super mario galaxy 2

Tatanga.

Nintendo don't name their games [ insert something here ] 2, with a few exceptions.

Anyway, moar Luigi.

Personally, I would like to see a second Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, even if Nintendo doesn't usually do that and usually only has one main series Mario game per console (which has been happening since the SNES era). And I would like to see some or all of the following;

A real, Super Mario World-esque co-op mode, more Sweet Sweet Galaxy-esque crazy platforming, maybe bump up the difficulty level, more creative fights against Bowser (all three fights were essentially the same), less Prankster comet extras and more main stars, more stars altogether, a deeper story, more outer space and less huge planets, an appearence by Yoshi, a darker theme more like the Paper Mario series, Peach NOT gettting kidnapped, more music (A song for each level, no re-using songs, this isn't an N64 game!), more costumes and powerups, default abilitys (abilitys that don't need costumes to use), exclusive abilitys for each of the characters (Mario and Luigi) that the other can't use, seperate but intertwined storylines for each character, more characters (including the re-appearence of the Koopalings, who should have been in Galaxy instead of Bowser Jr. since Galaxy was full of SMB3 references), and full voice acting in every cutscene.

And the power ups in Galaxy were incredibly under used. Fire Mario shouldnt have a time limit. Boo Mario should be used more. More power ups. More Galaxies. A Cheep-Cheep Mario power up that allows you stay underwater indefinitely until you either take damage or stay on land for a prolonged period of time.

Seriously, never happen.

Just pray that the best of this game carries over into the next Mario platformer for the Uss or whatever the next console is.

They might have a second but it wouldn't say 2 or two. That mainly happened with SMWs and SMBs. Take PM:TTYD for example, it's not Paper Mario 2(Though it's called that sometimes). And Super Paper Mario isn't Paper Mario 3. Nintendo's been a little more creative with the names of the sequels I think.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
They might have a second but it wouldn't say 2 or two. That mainly happened with SMWs and SMBs. Take PM:TTYD for example, it's not Paper Mario 2(Though it's called that sometimes). And Super Paper Mario isn't Paper Mario 3. Nintendo's been a little more creative with the names of the sequels I think.

I always thought that Thousand Year Door wasn't just called Paper Mario 2 because the original Paper Mario was only called Paper Mario in the US. And SPM has a completly different gameplay style, so it makes sense that it wasn't called Paper Mario 3.

3Dejong said:
Seriously, never happen.

Just pray that the best of this game carries over into the next Mario platformer for the Uss or whatever the next console is.

To me, Super Mario 64 is the predecessor of Super Mario Sunshine, which is the predecessor of Super Mario Galaxy.

SMG broke the Chain of Pwn(TM).

Uniju said:
Smiddle said:
3Dejong said:
Seriously, never happen.

To me, Super Mario 64 is the predecessor of Super Mario Sunshine, which is the predecessor of Super Mario Galaxy.

...wait wut

SMG couldn't have broke the "Chain of Pwn" because SMS didn't pwn.

QFT

3Dejong said:
Uniju said:
Smiddle said:
3Dejong said:
Seriously, never happen.

...wait wut

QFT

QQFT :P

I just finished the main story, the game was great, but I think that a mario galaxy 2 would BII better because there are some details that I didn't liked on this one

-no new koopa species
-limited use of the red star
-the prankster comets are just pass the same mission but with the comet's condition
-few transformation uses
-few super mario bros 3 like levels
-easy foes
-only one fight agains jr
-the final battle agains bowser was alike as the other
-I was wishing a cosmic bowser

well, I think that bowser made a big scheme this time, the question is, What's next? conquering all dimentions, time or universe again or all?

off-topic: do you think that the boos on SMG are all girls? because they fell in love with boo mario just seeing him

maledict said:
I just finished the main story, the game was great, but I think that a mario galaxy 2 would BII better because there are some details that I didn't liked on this one

-no new koopa species
-limited use of the red star
-the prankster comets are just pass the same mission but with the comet's condition
-more transformation uses
-more super mario bros 3 like levels
-harder foes
-only one fight agains jr
-the final battle agains bowser was alike as the other
-I was wishing a cosmic bowser

well, I think that bowser made a big scheme this time, the question is, What's next? conquering all dimentions, time or universe again or all?

off-topic: do you think that the boos on SMG are all girls? because they fell in love with boo mario just seeing him

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVELY SPOILERS.

Uniju said:
Smiddle said:
3Dejong said:
Seriously, never happen.

...wait wut

D`'´oh, I meant SMS <.<
Why do I phail so much suddenly

Koopalings, more "old" power-ups...
I can't think of many things...

Ice Mario should be able to throw ice.
And Spring Mario should't hop around uncontrollably.

PaperStriker said:
Ice Mario should be able to throw ice.
And Spring Mario should't hop around uncontrollably.
is that all the changes you would make? I would make galaxys downloadable off wii shop like the sunshine galaxy (based off of super mario sunshine) or the kirby galaxy (based off of kirby etc. plus what you said

I do have some things that I want to change if there was a SMG2

-More use of the Koopas... I mean I didn't see any up until I fought Kamella and I'm still not seeing many
-Less Goombas! Too many. They're pretty much your main enemy!!!!
-Unlimited flying for Bee Mario, unless you get as high as you can go, then you fall
-Less Starbits, more coins!!! Unless the starbits heal you!!!
-At least fight one of the Koopalings, not Bowser Jr.
-No having to run upside down, like when you fight Dino Piranha
-You should be able to have Star Spin react right when you shake the remote and not have a little cutscene when the Luma goes back into Mario's hat

I just threw this in here because this is what I'm annoyed with. Especially the Koopa one, Goombas are too easy to beat and they are the lowest class of enemy.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
I do have some things that I want to change if there was a SMG2

-More use of the Koopas... I mean I didn't see any up until I fought Kamella and I'm still not seeing many
YA RLY. And they shouldn't be undefeatable.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
-Less Goombas! Too many. They're pretty much your main enemy!!!!

That's what they're supposed to be. ;)
Black Ninjakoopa said:
-Unlimited flying for Bee Mario, unless you get as high as you can go, then you fall
Then the Bee 'Shroom would be overpowered... No.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
-Less Starbits, more coins!!! Unless the starbits heal you!!!
Yeah, it's so hard to jump on enemies.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
-At least fight one of the Koopalings, not Bowser Jr.
All eight should appear.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
-No having to run upside down, like when you fight Dino Piranha
That's SMG. It's annoying, but it's part of gameplay.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
-You should be able to have Star Spin react right when you shake the remote and not have a little cutscene when the Luma goes back into Mario's hat
That also would be overpowered. So no. :)

Some of those I didn't think of. But I also think the life meter is too short.

Black Ninjakoopa said:
Some of those I didn't think of.
Wut? You posted them...

Black Ninjakoopa said:
But I also think the life meter is too short.
Yes, it's very annoying. Especially when the Daredevil Comet is there. ;D

Back