Which series in the SSB series should have another character(s)?

Read topic

• Fire Emblem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear

• EarthBound

• Game & Watch

• Kirby

• Star Fox

• Total voters

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
Which one of these series do you think should have another character. Specify which. I am picking.

Quite a few of them deserve reps; however, the one series that I am hoping to get a new rep is the Super Mario series. It is overdue for a new rep since it remained as 4 characters in Brawl (while even losing one rep from the transition of Melee to Brawl - Dr. Mario). As Nintendo's flagship franchise, I believe the Mario series should at least get 1 or even 2 newcomers in SSB4.

My hopes are for Toad to finally join in. If we get 2 reps, I am fine with Jr. for the second.

'3K said:
Metroid and F-Zero.

For about the millionth time.

This.

F-Zero is definitely deserving of another rep (they had, like, only one rep all this time since Super Smash Bros.) and Zero Suit Samus is just a pseudo Metroid rep.

Yeah add F-Zero on the poll so I can vote for it. Samurai Goroh, anyone?

Of the options on the poll currently, probably Metroid.

Propeller Toad said:
Quite a few of them deserve reps; however, the one series that I am hoping to get a new rep is the Super Mario series. It is overdue for a new rep since it remained as 4 characters in Brawl (while even losing one rep from the transition of Melee to Brawl - Dr. Mario). As Nintendo's flagship franchise, I believe the Mario series should at least get 1 or even 2 newcomers in SSB4.

My hopes are for Toad to finally join in. If we get 2 reps, I am fine with Jr. for the second.

Toad and Jr. would definitley be interesting to have, but in my honest opinion, I think the Mario series has enough reps, if you count Yoshi, Wario, DK, and Diddy as part of the Mario series. If we're going to get any more Mario characters, then it might be best if someone gets taken off the roster. Preferably Peach. I like Peach and she's good in the sports games, but I find her to be the worst Mario character.

Mario Series
It will probably get at least a newcomer or 2 in the next game. But I wouldn't be upset if it didn't grow if it meant a little more representation for more series

Fire Emblem
I'd personally prefer it stay as it from Brawl, but maybe there will be a new character put in.

Metal Gear & Sonic the Hedgehog
I just don't think it will happen. Why give a 3rd party a 2nd character if there's other Nintendo series that could use a 2nd one? Assuming both Snake and Sonic are returning. It's good enough that they're being represented by one character (Though if Sonic has to have a 2nd one, it sure as hell better be Tails or Knuckles, sorry but I'd be absolutely pissed if Shadow made it into the game as a playable character and neither Tails or Knuckles didn't)

Earthbound
Probably won't gain any reps. But someone like Paula or Kumatora would be nice to at least add another female character

Game and Watch
Won't happen. Carry on

Kirby
Doesn't need to be bigger. Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are enough characters to represent that series. It doesn't need any more.

Pokemon
There will probably be a 5th Gen Pokemon playable. Only question is if it will replace Lucario like Lucario did with Mewtwo.

Metroid
It would be nice to see another Metroid rep, though the issue is if there's a popular character that's usable for a fighter spot other then Samus.

Star Fox
I think similar to the Kirby series, it doesn't need more reps. But if there's a chance of another, it might be Krystal. She'd be alright as long as she used a staff though.

EDIT: Woops forgot Zelda

Legend of Zelda
I don't think it necessarily needs to change either. Though I imagine something will happen since Nintendo seems to be giving it alot of love after it's 25th Anniversary's been going on.

Oh yes, I'd love to have a new Fire Emblem character. Ike and Marth are two of my favorite Brawlers. Or perhaps bring back Roy, as he was one of my faves in Melee.

Pokemon I'd like for Zoroark to be added, but not if they have to remove Lucario to add him.

Northern Verve said:
Metroid
It would be nice to see another Metroid rep, though the issue is if there's a popular character that's usable for a fighter spot other then Samus.

Rundas, Anthony, or Adam, anybody?

I would like to see Fire Emblem get another character, though... Lyn, Hector, or Ephraim are all good choices, but my #1 choice would be
The Black Knight/Zelgius.

