Votes: 2 7.1%
  • a red plumber as a prince consort

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • other solution?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lips said:
Baby Luigi said:
I'd say both the Mario Bros. and the Toads are a weakness of Mushroom Kingdom.

One reason I said the Mario Bros. was Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.. In Super Mario World, the Mario Bros. LITERALLY abandon her. In New Super Mario Bros., Mario leaves Peach behind as well.

The Toad forces are also guilty. They usually simply panic PEACH GOT STOLEN! and expect you to save her. No more action.
Um in Super Mario World they were on vacation and had no idea that Bowser was there. And in New Super Mario Bros. the castle was getting attacked by a thunder cloud and Mario had no knowledge that Bower Jr. was there and that he would kidnap the princess. Also there are only what 10 Toad guards compared to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Goombas Bowser has :posh:

Still, why did they abandon her? ANYTHING could happen to her, especially things that arise suspicion.

Baby Luigi said:
Lips said:
Baby Luigi said:
I'd say both the Mario Bros. and the Toads are a weakness of Mushroom Kingdom.

One reason I said the Mario Bros. was Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.. In Super Mario World, the Mario Bros. LITERALLY abandon her. In New Super Mario Bros., Mario leaves Peach behind as well.

The Toad forces are also guilty. They usually simply panic PEACH GOT STOLEN! and expect you to save her. No more action.
Um in Super Mario World they were on vacation and had no idea that Bowser was there. And in New Super Mario Bros. the castle was getting attacked by a thunder cloud and Mario had no knowledge that Bower Jr. was there and that he would kidnap the princess. Also there are only what 10 Toad guards compared to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Goombas Bowser has :posh:

Still, why did they abandon her? ANYTHING could happen to her, especially things that arise suspicion.
Because taking her to the cloud thats shooting lightning might put her a little worse off :posh:

And leaving her behind isn't bad?

He's not a baby sitter Princess Peach can take care of herself shes a big girl Mario shouldn't have to hold her hand every single second :posh:

Baby Luigi said:
And leaving her behind isn't bad?

The next time she gets rescued, she needs to get duct-taped to the floor or something.

Lips said:
He's not a baby sitter Princess Peach can take care of herself shes a big girl Mario shouldn't have to hold her hand every single second :posh:

She still acts like a total wimp when it comes to self defense.

I'd really love to see a Mario game where a Toad army is fighting along side Mario. You're platforming around and in the background you can see Toads fighting Koopas. That would be so epic!

SuperMarioRTS: Mushroom Kingdom vs Bowser Armies.

Baby Luigi said:
Lips said:

She kicked ass when it came to Super Mario RPG and Super Princess Peach :posh:

She needs nothing more. It's a video game, not Real Life. It's unrealistic.

Lips said:
if not romance fanarts, at least Mario bros are also friends of Peach, they are volunteers regardless of politics.

Koopaul said:
I'd really love to see a Mario game where a Toad army is fighting along side Mario. You're platforming around and in the background you can see Toads fighting Koopas. That would be so epic!
if it's the traditional Mario bros game, I basically doubt why nothing to do with main toads and Daisy
but when in a war, I think Peach can ask for more helpers including Rosalina, DK members etc.
then the original Mushroom soldiers become secondary (if they're really "weak") unless you're playing strategy games.

Ultraluigi said:
She needs nothing more. It's a video game, not Real Life. It's unrealistic.
in other words, I already said if Peach has useful measures then nothing with Mario in all games.
but there are still many ways to make the story reasonable when Peach would be captured.

Pinkie Pie said:
Baby Luigi said:
hahaha no

Was that sarcastic laugh really necessary?

THAT is an exception. Where else does Peach utilize self-defense? Maybe Super Mario RPG?

Brock said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Baby Luigi said:
hahaha no

This. ^
I'd think if Peach is not like Wario and DK, who are outside of Mushroom Kingdom and have own series games
honestly the game can be realized in mainstream games and no need of Peach series

