The Official Christmas 2012 Thread

Re: The Official Christmas 2011 Thread (Christmas Countdown: 5 days)

I have school until Friday and go back on the 3rd or something around there.

I hate how it doesn't feel like Christmas where I live. It's getting up into the 60's!

I'm pretty stressed. For all the wrong reasons.

Every year I do get a whole bunch of presents, a couple of games plus 10-15 other small things. But this year I decided to donate to charity. i don't wanna be like some people and donate just $20, I want to go higher, somewhere around $100. But that would mean a whole bunch less presents. It's kind of my own fault I'm stressed about this. If I thought of Charity BEFORE I worte my Wish List, I wouldn't have a problem, but I keep getting the feeling I'm only gonna get a couple of games and maybe 2 Presents. Which'll make me feel like I was left out since my family would get more.

I've already told myself I'm going through with the charity thing and theres no changing my mind, but I just keep worrying that I won't get hardly anything for christmas.

I'm also kind of worrying my Dad might get me the wrong games while he goes shopping. Since he has a tendancy of doing stupid stuff. I mean, he hasn't screwed up when getting games before, but it's just a gut feeling.

Other than that, I do like Christmas and can't wait :D After that we go on holidays to the beach and a few weeks after that is my Birthday.

Re: The Official Christmas 2011 Thread (Christmas Countdown: 4 days)

Crackin355 said:
I'm pretty stressed. For all the wrong reasons.

Every year I do get a whole bunch of presents, a couple of games plus 10-15 other small things. But this year I decided to donate to charity. i don't wanna be like some people and donate just $20, I want to go higher, somewhere around $100. But that would mean a whole bunch less presents. It's kind of my own fault I'm stressed about this. If I thought of Charity BEFORE I worte my Wish List, I wouldn't have a problem, but I keep getting the feeling I'm only gonna get a couple of games and maybe 2 Presents. Which'll make me feel like I was left out since my family would get more.

I've already told myself I'm going through with the charity thing and theres no changing my mind, but I just keep worrying that I won't get hardly anything for christmas.

I'm also kind of worrying my Dad might get me the wrong games while he goes shopping. Since he has a tendancy of doing stupid stuff. I mean, he hasn't screwed up when getting games before, but it's just a gut feeling.

Other than that, I do like Christmas and can't wait :D After that we go on holidays to the beach and a few weeks after that is my Birthday.

This is all that matters. And besides, Christmas isn't all about the gifts; it's about spending time with family. Sorry to hear that happened, though.

Yeah, I know, I just needed somewhere to let it all out. I don't feel so bad about it now. I'll get enough stuff anyway.

I know Christmas is about spending time with family, but I kinda do that every day, so it doesn't feel that special. I do have a lot of memories of Christmas Lunches and parties those. Those are tons of fun.

It doesn't feel that special? How about this: turn on some Christmas tunes, drink some egg nog with your family, and boom, it should feel special. ;)

I guess. I hope it's a rainy day though. I love the rain. Rain > Everything

Nega-Man said:
It doesn't feel that special? How about this: turn on some Christmas tunes, drink some egg nog with your family, and boom, it should feel special. ;)
Speaking of Christmas tunes, I have a tradition. I count how many times I've heard a certain Christmas song on the radio. I've been counting Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. I've heard it 17 times so far.

It hasn't really felt like christmas this whole month for me. Just felt like regular holidays. I wish it snowed in Australia. I've never seen snow.

Crackin355 said:
It hasn't really felt like christmas this whole month for me. Just felt like regular holidays. I wish it snowed in Australia. I've never seen snow.
Thant stinks

Crackin355 said:
I've never seen snow.

Same here.
GalacticPetey said:
Nega-Man said:
Speaking of Christmas tunes, I have a tradition. I count how many times I've heard a certain Christmas song on the radio. I've been counting Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. I've heard it 17 times so far.

Interesting tradition.

Nega-Man said:
Oh, you've been to Germany? Cool! How was it?

I don't remember much, I was about 4 then, but I remember going down a hill on a bobsled, putting on all sorts of clothes to keep warm, going to Playmobil land, and eating the snow to see what it tasted like. That's about it.

So, what will you be doing on Christmas?

Me? Probably just gonna open presents with my dad. Maybe drink some egg nog and listen to Xmas tunes. And if I get a 3DS, I'll be playing that all Christmas :P

I'm having my dads family over for brunch and opening of gifts. Then we'll relax for awhile, then travel to my mom's family, open presents and snack on Christmas cookies.

We'll probably just open our presents, eat some food, maybe watch a movie, then do whatever with our presents.

Nega-Man said:
But man, where has the time gone? Only 4 more days till Christmas!

I know, I had a friend come over today, he asked what the date was, and I told him it was the 21st, and he said "What? I thought it was the 5th a couple of days ago." Time flies, doesn't it?

Sure does.

So, what are some of you guys' favorite Christmas songs? I like Happy Xmas (War Is Over) by John Lennon, Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney, and Last Christmas by Wham!, to name a few.

Probably most Christmas Carols, and a few others. Can't think of any at the moment, though.

YES!!!!! 4 MORE DAYS TILL CHIRSTMAS!!!!!

I found a way to relieve my stress! Instead of giving to charity for Christmas, I'm just giving to charity using all the money I saved up. I feel much less stressed now.

Back