Kid Icarus: Uprising

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Detecting sarcasm would be a good skill to have. Like, really good to have.
It would, but on the Internet, it's near-impossible.

No, it is, don't try to say otherwise.

Smashgoom202 said:
Detecting sarcasm would be a good skill to have. Like, really good to have.
It would, but on the Internet, it's near-impossible.

No, it is, don't try to say otherwise.

Impossible for you maybe, but I've become quite good at it.

I've become good at it to an extent as well. Sometimes it can be hard to detect but most of the time its obvious.

I got this for my birthday.
I finished the main story and got up to Arlon on the boss battle thing
I use the Needle palm with 4 star ranged and 2 star melee, not amazing but it's pretty decent.
Hades is hysterical, hence why I changed my custom title to one of his quotes.
I was on LvD earlier, lol I was with good people on dark and we totally owned a group of new players on light, it was pretty fun.
So a brill game overall: nice story, good music, fun gameplay and I like most of the characters. It's a shame we never hear the truth about Magnus...

Smugleaf said:
Sakurai says he won't make a sequel.

This isn't surprising, considering that Sakurai hates sequels. Looks like we'll be waiting another 25 years.

Then again, I have a hard time believing that Nintendo would revive a series only to let it die again.
Maybe he specifically won't be working on it... Which makes sense, seeing as he's now working on Super Smash Bros., but maybe someone else? Personally, there were too many loose ends in this game to just leave it at that.

As if Nintendo won't milk their franchises for all they're worth. Sakurai is full of shit; he says he dislikes sequels, then does nothing but churn out more sequels. And I especially lost respect for him when he dismissed the legitimate complaints of Kid Icarus: Uprising's control scheme being insanely obtuse and physically painful as people "playing the game wrong".

Herr Shyguy said:
Isn't he the guy that's made something like 15 Kirby games?
Well, he was only involved in a few of them... I think... I know he wasn't that involved in Kirby's Dream Land 2 & 3, and Kirby 64, though he did do the voice of King Dedede in that one...

Crocodile Dippy said:
As if Nintendo won't milk their franchises for all they're worth. Sakurai is full of shit; he says he dislikes sequels, then does nothing but churn out more sequels. And I especially lost respect for him when he dismissed the legitimate complaints of Kid Icarus: Uprising's control scheme being insanely obtuse and physically painful as people "playing the game wrong".

Am I the only one who didn't get my hands hurt from playing it? I didn't even use the stand either, I just held it with one hand and the stylus in the other.

I'm going to take a wild stab and guess your hands are mutated.

Yes I have 8 fingers on one and 4 on the other.

I used a DSi Stylus and my thumb can bend back to a 90 degree angle. But I don't think those two things affect it.

Crocodile Dippy said:
As if Nintendo won't milk their franchises for all they're worth. Sakurai is full of *bleep*; he says he dislikes sequels, then does nothing but churn out more sequels. And I especially lost respect for him when he dismissed the legitimate complaints of Kid Icarus: Uprising's control scheme being insanely obtuse and physically painful as people "playing the game wrong".

Am I the only one who didn't get my hands hurt from playing it? I didn't even use the stand either, I just held it with one hand and the stylus in the other.
I kind of got cramps, but most of the time, my hands could just feel numb after long plays.

I don't get all this whining about the controls. From what I understand it controls a lot like MP:Hunters, and I never had any problems with that game.

The worst I got was probably minor cramps in the back of my hand for like a minute. Then all was fine.

Any discomfort brought out from the controls is bad design, whichever way you look at it.

I had no discomfort, just like I had no discomfort with any other game that uses a stylus. So it was good design for me.

Guess it wasn't for other people though.

Also... Random thought... Magnus? Too strong to be human? Could he be an equivalent to Hercules or something?

Lily said:
Also... Random thought... Magnus? Too strong to be human? Could he be an equivalent to Hercules or something?
That'd be an interesting story... Like he's part God or something. Too bad they dropped him, his character, and his backstory like a hot rock. :rolleyes:

New Super Mario said:
For this sequel thing, you would think that if so many people want it, they wouldn't just sit there and not make it.

I'd say the problem is maybe that not so many people are going out off their way to ask for it. Atleast from what I've seen.

Back