Possible WiiU title...?

Toad Eightyfive

used to be here but peaced out
Pronouns
Anything
MarioWiki
Toad85
I just realized something. The WiiU has two screens, one of them touch, plus a myriad of other features that would equate, IMO, to one inevitable game:

Professor Layton WiiU, anybody?

Toad85 said:
I just realized something. The WiiU has two screens, one of them touch, plus a myriad of other features that would equate, IMO, to one inevitable game:

They said they were thinking of porting the series.

Nabber said:
Toad85 said:

They said they were thinking of porting the series.
Porting, or completely new game?

I'm speaking of the latter.

Toad85 said:

YES
FUCK YES
HELL
FUCKING
YES!

Seriously, this could work. You could walk around (yes, I know you can't do that in the DS or 3DS games; I want to add something new) using the top screen, while solving puzzles on the bottom.

Epic Nitwit said:
So, what's the normal Layton series like? I've never played it.

So play it.

NAO.

Just kidding. It's really like an adventure game that's played though puzzle-solving instead of battling or platforming. It also is famous for having one of the best storylines in video gaming.

Toad85 said:
Epic Nitwit said:
So, what's the normal Layton series like? I've never played it.

So play it.

NAO.

Just kidding. It's really like an adventure game that's played though puzzle-solving instead of battling or platforming. It also is famous for having one of the best storylines in video gaming.

So, an adventure/puzzle game series where you don't wander around, and has good story plus Clive? Ok.

Play the other 3 first
Curious Villiage is a best first game to buy as the others except LS follow it.
Pandoras box is optinal, but reccomended.
Lost future you must buy, it goes into great deal of characters past, it has romance, plus the lord of all things epic CLIVE!!!
LS I'm not sure, haven't got it yet, but it's a prequal to CV.

Well, I don't know whether I would be able to find the other three, and if LS is a prequel anyway, then I wouldn't miss out on that much plot, would I?

Lily said:
But it's the latest to be released, IMHO, I would play them in order of games release.

I don't know; I played the first 3 games backwards, and I didn't have too much trouble understanding the plot.

And, although Curious Village is the first in the series, and a good start, it's also the hardest IMO, and might turn off some newbies. I think that Diabolical Box (the 2nd one, Nitwit) would be a better starting point, because it's still fairly early in the series, but it's not as balls hard as Curious Village.

Ok, had a look at my local game shop, and they only had LS, but there's one more place I can look for one. But I still don't have enough money for a new game yet, so maybe I'll try after Christmas. Oh, and how much replay value do these give? I'm assuming not much, since they're puzzle games.

Epic Nitwit said:
Ok, had a look at my local game shop, and they only had LS, but there's one more place I can look for one. But I still don't have enough money for a new game yet, so maybe I'll try after Christmas. Oh, and how much replay value do these give? I'm assuming not much, since they're puzzle games.
As you said, not much, but the main story does take a very long time.

Yeah, ok. That's the only problem with puzzle games, no replay value, unless of course you haven't played the game in a very, very long time. So, what's your opinion on which is the best PL game, Toad85?

Back