I think the perfect answer to this is psychiatric sessions to help cure them of their Bowser-phobia. Like others have mentioned, Toads have the potential to fight back in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Bros. 2, etc. But if we could help them conquer their fear, then we'll basically have an army of Marios at our side which would crush any of Bowser's plots during the first invasion. Also, get the Toads to actually put those cannons to use by firing cannonballs instead of power-up presents and Mario himself, they're wasting so much defense. Also, since we now know Toads can use power-ups, have somebody like the Mario Bros. gather power-ups scattered throughout the Mushroom Kingdom and keep them stored in Peach's Castle where they ca freely use them. Further, make alliances with other Mario races. The RPGs have proven that not all races are bad (God, that sounds racist) and that they love Peach and the kingdom. Why can't Peach just draft some Goombas, Koopas, Boos, Wigglers, etc. who can aid the fight against Bowser just like he uses them to fight the Mushroom Kingdom. Additionally, they can each offer their own weapons and shields like Vanish Cloaks or Blue Koopa Shells to the Mushroom Kingdom's front. Make sure to set up recon teams to scout out every world to check if Bowser's minions have created castles and have declared war. Lastly, establish close relations to Kingdoms like Sarasaland, Bean Bean Kingdom, Rosalina's Comet Observatory, etc. to receive help from outside their limits and have other armies by their side.

By using all of these assets, the Mushroom Kingdom will reign supreme!

Baby Luigi said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Baby Luigi said:
hahaha no

Was that sarcastic laugh really necessary?

THAT is an exception. Where else does Peach utilize self-defense? Maybe Super Mario RPG?

I think that's only if you play as her, which isn't required.

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think that's only if you play as her, which isn't required.
the problem may be her statue: rather than Daisy and Birdo who haven't been in both RPG and main games for long time, it's very easy for the core staff to help Peach playable

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
I think the perfect answer to help cure them of their Bowser-phobia. Like others have mentioned, Toads have the potential to fight back, since we now know Toads can use power-ups.
Further, make alliances with other Mario races. The RPGs have proven that not all races are bad Why can't Peach just draft some Goombas, Koopas, Boos, Wigglers, etc. Lastly, establish close relations to Kingdoms like Sarasaland, Bean Bean Kingdom, Rosalina's Comet Observatory, etc. to receive help from outside their limits and have other armies by their side.
By using all of these assets, the Mushroom Kingdom will reign supreme!
one problem is Nintendo can make a character all-round or useless at will, just like Peach in Brawl and Bros, that doesn't mean it's official settings, and before toad soldiers, the more important thing is to make clear of Toad and Toadette's statue when both aren't playable in these games.

it's true that toads aren't the only species in Mushroom kingdom, if there are still koopas, wizards, and other mercenary hirable, "weak" toads shouldn't be in the forefront.

But to remind, whatever the precondition is, the outcome of premise must be that Peach or someone is kidnapped and the main hero Mario gets ready to save. Here is just discussion of the reasonability of premise story. There would be even more realistic things like Allied Forces across nations, but Mario isn't Zelda who have parallel worlds to let you end multiple bosses.

I think that Bowser kidnapping Peach is just an elaborate game the Mushroom Kingdom and the Koopa Troop play every year or so, similar to the Olympics. Neither side is really trying to seriously harm the other, the Toad have to play defense until the Koopas capture Peach and then they have to play defense until Mario re-captures here.

The Marioverse equivalent of Capture the Flag - Capture the Peach.

It doesn't look to me like Koopas die when they fall into lava or get hit by a fireball, they have to be fireproof to live in the Bowser Badlands. Hence why Bowser was able to fall into the surface of a sun in SMG and survive.

as for the goombas that die who cares they're expendable

They need a SPINE! The Toad warriors that defend the castle have no backbone and are pathetic.

And a more competent ruler. So is this like a princedom, or something, like is the Princess the soveriegn ruler? Why isn't she a queen? Where are her parents? Maybe I'd have more faith in her if they didn't give her such a stupid-sounding voice. I cannot take ANYTHING she says seriously.

Another game I can think of in which Peach can defend herself is Super Paper Mario. Although that may be just me, because I like the Peach vs. Mimi fight so freaking much. :D
The Toads just need more BACKBONE, as said before.

Dr. Javelin said:
I think that Bowser kidnapping Peach is just an elaborate game the Mushroom Kingdom and the Koopa Troop play every year or so, similar to the Olympics. Neither side is really trying to seriously harm the other, the Toad have to play defense until the Koopas capture Peach and then they have to play defense until Mario re-captures here.
I think it's not the characters see it as recreation, it's the staff who want to simplize the condition of game, not making a realistic war between nations. So for death or fatal attacks.

Shiny Celebi said:
Another game I can think of in which Peach can defend herself is Super Paper Mario.
I think Peach has some capabilities, but the staff don't use that in main games, only when she's a player.

Back