Mario Party 6

Pinkie Pie said:
I don't think I've played Sumo Dumos. Also, I just don't like Tricky Tires because of the horrible steering controls. Also, I suck at all those minigames even with the easy CPUs. :(.

Sumo of Doom-o is this minigame:

MP6_SumoOfDoom-o.jpg

Sorry if I sound mean, but how can you not beat the easy computers on Black Hole Boogie? They SUCK at that game. Same with Tricky Tires, Stamp by Me.....basically all the games you mentioned too. The easy COMs are pretty formidable in Dunk Bros., though, if you chose not to dunk.

Maybe that's just me I find the easy COMs suckish.

I tend to be good at most minigames. Only a couple that seem to make me screw up but as I get older and return to playing it, it becomes so much easier.

I like the Dust Til Dawn Minigame or whatever it is.

Also, I hate Clockwork Castle, I don't know why, but I like all the other boards, but hate that one

GLaDOS said:
I liked Memory Lane and the Bullet Bill bridge one.

Jump the Gun

I like Clockwork Castle as well. My least favorite is Snowflake Lake. I don't really like the Chain Chomp stealing stars idea too much.

I think it's easier on Faire Square since Twila can make stars worth only 5 coins, which means you can buy up to 5 with only 25 coins.

I actually liked Mario Party 6 but the microphone stuff was kinda bullshit. It's been a long time since I've played it but I remember the maps were cool and the day/night mechanic kept us on our toes.

Uniju said:
I actually liked Mario Party 6 but the microphone stuff was kinda *bleep*. It's been a long time since I've played it but I remember the maps were cool and the day/night mechanic kept us on our toes.
Yeah, the mic never worked. Maybe the Wii U will fix that but I still don't really like those games.

Yoshidude99 said:
I don't have a microphone so I couldn't play those games

Um, first, the Mic came with the game. Second, you can play mic games using your controller.

Welp, looks like I found my copy of Mario Party 6 all scratched up. Hopefully alcohol pads will do the trick. :(.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I don't have a microphone so I couldn't play those games

Um, first, the Mic came with the game. Second, you can play mic games using your controller.
I got it preowned but I didn't know you could play them with the controller.

Has anyone here gotten all the solo mode bonuses? I know there's one that no one has actually found, not even me. I even looked it up on google, gamefaqs, etc. The one I'm trying to figure out is the bonus between "You love 2vs2 spaces!" and "You love ? spaces!". Judging placement, I know it involves spaces. I think the bonus is either "You love Battle Spaces!" or "You love Bowser Spaces!" Though those seem hard to pull off :/ Here's the list of bonuses...
Minigames won on Easy! (10 coins)
Minigames won on Normal! (15 coins)
Minigames won on Hard! (20 coins)
Minigames won on Harder! (25 coins)
You set a new record! (30 coins)
You beat the Koopa Kids! (50 coins)
You got a Rare Minigame! (100 coins)
You got ten minigames! (100 coins)
No minigame played! (100 coins)
Two identical Dice Blocks! (20 coins)
Three identical Dice Blocks (30 coins)
Even number Dice Block! (10 coins)
Odd number Dice Block! (10 coins)
A giant Dice Block! (30 coins)
A mini Dice Block! (30 coins)
Hit the Dice Block with the Mic! (10 coins)
Always hit Dice with the Mic! (5 coins)
Mic Dice Master (50 coins)
Ten Dice Blocks! (100 coins)
No Orbs! (10 coins)
You have three Orbs! (30 coins)
You threw your Orbs out! (10 coins)
You trashed a lot of Orbs (30 coins)
Two of the same Orbs in a row! (20 coins)
Three of the same Orbs in a row! (30 coins)
No Orb used! (20 coins)
Mushrooms! (10 coins)
Cursed Mushrooms! (20 coins)
Sluggish 'Shrooms! (20 coins)
You landed on a ? Space! (10 coins)
You landed on a Bowser Space! (10 coins)
You love 4-Player spaces! (15 coins)
You love 1-vs.-3 Spaces! (15 coins)
You love 2-vs.-2 Spaces! (15 coins)
You love Duel Spaces! (30 coins)
You love ? Spaces! (30 coins)
???
Rare Game Space! (50 coins)
You conquered all the spaces! (30 coins)
You've played all the boards! (50 coins)
You've played ten times! (100 coins)
You've played 100 times in Solo Mode! (300 coins)

Anyways, yesterday I played Mario Party 6 with my friends, was such a good time even though we could only do mic mode. We did speak up and some mic mini-games. Fruit Talktail was hilarious since we'd say random stuff XD

I played Mario Party 6 via emulator not too long ago. Speak Up was as fun as ever

I really like Mario Party 6. Ties with 7 and 4 as my favourite MP. 7 would probably be my favourite if it wasn´t for the fact that you cannot turn off most of the gimmicks. You can work your way around them (for example, knowing every one of Bowser´s tricks during Bowser time so you can predict them, or try to keep track of the 7 bonus stars) but you can´t select specifically which ones you want, so you have to play with everything on which can lead to some unfair wins/losses. 6 has everything 7 has (minus half mic minigames, the new bonus stars, Birdo and Dry Bones), an awesome day/night system, short but sweet 1 player boards and a fast and delicious to play game flow.

Yup, I love MP6.

Coincidentally, I started playing it again last week. I do not own it but a friend who sold his Wii and Gamecube some months ago (bad choice, I know) discovered it in his closet: apparently, he forgot to sell that one (or even that he did own it for that matter) and found it by accident about a week ago. Our response? Start a new file in one of my memory cards and play it again.

I Like how they brought back the Day and Night System ;D :D

It's funny how you can win Pitifall and Trick or Tree easily via emulator. Seriously. When the emulator is involved, I know exactly which one to pick! ^_^

Baby Luigi said:
It's funny how you can win Pitifall and Trick or Tree easily via emulator. Seriously. When the emulator is involved, I know exactly which one to pick! ^_^
lol

Back