If they're going to include another Metroid character, they'd have to come up with an actual character, like one of the hunters, or find a creative way to include a boss (although playing as Kreatz from the manga would totally be beast). I'd think that Gandrayda or Dark Samus would survive the transition the best.

Zelda cause that's just how I roll.
Speaking of rolling, Darunia could come in. There could also be a Masked Link character that could turn into a Deku Shrub, Goron, or Zora.

Toad needs to be rep'd. I'm willing to sacrifice another Mario character to get him in. (Probably Diddy. Seriously, that was random.)

If Toad isn't in, then I'd say Metroid.

F-Zero needs a second character. And while I know it isn't relevant to the discussion, I want Stafy/Starfy playable.

Propeller Toad said:
in a more generalized view, Mario series have 8 representives actually. except DK series is special, Yoshi and Wario are not true representives as their subseries are not original as DK, so reversely I'd love to cut them to 6... I hope one model for many characters can help it.

except new Nintendo game series, Metroid is okay. Some games including Earthbound have many characters but the problem is their gameline is too old and it's hard to push them in Smash, unless Nintendo would make sequels to each one.
Zelda is ongoing, but their parallel world of each game is a problem, which causing no other recurring characters besides the three, or I'd love to see some like Midna, Ilia or Vaati.

Sonic along with Snake isn't fitting since the staff can rather call for other cooperation like SE from Fortune Street.

GLaDOS said:
Zelda cause that's just how I roll.
Speaking of rolling, Darunia could come in. There could also be a Masked Link character that could turn into a Deku Shrub, Goron, or Zora.
I'd say put Ghirahim in, but the game would be broken then...

Red Barchetta said:
Northern Verve said:
Metroid

Rundas, Anthony, or Adam, anybody?
I wouldn't say no to Sylux, personally.

I think Legend of Zelda should have one more. Maybe Lord Ghirahim?
Other series I think needs more are Donkey Kong, Metroid, and maybe F-Zero.

For the series that only have one rep, I'm thinking of the following characters:

Yoshi
Baby Mario
Baby Mario paired with Baby Luigi

Wario
Kat and Ana
Captain Syrup

F-Zero
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh
Blood Falcon

Sonic
Shadow
Vector
Espio
Knuckles

Metal Gear
Sorry, but I know practically nothing about the Metal Gear series.

Pikmin
Nobody. Having Louie and/or the President of Hocotate Freights would be pointless since they have access to the same kind of Pikmin as Olimar, making them Olimar clones gameplay-wise.

What do you guys think of my list?

Kick Buttowski said:
For the series that only have one rep, I'm thinking of the following characters:

Yoshi
Baby Mario
Baby Mario paired with Baby Luigi

Even if they were completely original character movesets I'd have a feeling they'd be considered the scrappies of the game. I don't hate them or anything, but not only would they be considered another version of already existing characters in the roster but miniature lightweight characters.

Wario
Kat and Ana
Captain Syrup

I wouldn't be opposed to any of these 2.

F-Zero
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh
Blood Falcon

Black Shadow or Goroh are good. Not too keen on Blood Falcon though.

Sonic
Shadow
Vector
Espio
Knuckles

Vector and Espio will never make it. Replace Shadow with Tails then you have something

Pikmin
Nobody. Having Louie and/or the President of Hocotate Freights would be pointless since they have access to the same kind of Pikmin as Olimar, making them Olimar clones gameplay-wise.

Yeah wouldn't really make sense to give the Pikmin series another character.

Kick Buttowski said:

Yoshi
Wario

What do you guys think of my list?
uhm, as above, I support the idea that substream of Mario series itself can't make it together, not to talk about even cut Wario and Yoshi themselves
the outcome is that Daisy or toads etc are still in prior character selection to babies and Warioware mambers from the whole series
though some games in Smash are old classics, but I care more about new games of subseries if the characters have problems in their appearances

YoshiMonsta said:
You do know there is a Poll, right?

No one has voted.
If you'd voted, or viewed results, you'd know that you have around 10 votes on your poll -.-'

Back