Which languages would you most like to learn?

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
If you already know a few, then just label a few others you'd like to learn on top of those ones. Obviously.

I'd love to learn Indonesian (and by extension, Malay) and Turkish. Considering Australia's close ties to both of those nations, they'd be fairly practical !!
 

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I'd love to be more fluent in French. I'd also like to learn Japanese, Swedish, and Finnish, just for the novelty of it.
 

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
I'd most like to learn Spanish or French, because those are the most relevant to me. (A lot of hockey is broadcasted in French, and I never could learn Spanish, and it would be nice to finally learn it.)

I'd also like to learn Finnish (same reason as Anton) and Japanese would be nice.
 

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
I think I'd like to learn Italian the most because I'm 75% Italian and It'd be nice to know the language.
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
I am learning French maintennant.

I would like to know Japanese, though.
 

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
I'm gonna go with the popular choice, I've always wanted to learn Japanese, or maybe Korean/Chinese, too.

Italian and Spanish would be cool, too. Spanish would probably be more useful than Italian around here, though.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
apocalypseArisen said:
Italian and Spanish would be cool, too. Spanish would probably be more useful than Italian around here, though.
I don't know about the statistics, but aren't there a lot of Italians living in America? And if you learn one of those languages, the other one is fairly easy to grasp as well; I intend to learn Spanish after I finish my Italian for that reason.
 

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
Hypnotoad said:
I'd love to be more fluent in French. I'd also like to learn Japanese, Swedish, and Finnish, just for the novelty of it.
Brock said:
I'd most like to learn Spanish or French, because those are the most relevant to me. (A lot of hockey is broadcasted in French, and I never could learn Spanish, and it would be nice to finally learn it.)

I'd also like to learn Finnish (same reason as Anton) and Japanese would be nice.
I took Japanese in high school, not as hard as people say it is :) It's fun.

Hmm, what would I like to learn?
French or Italian would be neat.
 

Annie Eilenberg

Sera Island's #1 Alchemist
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Japanese, because there's quite a bit of stuff I'd be able to finally understand. German, because I know some of it but am not fluent in it and would like to be. And Russian, because it looks pretty damn cool.
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Ned Kelly said:
apocalypseArisen said:
Italian and Spanish would be cool, too. Spanish would probably be more useful than Italian around here, though.
I don't know about the statistics, but aren't there a lot of Italians living in America? And if you learn one of those languages, the other one is fairly easy to grasp as well; I intend to learn Spanish after I finish my Italian for that reason.
Actually, American culture has a Hispanic heritage month, but not an Italian heritage month, and most children's television shows feature at least one Spanish-speaking character designed to teach kids basic Spanish vocabulary. Why they do this for Spanish and not French, Italian, Portuguese, German, etc, I really don't know.

I'd like to finish learning French, but I am avoiding Latin at all costs since it is extremely tedious.
 

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I actually find Latin really easy.

I'd maybe say either Japanese, Spanish or German, but I feel fine with the current amount of languages I know.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Ned Kelly said:
apocalypseArisen said:
Italian and Spanish would be cool, too. Spanish would probably be more useful than Italian around here, though.
I don't know about the statistics, but aren't there a lot of Italians living in America?
There are a lot of people descended from Italians, not a lot of Italian speakers. Being next to Mexico and all, there's a lot of Spanish speaking that goes on down south.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Ornithologist Mario said:
I am learning French maintennant.

I would like to know Japanese, though.
You have an extra n in maintenant.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Currently I am learning German. It's a nice language. I'd also like to learn Russian just because Russian.
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
I am learning French maintennant.
ahahaha, you-

You have an extra n in maintenant.
screw you.



I'd like to learn Spanish as it is quite a lyrically pleasing language. I actually took a Spanish course in Sec. 4 (mostly because I thought it would be "easy" due to the language's similarity with my native French) but two years after, I forgot nearly all of it beyond a few scant basics. I wouldn't mind Japanese either.
 
Herr Shyguy said:
I'd love to be more fluent in Latin.
YES. Latin is a dead language, but since most current European and American languages are based of it, it seems pretty cool to learn. I love mixing up Latin root words and coming up with crazy words.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I'd like to learn Spanish someday.
 

Paper Yoshi

Jonny Boy
I'd like to learn Italian and re-learn French. I took a French course in 2007, but I've forgotten so much about it I can't really say I speak French. I still can understand it well, though.
 

schmutz

welcome to the hotel waluigi
I'm currently in my fourth year of French, but I would like to learn Latin. It's the language on which French is based so it would probably clear a few things up when reading and trying to use context and whatnot. I just find it really interesting to learn such an ancient language that isn't even spoken any more.

I also just started taking a Japanese class, so we'll see how that goes.
 
Top