Mario Kart 7 is better than Mario Kart Wii.

amirite?

• Agree

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
  • The items are far more balanced. Instead of a million Bullet Bills and blue shells flying at whoever happens to be winning, powerful items are rarer and can even backfire (Lucky 7). This means that skill is more important.
  • Customizable karts. Most racing games already had this, and it's odd that it's taken Mario Kart this long to catch up. It adds an element of strategy and experimentation to the game.
  • Also, Shy Guy (which makes up for losing my MKW main, Dry Bones)! I don't really mind some of the odder choices--babies get old, and I was never a Waluigi fan anyway.

The first reason was my main problem with MKW.

I actually seem to be getting hit by more Blue Shells than usual in this game.

And they run along the floor now, so anyone can get hit by them.

MCD said:
I actually seem to be getting hit by more Blue Shells than usual in this game.

And they run along the floor now, so anyone can get hit by them.

1. Stuff happens, but with fewer racers you're probably mathematically less likely to get hit by them.
2. It being dangerous to everyone not only makes the explosion a bit less terrible for the 1st place racer, but actually helps the person who shot the blue shell.

1: The babies got replaced by Metal Mario.
2: Mario Kart 7 removed Single Player VS Mode.
3: Balloon Battle was not fixed to what it was before Mario Kart Wii.

I never played Mario Kart 7, and I was kidding about the Metal Mario part. The loss of the babies and the addition of Metal Mario does not bother me. But I'm still not getting Mario Kart 7 because of the other two reasons. Sure, Balloon Battle was ruined in Mario Kart Wii, but Mario Kart 7 never fixed it, so both games lose one point. Mario Kart 7 loses another point for removing SP VS Mode, so Mario Kart Wii is better.

Baby Time said:

I never played Mario Kart 7, and I was kidding about the Metal Mario part. The loss of the babies and the addition of Metal Mario does not bother me. But I'm still not getting Mario Kart 7 because of the other two reasons. Sure, Balloon Battle was ruined in Mario Kart Wii, but Mario Kart 7 never fixed it, so both games lose one point. Mario Kart 7 loses another point for removing SP VS Mode, so Mario Kart Wii is better.

Balloon Battle was fixed up a bit so it did improve!

Mario Kart 7
+Customizable Karts
+Gliding and underwater
+Great courses
+Fan favorite courses were picked for retro cups
+Communities on Wifi mode
+Items are a bit more balanced

Mario Kart Wii
+Bikes
+Great Courses
+Has Solo VS.

Pandapowah said:
Baby Time said:

Balloon Battle was fixed up a bit so it did improve!

Mario Kart 7
+Customizable Karts
+Gliding and underwater
+Great courses
+Fan favorite courses were picked for retro cups
+Communities on Wifi mode
+Items are a bit more balanced

Mario Kart Wii
+Bikes
+Great Courses
+Has Solo VS.

And it is still inferior to the old style. Also, according to Baby Luigi (the user), teammates can now be attacked in Team Battle. In Mario Kart Wii they could not be attacked by you.

So that is still hardly an improvement.

Only thing that disappoints is the lack of Waluigi in this game.

Also, Nintendo is planning to do some DLC for their already existing 3DS games, so we'll see how this works out.

Gummy said:
  • Also, Shy Guy (which makes up for losing my MKW main, Dry Bones)! I don't really mind some of the odder choices--babies get old, and I was never a Waluigi fan anyway.
well? for roster, I remember from Wii many main racers including Birdo, Diddy and Toadette aren't here this time too
despite still new racers didn't contain other main characters, only Waluigi makes the problem?

except some main racers absent, there are truly many new vehicles and variable items and maps
I can say it's at least better than DS and GC (regardless of duo partners)
I wonder how next Kart in home console would make even better improvement?

I could care less about Balloon battle, and I said before that I'd sacrifice the Single Player Versus mode anyday over a multiplayer with up to 8 people on a handheld with communities. I haven't even got MK7 yet (Probably will get it Christmas), but as far as I'm concerned I might enjoy this more then I did MKWii.

Northern Verve said:
I could not care less about Balloon battle, and I said before that I'd sacrifice the Single Player Versus mode anyday over a multiplayer with up to 8 people on a handheld with communities. I haven't even got MK7 yet (Probably will get it Christmas), but as far as I'm concerned I might enjoy this more then I did MKWii.

same

Northern Verve said:
I could care less about Balloon battle, and I said before that I'd sacrifice the Single Player Versus mode anyday over a multiplayer with up to 8 people on a handheld with communities. I haven't even got MK7 yet (Probably will get it Christmas), but as far as I'm concerned I might enjoy this more then I did MKWii.
Same as well.

Gamefreak75 said:

Also, Nintendo is planning to do some DLC for their already existing 3DS games, so we'll see how this works out.

Its not just Waluigi were missing...

