart Wii probably wont be playable in Mario Party, so her being playable in Mario Kart doesn't support her being playable in Mario Party.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
That still isn't concrete proof that she's playable. I can prove it with past Mario Party boxarts that doesn't have playable characters but they are in the main part of the boxart (Mario Party 6, 5) I need a gameplay screenshot of her. That's the most credible source.
so I mentioned please stress your point of past roster rule or you can't make basic inferences

Is Birdo the main topic? if the old rule is abolished, we even can't tell others including Daisy, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are NPC or players.
otherwise in theory of priority, as we confirmeded two new species players, it's very weird some main characters quit at the same time (if it should be other minor species gone). if it's that the staff introduce Pauline, Toadsworth or Rosalina this time and cut some others, I may think about it.

I'm basing my inferences off of both artwork and gameplay screenshots. We have no gameplay screenshot of her, so we can't assume.

Ultraluigi said:
Propeller Toad said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Those characters haven't been announced yet.

Well, they were playable in Mario Party 8. So it's safe to assume that they're playable in 9. :posh:

Neither one of them were playable in Mario Party DS; however.

Both Boo and Dry Bones have been confirmed as board features or mini-game elements, but not yet playable. Toadette has yet to make an appearance as of now. Neither has DK.

As for Luigi? Probably he's either on the back side of the cover art or he's cosplaying as the Yellow Toad beside Toad. ;)
Gah, I'd support the Mario Party series more if they didn't make such stupid choices with the rosters. I disliked Boo and Dry Bones, so that's okay, but I'm pissed off that DK hasn't been in Mario Party since MP5.
He appeared in MP6, MP7, and 8. He just wasn't playable

I ALSO FOUND LUIGI!!! He is next to the M in Mario
MP9_EUcover.jpg

^Wow, the European box art sure does look updated! Luigi's placement on the box art is hilarious though. :P Guess Nintendo heard the Luigi fans.

I also see that they updated the background, placed Waluigi and Daisy closer to the main group, and redesigned Toad. It looks quite a bit more pleasing to the eye now (not that it wasn't before, but it still looks great).

WinterYoshi99 said:
I ALSO FOUND LUIGI!!! He is next to the M in Mario
MP9_EUcover.jpg
that's nice, but this time do we have to do more zoom to find Toadette? instead of back cover, I wonder what the yellow toad means there...

Skyward Yoshi said:
Pauline should never be in a game again and Toadsworth and Rosalina are better as hosts.
that seems your personal idea if there are no criteria for a main character being playable, and these are just examples unless you mean there are no other characters from Mario mainstream to join Party

Toadsworth is a nice host---- but it's weird since Wii era I haven't seen him for long time....

Ultraluigi said:
Gah, I'd support the Mario Party series more if they didn't make such stupid choices with the rosters. I disliked Boo and Dry Bones, so that's okay, but I'm pissed off that DK hasn't been in Mario Party since MP5.
my opinion against Boo is species if he can be replaced by King Boo or Lady Bow (though King Boo is a nice board host), or basically they are not doubtable

in DK's example if he can return, that's means DK series character can all join (though that's not bad), but a a helper he seems nice too. I thought he can hand the seat to Funky, but the staff may want a equivalent helper as the boss Bowser.

I really hope they make a last minute change and make the american boxart the same as the euro box art soon. I mean it looks so much better!

I think it is the same.

EDIT: Proof: (it has ESRB rating, so there you go)
545125287c93c0b72017048b34f1f439.jpg

EDIT2: NVM, just realized no Luigi. *boos*

Yeah, they mustve figured out they forgot to add him in and decided to throw him at the last minute on the box art.

Devil Jin said:
Yeah, they mustve figured out they forgot to add him in and decided to throw him at the last minute on the box art.
some replies already mentioned Luigi might possibily appear in the back cover, so there's no reference to say this

Back