The Fairly Odd Parents

Magikrazy said:
What's even the point when the Drake Bell movie already shows he marries Tootie?
There was that mega episode (Wishology!) where Timmy and Trixie dramatically kiss. The writers can't really commit to one option without angering fans of the other, so I guess the best solution would be to flip-flop a lot?

Fans are going to argue regardless, so...

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Dr. Mario said:
Magikrazy said:
What's even the point when the Drake Bell movie already shows he marries Tootie?
Wasn't it already implied he married Tootie in Channel Chasers?
I think they gave the kids a mix of Tootie and Trixie's attributes to keep it ambiguous, didn't they?
Yeah, I think that's what happened. I don't recall 100% correctly anymore, lol.

Time Turner said:
Magikrazy said:
There was that mega episode (Wishology!) where Timmy and Trixie dramatically kiss. The writers can't really commit to one option without angering fans of the other, so I guess the best solution would be to flip-flop a lot?

Maybe the Fairly Oddparents don't really have a canon, only some continuity..

Time Turner said:
Magikrazy said:

Just have neither of them them shipped. There, problem solved.

Baby Luigi said:
Time Turner said:
Magikrazy said:

Just have neither of them them shipped. There, problem solved.
Appease everyobdy by appeasing nobody. I'm not sure if that'll work.

well these shipping arguments always suck so whatever

I'm starting to think maybe the show is still going on because Timmy wished for his show to go on forever as a loophole to avoid losing his fairies.

I don't like it

Mostly because it's an arbitrary change to a dying series but it's not like the music itself is bad. It just didn't have to happen like, this late in the FOP lifespan.

This isn't going to end well. Stop making the show suffer and let it end already. Oh wait! Silly me, they'd never do that to something that's making them money.
(Well, aside from Avatar, I guess)

And, uh, "fairy shortage"? We see plenty of fairies around Fairy World without godkids on a regular basis, if it's that big an issue can't you just press them into work or something?

I know, they're pulling things out of their ass. It's a pretty well-established fact.

Calling it right now.

Chloe is actually half kid half fairy. When this season ends, Jorgen will give Chloe over to Timmy to add to his collection of magic slaves.

"hillbillies are awesome! they park on the lawn, they never have to brush their teeth, and they can take their cousins to the school dance!" - timmy in season 10 episode 2

oh my god how did that joke get past the censors

Stargazing said:
wait is vicky gone from the intro or am i not hearing it right

I think she still appears for the "Cosmo and Wanda turn her head into something else" gag.

Puddin said:
Puddin said:
i think she will vastly improve the show
i was right, currently watching season 10 episode 1

Assuming you're talking about Chloe, she seems too Sue-ish to me. Not being tortured by Denzel and beating up Jorgen?

Why would Chloe need fairies? Why would there be a fairy shortage? Where were Poof and Sparky?

Also that selfie joke was painful, and I'm surprised they did one before Spongebob (although Spongebob actually seems to be slowly but surely redeeming itself).

Magikrazy said:
Why would Chloe need fairies? Why would there be a fairy shortage?

Fairy shortage was implied way back when Timmy loaned Cosmo and Wanda to Tootie for her birthday. Da Rules say that FAIRY GOD PARENTS! can only be loaned to summon twice as miserable than the current god child. Here's the thing, if the new temporary god child has to be twice as miserable as the first god child, they would already have FAIRIES!

Magikrazy said:
Where were Poof and Sparky?

Poof was probably in school or something. As for Sparky, when life gives you a gift, you accept and don't ask questions.

Dark ProtoMan said:
Stargazing said:
wait is vicky gone from the intro or am i not hearing it right

I think she still appears for the "Cosmo and Wanda turn her head into something else" gag.
well yeah but i liked her voice

goddamnit this is the worst part of the intro

Dark ProtoMan said:
Magikrazy said:
Why would Chloe need fairies? Why would there be a fairy shortage?

Fairy shortage was implied way back when Timmy loaned Cosmo and Wanda to Tootie for her birthday. Da Rules say that FAIRY GOD PARENTS! can only be loaned to summon twice as miserable than the current god child. Here's the thing, if the new temporary god child has to be twice as miserable as the first god child, they would already have FAIRIES!
But wouldn't re-allowing fairies to reproduce solve this supposed shortage?

Also, fairies live forever. And I feel there would be a lot of kids that eventually ruin their secret. The odds are very stacked against a shortage.
Dark ProtoMan said:
Magikrazy said:
Where were Poof and Sparky?

Poof was probably in school or something. As for Sparky, when life gives you a gift, you accept and don't ask questions.
I find it hard to believe Poof was in school for the entire episode, especially since Anti Poof was in the episode (I know, he probably skipped, but for me his appearance just draws attention to Poof's disappearance).

As for Sparky, I don't like him either, but he's a main character.

Sparky and Poof suck. I kind of don't mind if they don't give an explanation and they vanish. Maybe I'm just vindictive.

[quote author=Dark ProtoMan]Assuming you're talking about Chloe, she seems too Sue-ish to me. Not being tortured by Denzel and beating up Jorgen?
[/quote]
Yeah but Denzel and Adam West tortured her in the Catman episode. (Also I lol'd at the "Widdler" instead of the Riddler)

Also she's not a Mary Sue IMO since her flaw is that her plans to help people backfire (like when the monster she removed the thorn from the foot of ended up destroying the city anyway.)

Puddin said:
[quote author=Dark ProtoMan]Assuming you're talking about Chloe, she seems too Sue-ish to me. Not being tortured by Denzel and beating up Jorgen?

Also she's not a Mary Sue IMO since her flaw is that her plans to help people backfire (like when the monster she removed the thorn from the foot of ended up destroying the city anyway.)
[/quote]

Timmy had those problems too. Whenever he tried to do something nice for someone with or without Cosmo and/or Wanda, it backfired like that one where he wished himself out of existence.

Still, Chloe does have potential.

I think the idea of well-intentioned wishes that backfire is the main thing of the show. This has happened to Chester too.

Back