For the Threads (A Guy About Love)

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
So I'm Brock, and as the name goes, I am a guy all about love. :posh:

This thread is so everyone can cry and mope about love, crushes, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends in general, and just general life drama. Come seeking advice or just as a location to vent frustrations.

Since this is off-topic discussions, going off topic is fine, but keep it relevant.

Figure I should start us off. Single, going on 1 year now. Yes, ladies, this one is on the market. ;)

Oh Brockie, are you upset I locked my thread?

I suppose I was sounding perverted, so I locked it.

Well, as of now, I have no complaints, but I'll be back!

NintendoQueen said:

To be honest, you locked the original thread, then made the new one, then locked that one too. I was only a matter of time before this one came up.

GLaDOS said:
NintendoQueen said:

To be honest, you locked the original thread, then made the new one, then locked that one too. I was only a matter of time before this one came up.

Um, alright? I think it's funny that Brock made this thread....?

If Brock locks this like NQ locked hers, I vow to create another one and never ever lock it. Anyway this sums up my love life.
  • I had a play girlfriend when I was like 10 or 11. It's probably not worth noting but since I'VE NEVER ACTUALLY HAD A ROMANTIC PARTNER i find it somewhat notable.
  • Then in 8th grade I "fell in love," and after I moved I found out several girls had crushes on me but too bad, I moved. And I never confessed my feelings to the one girl until it was too late so bleh.
  • I "fell in love" again around 11th grade and in 12th grade I found out the person didn't have the same feelings toward me. So bleh.
  • I've been on a handful of dates (some people I've met online and then IRL) but none of them ever turned into relationships.
I try to avoid the "forever alone" stuff because considering how hard it is for me to make FRIENDS in real life, why would I expect to find a romantic partner?

Why is Brock's thread taken more seriously?

Also, Mason, the reason I locked mine was because I didn't want people thinking I'm some stupid horny fuck. Herr Shyguy said it well; he said something about complaining to a forum filled with 12 year old boys, about my woes. So I thought "Yes, that's true, it's pointless of me to do that". So I locked the thread, because the thread is now stupid and pointless....

NintendoQueen said:
Why is Brock's thread taken more seriously?

Also, Mason, the reason I locked mine was because I didn't want people thinking I'm some stupid horny fuck. Herr Shyguy said it well; he said something about complaining to a forum filled with 12 year old boys, about my woes. So I thought "Yes, that's true, it's pointless of me to do that". So I locked the thread, because the thread is now stupid and pointless....

I was teasing you then, but anyways, wasnt trying to make you sound weird. I liked your thread, so wanted to keep something like it going.

Mason said:

I hear you mason. It's hard enough just making friends in real life. Getting a girlfriend on top of that is like icing on cake. That's what I've been trying to do lately. Just find a few friends I can spend time with, then see where things go from there. I figure I have until I'm 40 to start getting all "forever-alone."

well, there's this girl I really like, and I've heard that she likes me back, but I'm too nervous to tell her how I feel and maybe the rumors are false. Oh gosh this is all sorts of crazy..

Gengar said:
well, there's this girl I really like, and I've heard that she likes me back, but I'm too nervous to tell her how I feel and maybe the rumors are false. Oh gosh this is all sorts of crazy..

Welcome to the World of having a crush!

I've been stuck in that world for quite a few years now (not on the same person in that time, however).

Just like the first level of Sonic Heroes. Goddonut.

MCD said:
I've been stuck in that world for quite a few years now (not on the same person in that time, however).

Just like the first level of Sonic Heroes. Goddonut.

I've been stuck in that world for about, oh let's say, 10 years.

This thread has the best title ever.

Also I'm wondering how long this thread will stay relevant before it gets random and useless.

NintendoQueen said:
Gengar said:

Welcome to the World of having a crush!
x
Well, I turned into a man and told her. It just turned into an awkward conversation XD

I had that happen to me in a math class sophomore year of high school. There was a school dance coming up, and I had a crush on this girl in the class. But I waited forever to ask her, and when I finally had enough courage and did it, she already had a date to the dance, so I was just like "Oh, okay." and never spoke to her again. Ended up not going to that dance, but it wasnt that bad.

Brock said:
I had that happen to me in a math class sophomore year of high school. There was a school dance coming up, and I had a crush on this girl in the class. But I waited forever to ask her, and when I finally had enough courage and did it, she already had a date to the dance, so I was just like "Oh, okay." and never spoke to her again. Ended up not going to that dance, but it wasnt that bad.
I know that feel. The girl I told is my best friend, and she would always talk to me when she had boy problems. Turns out she likes another guy, but it's all good. Maybe she wasn't the one, know what I mean?

Gengar said:
I know that feel. The girl I told is my best friend, and she would always talk to me when she had boy problems. Turns out she likes another guy, but it's all good. Maybe she wasn't the one, know what I mean?
Yeah, that's the way I look at it. We (in this case, you) have plenty of time to find the right one. If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out. It just wasnt meant to be. Maybe next time you'll have better luck. :)

It's tough when it's your best friend, though.

Brock said:
Gengar said:
Yeah, that's the way I look at it. We (in this case, you) have plenty of time to find the right one. If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out. It just wasnt meant to be. Maybe next time you'll have better luck. :)

It's tough when it's your best friend, though.
yeah, exactly! I have lots of time to find the right one. The good thing is, it didn't really affect our friendship when I told her though, we're still good friends. I'm not one to get sad over this stuff anymore, really.

Back