The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

The battle of the gods english dub was great.

Guys I'd like to know which gohan was the best.

in my opinion it's:

Cell saga gohan >>> Future Gohan >> Saiyan Saga Gohan (probably due to Icarus) = Frieza Saga Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>> Buu Saga Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT Saga Gohan.

Oh I saw Battle of the Gods recently. It was really good actually, I was afraid the whole Super Saiyan God thing was going to be some deus ex machina but it didn't turn out that way and also showed why Goku doesn't want to rely on the form (It's not a power he can achieve on his own) for everything.

And some of the extra stuff was enjoyable too. Vegeta singing to cheer up Beerus was hilarious as all heck. And even though I knew Mai is over 40 years old in age in reality, just turned to a kid in this movie from an accidental wish from Pilaf. I found the whole Trunks having a crush on her kinda cute actually. I know really thinking about it, that's weird. But I don't know, still found it cute enough either way.

Sylveon said:

in my opinion it's:

Cell saga gohan >>> Future Gohan >> Saiyan Saga Gohan (probably due to Icarus) = Frieza Saga Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>> Buu Saga Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT Saga Gohan.
Future Gohan and Cell Saga Gohan are equally cool. Cell Saga is cool because he finally has the spotlight and is actually the strongest character at that point. Future Gohan is really cool because it gave us a completely new Gohan and really showed how much his life changed because of the androids.

GalacticPetey said:
Sylveon said:

in my opinion it's:

Future Gohan and Cell Saga Gohan are equally cool. Cell Saga is cool because he finally has the spotlight and is actually the strongest character at that point. Future Gohan is really cool because it gave us a completely new Gohan and really showed how much his life changed because of the androids.

Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

Although Cell and future gohan were pretty much destroyed after the buu saga though, i mean there was mystic gohan at least but he did very little at all.

Mystic Gohan is really hyped and he manages to hold his own against Buu. That is until Buu absorbs Gotenks and Piccolo and then Gohan proceeds to get his ass kicked.

GalacticPetey said:
Mystic Gohan is really hyped and he manages to hold his own against Buu. That is until Buu absorbs Gotenks and Piccolo and then Gohan proceeds to get his ass kicked.

He was already way stronger than super buu though, he could have easily took him out, but he got cocky again kinda like he did with cell when he went ssj2.

Although i guess super buu could have regenerated anyway but i wish the writing would have focused more on gohan at that point though. Gohan was a pretty neat character through a lot of the series and he just kinda felt like he was just ran over at that point.

Which brings me to a bigger question, maybe i dont remember but, what was up with the whole mystic thing anyway?

Old Kai unlocked his maximum potential. Think of what Guru did on Namek but on a much higher level. I believe it was stated that Gohan never really had to use the Super Saiyan form anymore because it wouldn't contribute anything.

GalacticPetey said:
Old Kai unlocked his maximum potential. Think of what Guru did on Namek but on a much higher level. I believe it was stated that Gohan never really had to use the Super Saiyan form anymore because it wouldn't contribute anything.

A shame thats all it was capable of then.

I guess it cant be helped when your enemies absorb the power of two other fighters though.

Although did piccolo make that much of a difference though? If I recall piccolo wasnt exactly strong at that point in the series and most of the power from absorption was mainly from gotenks.

Absorbing Piccolo was actually very helpful. He gained Piccolo intelligence and fighting knowledge. If you notice, once he has absorbed Piccolo, he speaks wore cohesively and with more intellect.

GalacticPetey said:
Absorbing Piccolo was actually very helpful. He gained Piccolo intelligence and fighting knowledge. If you notice, once he has absorbed Piccolo, he speaks wore cohesively and with more intellect.

Oh okay, must have forgot then. I'll probably remember more whenever kai does the buu saga(they're still doing it right?).

Yeah. It's already airing in Japan. No idea when we get a dub though. Probably once Toonami gets to that point in their schedule.

GalacticPetey said:
Yeah. It's already airing in Japan. No idea when we get a dub though. Probably once Toonami gets to that point in their schedule.

Good, will be neat to see how slimmed down the buu saga will be, also dat ost.

To answer your question, I don't really consider the different versions of Gohan different characters. Except Future Gohan, but that's because it's another timeline. Gohan's my favourite character in DBZ. I like his personality, and that doesn't really change that much over the course of the show.

Hey, guys, just out of curiosity, how would YOU want to do a live-action Dragon Ball adaptation? We all know how Dragonball Evolution was horrible, but what would you want it to be like?

To be honest, I'm not sure a live action adaptation could work. It just doesn't translate that well into live action. The hair would look kinda stupid and I'm not sure how well the general public would like it. DBZ is pretty silly and weird.

Purple Yoshi said:
Hey, guys, just out of curiosity, how would YOU want to do a live-action Dragon Ball adaptation? We all know how Dragonball Evolution was horrible, but what would you want it to be like?

Live-action combined with cartoons and/or anime pretty much never work. There's so many medicore or worse attempts to bring a movie where the source material wasn't originally live action that ended terrible that it shouldn't really be considered. Was there even ever a truly good live action movie based on a cartoon or anime that was actually considered good and not a guilty pleasure movie for those who may have liked it?

That said, I can imagine if there was a movie that included Cell in it. I think that would at least be possibly legitimately terrifying. As his absorbing capabilities and hunting down citizens was already terrifying enough in the actual show. Just imagine that in a more realistic look.

DragonFreak said:
Wait, is that like a different DBZ Kai than what is aired on like Nicktoons?
DBZ Kai on nicktoons was edited down to a Y7 rating. This has been restored to the TV-14 rating with blood and swearing.

Back