What thing from your childhood did Hollywood ruin.

Pyro

Power Star
No one cares about fucking Godzilla.

A lot care about Dragon Ball Z.

And everybody hates the SMB movie.

Except MM64.
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Eragon counts, right?
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Oh okay then. The Eragon movie omitted an entire race (dwarves) that was present in all four books and very awesome in the first and last books. It cast just about everyone except Brom horribly and had atrocious screenplay. Its most memorable lines ("I suffer without my stone!") only came through how horrific they were. Eragon was annoying somewhat in the books, but was horrible in the movie like nothing I've seen in a long time. They killed off major protagonists that appeared in two later books, and the final battle took place in the location and way that were least like those described in the book possible. I hate that movie with a deep passion.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Fantastic. Four.

Not so much the main characters, but my favorite villain in any form of fiction, Doctor Doom.
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Alvin and the *bleep*ing Chipmunks.

God, I hate that movie. Especially the "squeakquel." I see no reason to watch Hollywood butcher it a third time.

And to think it was such a good cartoon back in the days. Such a shame.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Harry Potter from the Goblet of Fire onward
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Mario4Ever said:
Harry Potter from the Goblet of Fire onward
Goblet of Fire is the low point imo; they got better from there until the most recent, which is done very well.
 

schmutz

welcome to the hotel waluigi
I definitely agree with the Eragon movie (although it wasn't really from my childhood).

I didn't realize how horrible the Sailor Moon dub that I watched on Cartoon Network as a littlun was until I watched the actual Japanese original. Then I felt like punching Cloverway in the face. I lost many TV hours of my childhood to that crap.
 

Scarecrow von Steuben

I'm very friendly.
Lord Ghirahim said:
Mario4Ever said:
Harry Potter from the Goblet of Fire onward
Goblet of Fire is the low point imo; they got better from there until the most recent, which is done very well.
The last two HP movies were *bleep*ing awesome.

Azkaban and Goblet of Fire were the worst, since Azkaban removed everything that made the book version so awesome, and Goblet of Fire cut out so much the plot was incomprehensible.

Moody was great though, as was Lupin.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Mario4Ever said:
Harry Potter from the Goblet of Fire onward
Goblet of Fire is the low point imo; they got better from there until the most recent, which is done very well.
The last two HP movies were *bleep*ing awesome.

Azkaban and Goblet of Fire were the worst, since Azkaban removed everything that made the book version so awesome, and Goblet of Fire cut out so much the plot was incomprehensible.

Moody was great though, as was Lupin.
Moody and Lupin were excellent. They fucked up Voldemort terribly, though, and cutting out entire rooms of the Department of Mysteries in Order of the Phoenix pissed me off. I will admit that the movies got better after Goblet of Fire, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the first two in terms of how well they adhered to the books.
 

Scarecrow von Steuben

I'm very friendly.
Mario4Ever said:
Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Mario4Ever said:
Harry Potter from the Goblet of Fire onward
Goblet of Fire is the low point imo; they got better from there until the most recent, which is done very well.
The last two HP movies were *bleep*ing awesome.

Azkaban and Goblet of Fire were the worst, since Azkaban removed everything that made the book version so awesome, and Goblet of Fire cut out so much the plot was incomprehensible.

Moody was great though, as was Lupin.
Moody and Lupin were excellent. They *bleep*ed up Voldemort terribly, though, and cutting out entire rooms of the Department of Mysteries in Order of the Phoenix pissed me off. I will admit that the movies got better after Goblet of Fire, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the first two in terms of how well they adhered to the books.
The Department of Mysteries was the least important thing they cut out of Order, and how did they fuck up Voldemort? He was quite creepy and fairly accurate to how the books depicted him.

The first two I really enjoyed a few years ago, but they haven't aged well, at least not nearly as well as the book versions of them.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
"Whiter than a skull, with wide, livid scarlet eyes and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils...[next chapter]his hands were like large, pale spiders...the red eyes, whose pupils were slits, like a cat's, gleamed still more brightly through the darkness."

He also doesn't make a big fucking deal about being able to touch Harry:

"'I can touch him now'...Voldemort laughed softly in his ear...." (in other words, no "I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!")
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
How the Grinch Stole Christmas would be a start. The original 1966 animated special is overall, much better than that live-action version.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
MnSG said:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas would be a start. The original 1966 animated special is overall, much better than that live-action version.
Yeah, that backstory was a bit much, IMO. However, I think Carrey filled the Grinch's shoes quite well.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
The Cat in the Hat is probably another thing that Hollywood pretty much messed up. When making Dr. Seuss stories into movies, live-action really isn't the best way to go. At least making Horton Hears a Who into a computer animated movie worked out.
 

Scarecrow von Steuben

I'm very friendly.
Mario4Ever said:
"Whiter than a skull, with wide, livid scarlet eyes and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils...[next chapter]his hands were like large, pale spiders...the red eyes, whose pupils were slits, like a cat's, gleamed still more brightly through the darkness."

He also doesn't make a big *bleep*ing deal about being able to touch Harry:

"'I can touch him now'...Voldemort laughed softly in his ear...." (in other words, no "I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!")
oh my gosh look at those miniscule differences harry potter is ruined forever
 
Top