What thing from your childhood did Hollywood ruin.

MnSG said:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas would be a start. The original 1966 animated special is overall, much better than that live-action version.

I actually kinda liked that film. If only for Jim Carrey's wonderfully hammy (On purpose) performance. The best parts was almost always when the Grinch was alone (Well Max the Dog too) in his mountain home.

Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Mario4Ever said:
"Whiter than a skull, with wide, livid scarlet eyes and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils...[next chapter]his hands were like large, pale spiders...the red eyes, whose pupils were slits, like a cat's, gleamed still more brightly through the darkness."

He also doesn't make a big *bleep*ing deal about being able to touch Harry:

"'I can touch him now'...Voldemort laughed softly in his ear...." (in other words, no "I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!")

oh my gosh look at those miniscule differences harry potter is ruined forever

Those "miniscule differences" are very important to me...it'd be like giving Moody an iron leg.

Northern Verve said:
I actually kinda liked that film. If only for Jim Carrey's wonderfully hammy (On purpose) performance. The best parts was almost always when the Grinch was alone (Well Max the Dog too) in his mountain home.

I agree. I also enjoyed it. But I also wasnt going in thinking "This is going to be an amazing movie." I went in thinking "This is going to be corny and cheesey as hell, and it's gonna be great." Expectations, I guess.

Mario4Ever said:
Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Mario4Ever said:
"Whiter than a skull, with wide, livid scarlet eyes and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils...[next chapter]his hands were like large, pale spiders...the red eyes, whose pupils were slits, like a cat's, gleamed still more brightly through the darkness."

He also doesn't make a big *bleep*ing deal about being able to touch Harry:

"'I can touch him now'...Voldemort laughed softly in his ear...." (in other words, no "I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!")

oh my gosh look at those miniscule differences harry potter is ruined forever

Those "miniscule differences" are very important to me...it'd be like giving Moody an iron leg.

You actually give a *bleep* what material Moody's fake leg is made of? That's so sad I don't even know where to begin. I facepalmed for a solid ten minutes after seeing your post.

Also, half the stuff you listed above actually was in the film. :/

I have been mad at disney since they replaced the good ol' animations with that cheesy crap about stupid teenagers in singing competions or whatever.

Lily said:
I have been mad at disney since they replaced the good ol' animations with that cheesy crap about stupid teenagers in singing competions or whatever.
I SALUTE YOU, LILY.
Yes.Yes.YES!

The "good ol'" animations are more expensive than the live action crap they can shell out by the bundle. It's more cost effective for disney to make a handful of live action movies than it is to painstakingly make a good ol' animated disney movie.

Brock said:
The "good ol'" animations are more expensive than the live action crap they can shell out by the bundle. It's more cost effective for disney to make a handful of live action movies than it is to painstakingly make a good ol' animated disney movie.
As true as that is, **** logic. Good 'Ol animations are more important.

Gummy said:
Remember when vampires were cool?
Nope. Most girls in my grade are obssesed with twilight. One girl said that she and 10 friends were going to see Breaking dawn. i said it was a huge waste of money. I was shunned by most girls for the rest of the day.

GalacticPetey said:
Gummy said:
Nope. Most girls in my grade are obssesed with twilight. One girl said that she and 10 friends were going to see Breaking dawn. i said it was a huge waste of money. I was shunned by most girls for the rest of the day.
That's nothing. In my school, some of my teachers are Pattinson fans.

GalacticPetey said:
Gummy said:

I know Twilight sucks. I mean they were cool before that, but sadly they've been ruined.

Robert Pattinson seems like a great bloke. In his first interview about Twilight he started talking about how dreadful the books were and how he played Edward as a disturbed, crazy stalker because that's how he seemed to him.

Gummy said:
As vampires are among my absolute favourite mythological creatures, I strongly second that notion.

Gummy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Gummy said:

I know Twilight sucks. I mean they were cool before that, but sadly they've been ruined.
I like the book, buty I'm no big fan of the films.

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
Robert Pattinson seems like a great bloke. In his first interview about Twilight he started talking about how dreadful the books were and how he played Edward as a disturbed, crazy stalker because that's how he seemed to him.
I know, right?

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:

A disturbed, crazy stalker that sparkles in the fucking sunlight. Damn it, where's Bela Lugosi when you need him?

GalacticPetey said:
Wow. Also, Hollywood butchered Percy Jackson

Heck yes. Well, actually it was okay, but they won't be able to make a sequel!!!

I mean, Luke's death ruined everything! It's not possible for the series to continue without Luke to start working for Kronos!

And why the heck was Percy 18? He was only 13 in the books!

GalacticPetey said:
Gummy said:

Speaking of the latest Twilight movie, I heard that that movie contains scenes that can lead to potential seizures.

Now before you say anything, I am NOT a Twilight fanatic, but my mother has seen the first Twilight movie.

Back