The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
I searched on here to see if there was a thread like this in this specific forum, and there wasn't so I thought it would be nice if there was one.

Re: The Official Pokemon TV Show and Movie Thread

The first movie sucked.

The fourteenth movie was full of win.

I saw the Victini and Reshiram movie over the weekend. Compared to the Victini and Zekrom movie, I kind of think that Reshiram follows the hero status better than Zekrom. Then again, I never saw the alternate movie.

Never liked the cartoon or movies. They seemed so condescending and dreadfully repetitive. Oh gee, here's Team Rocket, do you think they'll try to steal Pikachu and get blasted off?

Harry Potter, the recent Muppets movie, and the new My Little Pony cartoon are all proof that something can be aimed at kids and also be good. The fact that all three have massive fanbases comprised of people of all ages attest to this. The Pokemon cartoon, meanwhile, was singlehandedly responsible for making an entire generation of kids grow up thinking that the franchise is for little kids and only little kids. If you've ever had someone make fun of you for liking Pokemon, it's because of this cartoon.

At least the Black & White season changes Team Rocket's agendas so that they're not always after Ash and Pikachu. And if their plans fail, they'll fly off on their jetpacks.

MnSG said:
At least the Black & White season changes Team Rocket's agendas so that they're not always after Ash and Pikachu. And if their plans fail, they'll fly off on their jetpacks.

That is one of the reasons why I love this season so much. D & P was the worst IMO. I almost lost all hope on the show when that started.

Also there is some people who think Pokemon is strictly for children, including my father but old loves die hard with me.

I made a thread about this. :P I didn't see your thread.

I watch the show.
I love the originals.
The gen 3 ones are ok as they have some good characters, but May is a n00b of life.
D/P is ok too as some bits are good/funny but some are stupid.
B/W is kinda lame as the characters and story kinda sucks.

Ultraluigi said:
I made a thread about this. :P I didn't see your thread.
Yeah I noticed, that's OK.

Lily said:
I watch the show.
I love the originals.
The gen 3 ones are ok as they have some good characters, but May is a n00b of life.
D/P is ok too as some bits are good/funny but some are stupid.
B/W is kinda lame as the characters and story kinda sucks.
I don't think there is anyone (let along the latest newcomers) that doesn't agree that the original is the best. But I'm also one of those people who love when old things become new again, like this series. But I never watched D/P when it first came out, so my feelings for that section is very low.

Mario4Ever said:
The first movie sucked.
who are you

(BTW this thread title should probably be changed to Anime instead of TV show)

Mariomario64 said:
Mario4Ever said:
The first movie sucked.
who are you

(BTW this thread title should probably be changed to Anime instead of TV show)

Well the anime technically is a TV series program.

CharizardLover said:
Yeah, maybe I should do that, it should sound less awkward of a title.

Wait, how do I do that.

Just modify the primary post's subject title.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
Never liked the cartoon or movies. They seemed so condescending and dreadfully repetitive. Oh gee, here's Team Rocket, do you think they'll try to steal Pikachu and get blasted off?

Harry Potter, the recent Muppets movie, and the new My Little Pony cartoon are all proof that something can be aimed at kids and also be good. The fact that all three have massive fanbases comprised of people of all ages attest to this. The Pokemon cartoon, meanwhile, was singlehandedly responsible for making an entire generation of kids grow up thinking that the franchise is for little kids and only little kids. If you've ever had someone make fun of you for liking Pokemon, it's because of this cartoon.
I'm sorry, but you're pretty clearly just mad. And please, please tell me that you just haven't seen any of the other Muppets movies because if you think they're all worse than the latest one you might just have no taste whatsoever.

Uniju said:
Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:

I'm sorry, but you're pretty clearly just mad. And please, please tell me that you just haven't seen any of the other Muppets movies because if you think they're all worse than the latest one you might just have no taste whatsoever.
He didn't even post that on this thread...or the same day.

Re: The Official Pokemon Anime and Movie Thread

I've been thinking about watching the whole series in order from the first episode of Kanto all the way up to Black and White. Is there any sort of continuity?

Mason said:
I've been thinking about watching the whole series in order from the first episode of Kanto all the way up to Black and White. Is there any sort of continuity?
Yes, there is. Um, but I don't know where you can find it. I think I read that the whole begin series is not available on DVD or VHS in the US, only in Japan. Somewhere if you Google really hard, you can find them all. If there is, I would really love to see the Johto Region, which is my favorite.

Or maybe Netflix...

Yes Netflix has it, but not on Streaming.

Also if you have On Demand there's 5 or so Kanto episodes on there.

Some episodes were never aired internationally though, due to earthquake incidents in Japan. In fact, after the Hoenn saga, no Pokemon ever used Earthquake in any battle.

Back