How did you get into video games?

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
We used to carpool with someone who's children always played a Gameboy. I was hooked since and got it for my birthday.

I grew up with the SNES. I had SMW, Yoshi's Island, some Batman game, and Super Metroid.

I watched the Pokemon anime when I was younger. Then I saw a videogame magazine with Pikachu on it and asked for a Nintendo 64 with Pokemon Snap for Christmas. Something like that.

I was aware of their existence. That's about all it took.

My brother, Joshua taught me how to play my first videogame, Super Smash Bros. Melee, when I was like 3-4. I then started playing various GameCube and Game Boy Advance games, which got me instantly hooked. Also, video games also taught me how to read as well.

Video games have been part of my life for longer than I can remember.

We visited my cousin, who had an original gameboy. He was playing pokemon Red. I thought it looked really cool, but he wouldnt let me play it, so I just watched him. I confused the Vulpix sprite with a goat (remember, this was pokemon Red, not pokemon FireRed. The sprites were very basic.) And I thought it looked really cool.

Apparently I was glued to it the entire visit, so that Christmas, my mom went everywhere to find a gameboy color. They were sold out everywhere so we had to go to every store. Eventually we ended up at a JCPennys, and the last one they had was a Tommy Hilfiger gameboy color, so we got that.

That was the first time I'd ever gotten my present ahead of time, but I wasnt allowed to open it. They wrapped it up on christmas, and I got it, along with Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue.

That was my first game video game ever. Best Christmas ever. :)

Edit.
It was a long time ago. So I cant remember all the details.

My sisters owned a Sega Master System before I was born, so I started playing that at the age of three. I got my own GameBoy at four, and have been a devoted gamer ever since.

One word: The Gameboy Advance.

I got Super Mario Advance as my first mario game and have loved it since. Too bad I don't have it anymore though.

Also, the PS1 was my first console system.

Super Smash Bros. That's all I have to say

My brother got a GBA for his birthday when I was about 3, and then we probably got some more games later on. I don't remember much from when I was 3.

I played Mario kart 64 with my brother when I was maybe 2. After that I hired out games from the local video game shop. Soon enough I wanted more consoles. Then I wanted more games and so on.

My mum and dad let me play on their PS1 that they had when they where younger. I played on Rayman and a Mickey Mouse game. I think it was Mickey Mania

Smasher said:
I watched the Pokemon anime when I was younger. Then I saw a videogame magazine with Pikachu on it and asked for a Nintendo 64 with Pokemon Snap for Christmas. Something like that.
Are you that Nintendo 64 kid? I got into video games through the Game Boy Colour.

Ultraluigi said:
Smasher said:
Are you that Nintendo 64 kid?

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I think my first experience in game was watching someone play Super Mario World on the NES. Heck Super Mario World may have been the very first game I ever played. However I don't think I was an avid gamer until I got the Nintendo 64 when I was 5 or 6 for Christmas. With games like Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Super Smash Bros. to grow up with. Is it any wonder that I'm here right now?

I was playing my dad's old Atari 2600 as far back as I can remember (probably before I could talk.) Got an SNES when I was 7, then an NES and an old Intellivision II, then a GBC, then an N64 on my 10th birthday. But it didn't take getting a N64 to figure out I was a gamer and a Nintendo fanboy. Especially with this being my favorite Atari game:

EyXxI.jpg

And this being my favorite Intellivision II game:

Cs7nG.jpg

Will Junior be able to save his father from the clutches of the evil Mario?

My amazing aunt Sandi introduced me to Nintendo when I was 3 years old. She let me have her old NES and games *Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3*. Because I loved playing these games as a little kid, she then got me the SNES and I had games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country, and the list goes on. I am unsure how my view of Nintendo would be like if she hadn't introduced it to me as a little kid. Having the SNES really fueled my love for Nintendo, I then became more interested in playing these games and here I am today with many gaming systems and games, and a strong love for Nintendo.

I would definitely say my aunt Sandi is the true Nintendo Queen. ♥

My Grandma got me a Gameboy. I wasn't interested at it first because all I had was a Finding Nemo game but then my mom gave me Yoshi's Island and I got hooked to videogames since.

Banjo said:
PS1. Crappy crap peice o crap system twas it.
I don't know what system you're talking about, because the PlayStation 1 was absolutely amazing.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Banjo said:
PS1. Crappy crap peice o crap system twas it.
I don't know what system you're talking about, because the PlayStation 1 was absolutely amazing.
Even I have to agree, some of the games on it were fun. That Crash Bandicoot Racing game was good fun, me and my friend still play it at times now.

Back