The Official Christmas 2012 Thread

MCS

Donkey Kong
I've been planning on making a thread like this this year, and here it is! With today being the first day of December, I decided I'd start it off with a Christmas thread! Here, talk about what stuff you want for Christmas, traditions you might have, Christmas memories, or anything Christmas related!

I'm gonna kick off this thread with a classic tune.

Re: The Official Christmas 2011 Thread

Ah Christmas always a nice time of the year. Besides gifts, family bonding is truly the best part about Christmas and as for every year the simple joy of giving all your friends and family a merry christmas.

Northern Verve said:
Ah Christmas always a nice time of the year. Besides gifts, family bonding is truly the best part about Christmas and as for every year the simple joy of giving all your friends and family a merry christmas.

Man, this touched me. I should sig it for my Christmas theme. I couldn't agree more.

Am I really the only person who is dead terrified of Christmas? I mean, I guess it means something different to you sepos than it does to us, but still.

In all seriousness, I've never been big on Christmas. But usually we just sit with the extended family and stuff our faces, then go right back to work the following morning, so I guess that's kind of cool.

Thank you for not titling this the happy holidays thread. And a merry, merry Christmas to all of you. :)

Happy holidays and a merry Yule to you all.

You're the one who made the thread.

I know, but the purpose was to talk about anything Christmas related, like stuff you want, traditions you have, etc. I made it December 1st since it's the first day of the Christmas month. You could at least save your wishes till Christmas actually comes, which is what I'm doing.

banjonator1 said:
Thank you for not titling this the happy holidays thread. And a merry, merry Christmas to all of you. :)

In response to this and your signature:
There is no such thing as X-mas. Christmas. Christmas. CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas! And don't get me started on Happy Holidays...

I have the urge to point out your ignorance on the subject, but I'm a bit busy so I'm just going to copy paste something:

The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated in English for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used. "Christ" was often written as "XP" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as AD 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters χ and ρ used in ancient abbreviations for Χριστος (Greek for "Christ"),[2] and are still widely seen in many Eastern Orthodox icons depicting Jesus Christ. The labarum, an amalgamation of the two Greek letters rendered as ☧, is a symbol often used to represent Christ in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Churches.

I can understand your concern, though, but it all depends on the context of the phrase "xmas". On its own it is not taking Christ out of anything. Yes, people do use "xmas" to turn the holiday into a secular tradition, but on its own it's still the same thing as 'Christmas'.

Also, why not get you started on "Happy Holidays"? Is Christianity the only religion to have a holiday allowed to exist within this time of year? I'm pretty sure Christianity isn't the only religion around.

I know your personal texts boasts "Political correctness? What's that?". But this is more of a case of ignorance and bigotry, rather than political correctness.

Christmas, as well as this holiday season is about being nice and family and all of that stuff. Not being an ignorant bigot.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all :)

Nega-Man said:
With today being the first month of December, I decided I'd start it off with a Christmas thread!
Just felt like pointing that out :P

Fawfulfury65 said:
Nega-Man said:
With today being the first month of December, I decided I'd start it off with a Christmas thread!
Just felt like pointing that out :P
Ha.

Anyway, on the topic of Christmas. I can make my voice extremely deep and sing You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch almost exactly how it's sang in the animated movie.

For Christmas, the games I want are:

Fortune Street
Mario and Sonic 2012
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: Twlight Princess (the Gamecube version, since I already beat the Wii version and I think it would be more challenging to beat again with the other version)

There aren't many other things I really wanted.

I'm only getting a few things I need and I want for Christmas. No, it's not Mario Kart 7, I'm getting it earlier than that, but I'm going to have money like I always do every Christmas.

Remember folks, big presents come in small boxes. If you don't like a gift, think about the thought rather than the material.

I think some of the best gifts are gift cards. You get to choose your gift and you can save it for a near-future game. If I get any, I'll save it for the new Paper Mario coming out next year.

Northern Verve said:
I think some of the best gifts are gift cards. You get to choose your gift and you can save it for a near-future game. If I get any, I'll save it for the new Paper Mario coming out next year.

Money itself, IMO, is one of the best gifts. The very reason is that my relatives give me money so I can buy my own gifts. Still, the traditional material gift is great as well, as long as it is right and very thoughtful.

Baby Luigi said:
Northern Verve said:

Money itself, IMO, is one of the best gifts. The very reason is that my relatives give me money so I can buy my own gifts. Still, the traditional material gift is great as well, as long as it is right and very thoughtful.

I like to get money rather than gift cards, because then you can spend it anywhere, rather than just the shop where the gift card is from.

Merry Christmas, guys!

Merry Christmas also I got Angry Birds Seasons Advent Calendar

Northern Verve said:

That reminds me, I got a GameStop gift card that has 50 bucks on it and I used it only once to get F-Zero GX (which was like 4 bucks, surprisingly, since it's such a badass game). And I got the gift card back in July on my birthday. I should spend that bad boy.

Fawfulfury65 said:
For Christmas, the games I want are:

Fortune Street
Mario and Sonic 2012
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: Twlight Princess (the Gamecube version, since I already beat the Wii version and I think it would be more challenging to beat again with the other version)

There aren't many other things I really wanted.

The Mario games I have on my list are:

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games/London Games
Mario Sports Mix
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land (if I get a 3DS)

Back