Playable Pokemon

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Just wondering which Pokemon you guys would like in the next Super Smash Bros.

Personally, I think Generation I is fine just the way it is, regardless of whether or not Mewtwo comes back.

Generation II needs a rep and I don't really count Pichu since both of it's evolutions are Gen I Pokemon and in Melee, Pichu was essentially a Pikachu clone.

Blaziken and Deoxys might be the best Generation III Pokemon.

Regarding Generation IV, we already have Lucario, but I had an idea back when I was a new user and suggested that Dawn uses the Sinnoh starters at different evolutionary levels and I think my idea could work. Gallade might not be such a bad choice either.

As for Generation V, Dewott looks like a warrior and he could fit in Super Smash Bros, quite nicely. Other Unova Pokemon I can see in Super Smash Bros would be any of the 3 elemental monkies (or their evolutions) and perhaps Excadrill.

So who do you guys want to see from the Pokemon universe to be playable in Super Smash Bros?

Zoroark. He (or she if its the one from the movie) could turn into other characters.

Plusle & Minun have always been an interesting concept and can work as another duo type character (ala the Ice Climbers). I was personally hoping these two would make it (so that they can satisfy as a main since Pichu, my Melee main, did not return). There was also that possibility that they were planned for Brawl, but of course we are not sure if the removed "Pra_Mai" files belonged to them.

Victini is also a possible candidate for SSB4 (for the fifth generation) as well judging by the fact that its movie was released recently (making it relevant), and the fact that the decision for the roster of SSB4 will be decided upon in a few months time (since the development for SSB4 will begin early 2012 just before the release of Kid Icarus Uprising in March). It is also very popular to start with. Zoroark resembles Lucario; however, it was never given as much attention as its most relevant time with its movie has passed as well as the fact that it is not as easily available in the games as Lucario was in DP (making it less known to people in comparison to its Sinnoh counterpart).

Mewtwo also stands a very strong chance of returning as he is highly demanded (and mourned upon) since his removal from Brawl. Not only that but he will also be an important character in the new Pokemon cross-over game that is coming up; thus, making him more relevant.

Either it will be a fifth generation or third generation Pokemon that will likely join the fray as a newcomer as the fifth generation games are recent at the time, and there is also the possibility of the R/S remakes. Of course, a sixth generation Pokemon can also be possibly if SSB4 is still developed after 2014 (though I doubt it).

Making Deoxys a playable would be a very tricky stunt to pull off though, since we're talking about four different forms. The following setup could be utilized, but it's also inconvenient in that you have to do multiple Transforms to get the form you want.

Normal -> Attack -> Defense -> Speed -> Normal

Anyway, for the 5th generation, Zoroark would be the best possible pick, since it's one of the very first generation 5s to be revealed. Of course, Victini is competing against Zoroark for that spot too.

If Blaziken was playable, I would so play as it. I really like the Torchic evolutionary line.

If you're talking Gen III, the obvious choice is Gardevoir. Blaziken would be cool, though. But hey, I'd be cool with just about any pokemon.

actually I'm very curious about all other human characters
though we know who really fight in the world are animals (pokemon) and seldom there are scoundrels who use weapons to attack pokemons
also in the theory similar with Mario's species problem, they're not characters at all (though Jigglypuff and Pikachu are similar with anime personalities)

but since "pokemon" is the essence of the series rather than characters and stories, I think they'll always be fighters in Smash
or they should make more "trainers" in next Smash game?

Dorayaki said:
actually I'm very curious about all other human characters
though we know who really fight in the world are animals (pokemon) and seldom there are scoundrels who use weapons to attack pokemons
also in the theory similar with Mario's species problem, they're not characters at all (though Jigglypuff and Pikachu are similar with anime personalities)

but since "pokemon" is the essence of the series rather than characters and stories, I think they'll always be fighters in Smash
or they should make more "trainers" in next Smash game?

Brock would be cool, but possibly "over powered" for brawl, considering brawl doesnt include type weaknesses.

Dawn in her Platinum attire would be epic. Infernape, Grotle and Piplup sounds like an interesting team.
Also, Dewott sounds like a great choice. As does Mewtwo's return. Zoroark or Victini....hard to decide.

For Gen V: Zoroark, Victini, or Hilda with Dewott, Servine, and Tepig
For Gen III: Plusle and Minun

I dont think Gen 1 and 4 need any more characters.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Maybe Leaf with Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur.
not about directly introduce trainers to be fighters themselves, maybe that's not necessary to introduce another trainer team
maybe just replace Red or make different trainers in Red's slot

I'd like to see a Pokemon Trainer with different pokemon for costumes.

Gen I protagonist
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

Gen II protagonist
Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion

Gen III protagonist
Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken

Gen IV protagonist
Piplup, Grotle, Infernape

Gen V protagonist
Oshawott, Servine, Emboar

As for Poke ball pokemon, a magikarp that splashes. When it takes enough damage, it becomes a Gyarados and uses Hyper Beam.

Evil Magikrazy said:

Gen I protagonist

Gen II protagonist

Gen III protagonist

Gen IV protagonist

Gen V protagonist

As for Poke ball pokemon, a magikarp that splashes. When it takes enough damage, it becomes a Gyarados and uses Hyper Beam.
I actually thought of the EXACT same thing! I totally agree!

Evil Magikrazy said:

Gen I protagonist

Gen II protagonist

Gen III protagonist

Gen IV protagonist

Gen V protagonist

I'd pretty much want this along with Zoroark or Victini to represent Generation V and maybe even a Generation III Pokemon since Game Freak is dropping so many hints towards a Generation III remake like it's no tomorrow. Deoxys would make a perfect representation of Generation III in my opinion and by pressing Down B, you change to each of his forms which cause differences in your dealt damage, taken damage, blocking, and speed.

Meowth. Please oh PLEASE make Meowth a playable character in the next game!!!

I'd like to see a female Pokemon Trainer, who uses the Hoenn starts like the Kanto Trainer (Red). Namely, I want her to use Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken. The PERFECT combination of the most popular starter Pokemon from Hoenn, IMO.

Zoroark would also be a nice addition.

Back