Mario Kart 7
+Customizable Karts
+Better battle mode
+Better music
+Lakitu
+VS Mode options (Bob-ombs only, heck yeah!)
+Better course design

-No Baby Luigi, Waluigi, etc.
-Crappy time limit when selecting kart/character combination in friggin' LOCAL
-Cheap, rubber-banding AI
-No single player VS
-Team mates can be attacked in battle mode (even though Star and Tanooki Tail does no effect to them)
-Grinding coins to get new parts
-Unable to pause in multiplayer

Mario Kart Wii
+Bikes
+Hackable
+Better team system
+Single player versus
+No friggin time limit in multiplayer unless playing online
+Able to pause in multiplayer
+Baby Luigi

-Crappy music
-Spiny SHell
-Bikes overpowered
-Cruddy battle mode
-No multiplayer Grand Prix

The only reason I am playing Mario Kart Wii more is because Baby Luigi is in it, otherwise I'd stick with Mario Kart 7.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Kart 7
+Customizable Karts
+Better battle mode
+Better music
+Lakitu
+VS Mode options (Bob-ombs only, heck yeah!)
+Better course design

-No Baby Luigi, Waluigi, etc.
-Crappy time limit when selecting kart/character combination in friggin' LOCAL
-Cheap, rubber-banding AI
-No single player VS
-Team mates can be attacked in battle mode (even though Star and Tanooki Tail does no effect to them)
-Grinding coins to get new parts
-Unable to pause in multiplayer

Mario Kart Wii
+Bikes
+Hackable
+Better team system
+Single player versus
+No friggin time limit in multiplayer unless playing online
+Able to pause in multiplayer
+Baby Luigi

-Crappy music
-Spiny SHell
-Bikes overpowered
-Cruddy battle mode
-No multiplayer Grand Prix

The only reason I am playing Mario Kart Wii more is because Baby Luigi is in it, otherwise I'd stick with Mario Kart 7.

Something to add in Mario Kart 7:
+ Communities
+Gliders and underwater
+ Fairer ranking (MK7's way of ranking you in Grand Prix seems fairer than MKWii.)

- No records (like the liscense in MKWii) they only have records for online.

I dont think hackable is a positive point. Yeah, you can do a whole bunch of stuff with hacks but the downside of being hackable are the hackers ruining online for everyone. MKWii's music was bad? I thought it was okay.

Gamefreak75 said:

ibn4 waluigi is DLC

Pandapowah said:
Something to add in Mario Kart 7:
+ Communities
+Gliders and underwater
+ Fairer ranking (MK7's way of ranking you in Grand Prix seems fairer than MKWii.)

- No records (like the liscense in MKWii) they only have records for online.

I dont think hackable is a positive point. Yeah, you can do a whole bunch of stuff with hacks but the downside of being hackable are the hackers ruining online for everyone. MKWii's music was bad? I thought it was okay.

You know, I could care less for online, that's why I basically ignored it and anything to do with it. I don't care if there are hackers cheating online, I'm happy with my COMs and offline.

IMO, Mario Kart Wii's music is worse than Mario Kart 7's.

I haven't played MK7, but if it feels anything like the DS, I would disagree. I don't know why, but I just can't get into the DS version. It's super boring. I blame the small screen and the lack of an analog stick.

CharizardLover said:
I haven't played MK7, but if it feels anything like the DS, I would disagree. I don't know why, but I just can't get into the DS version. It's super boring. I blame the small screen and the lack of an analog stick.

No, it's better than the DS. WAY better. There's no snaking, you get customizable karts, fun battle mode, etc. TBH, I'm not a fan of the DS version of either, so me liking Mario Kart 7 is saying something.

Baby Luigi said:
CharizardLover said:

No, it's better than the DS. WAY better. There's no snaking, you get customizable karts, fun battle mode, etc. TBH, I'm not a fan of the DS version of either, so me liking Mario Kart 7 is saying something.

Good, that's good.

I enjoyed the DS one alot, but this one is really much better fun-wise. I did love snaking though, it would always make me try to get better at it, see if I can get X ammount of boosts in and still get back on the track.

Mario Kart 7's drifiting is much more fairer though, and it's still has that feeling of trying to get a certain ammunt of boost before you let go.

And I don't think the time limit on choosing characters and parts is that bad that it takes away the experience of it. It's just to get all the people who take 2 minutes to choose to hurry up.

And I'm not even going to say something about hacking being a positive point, I think you've probably figured out I don't care about it.

Personally MK7 > MKWii

Mario Kart 7 does feature a large set of unlockables. That surely beats Mario Kart DS, in which you can be done with everything in only two days; and yes I've gotten a star rank on every GP, and on every mission.

The poll is tied 5-5.

Mario Kart Wii

-Completely ruined Versus Battle
-brought an annoying item in the thunder cloud
--Introduced bikes, in a game named Mario kart
+had a lot of characters
-gave those characters personal stats, which causes everyone on wi-fi to use Funky Kong
~racing with 12 persons was pretty cool, but maybe a bit much
+the wi-fi point system was very nice, showing exactly how much points you got from others and allowing you to bring guests.
+Ratings both in-game as online weren't just based on position, but more on how well you did generally in the race.

Mario Kart 7

+removed bikes
+no more thunder cloud, the new items are better and more unique than those in MKW
-Missed some cool characters like Toadette
~mixed feelings about the newcomers
~fixed the versus mode somewhat, but not enough
+customizable karts
+5 weight classes, no more individual stats

Back