Mario Kart rip-off hits the iTunes store

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
While I usually do not provide too much critism against ideas being copied through the various video games, this is one example of a game with copied elements that I find very hard to ignore.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169773

Welcome to "Mole Kart" as the developers call this game. It is a kart racing game that has just recently arrived at the iTunes store for both the iPhone and iPod Touch. However, the most obvious thing about this game is that the game has completely been built off the data from Mario Kart Wii. While many kart racing games have come to being similar to Mario Kart throughout the years, this is the worst one yet with its clone like appearance.
mole-kart-tracks.JPG

Obvious course layouts look completely identical to the ones from Mario Kart Wii, and even the items contain a similar look to the originals. The only differences are the much worse movements and the characters (as well as slight course texture differences).

What are your opinions on this game? For once, I am both upset and surprised to see such a game come into existence when the game literally screams Mario Kart just by its design. To me, it seems nothing more than an advanced hacked version of Mario Kart that is now making profit off of the game.

There's already a thread for this: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=16158.0

Hm, I should probably check the Mindless Junk more often...

Anyways, I apologize for this and ask if a mod can lock this.

It's okay, you don't need to apologize. Just check the boards first.

Ultraluigi said:
There's already a thread for this: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=16158.0

There's a difference. One of them is in a more stupid place while another one is here.

Anyway, this game is stupid. Did they even have Nintendo's permission to do this? And, another thing that makes this game worse is no Baby Luigi and Wario in it

EDIT: Now, someone is going to make a topic about that other rip-off, the Super Mario Galaxy one, right?

The layout of the tracks are exactly the same, they could have at least made it different so then it wouldn't be a complete rip-off -.-

Pandapowah said:
The layout of the tracks are exactly the same, they could have at least made it different so then it wouldn't be a complete rip-off -.-

In the screenshot, you can see that they used the same, Moo Moo Meadows layout for ALL tracks. Just look at it. It's pretty funny.

Baby Luigi said:
Pandapowah said:

In the screenshot, you can see that they used the same, Moo Moo Meadows layout for ALL tracks. Just look at it. It's pretty funny.

I didn't even notice that! Oh wow..Haha! :D

It's exactly like Mario Kart Wii but with crappy gameplay and characters instead!

New Super Mario said:
All the courses are the same and uh, did I see a wannabe bullet bill?
The wannabe Bullet Bill kinda looks cool though but not the Blooper Rip-off
I looked through the website and the wannabe Blooper is a bush that covers your opponents in leaves -.-

I wonder if Nintendo even cares enough to file a lawsuit.

Mario4Ever said:
Well Nintendo has a history of suing over copyright infringement (i.e. use of their characters) even if the situations constitutes Fair Use (i.e. right of parody) so I wonder why they wouldn't go to town on these crooks.

The Gameplay looked pretty crap anyway. I didnt think it would be that bad and maybe it wouldve actually been fun but from the looks of it, I think I'll just play MKWii.

Baby Luigi said:
Ultraluigi said:

There's a difference. One of them is in a more stupid place while another one is here.

Anyway, this game is stupid. Did they even have Nintendo's permission to do this? And, another thing that makes this game worse is no Baby Luigi and Wario in it

EDIT: Now, someone is going to make a topic about that other rip-off, the Super Mario Galaxy one, right?
I guess MJ is different from regular boards... Of course they didn't have Nintendo's permission. They just ripped Nintendo off. There was a topic about the SMG clone, but it died.

Mario4Ever said:

They probably will. If they did the same to my course design and hard work and claim as their own, I'd get pretty mad.

Skip to 5:30 to see their most original stage.
Everything in the stage looks different but the track layout is exactly like Shy Guy Beach.
If they could make tracks look completely different then why copy the track layout?

Did they even ask permission to use their tracks.

Nintendo will sue them in 3....2....1......

I hope so too.

These guys are making money off something they didn't even create and program themselves

By the way, this Mole Kart thing is also some spin-off thing from a Chinese Club-penguin like website called 51 Mole. Hope this helps. ^^

Back