Who do you play as in Mario Kart?

Just list who you play as and if you feel like it, why you play as them.

Super Mario Kart: Yoshi
*Only played it once but he's the only one I've played as.
Mario Kart 64: Yoshi
*Played it alot as a kid. be and my brother would always try to be him
Mario Kart: Super Circuit: Yoshi
*I tried them all but Yoshis seemed to be the easiest when it came to catching up.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: Yoshi/Baby Luigi in Waluigi Racer
*Yoshi 'cause he's awesome, Baby Luigi only for his Special (Otherwise I'd choose an actual good character) and the Waluigi racer 'cause it looked cool.
Mario Kart DS: Yoshi in Polturgiest 4000 (Or whatever it's called)
*Yoshi because he's awesome and the Vacuum Cleaner because it has a nice balance of handling, speed and acceleration.
Mario Kart Wii: Toad in Bullet Bike
*I never really liked the Med. & Large Karts so I used to use Dry Bones on the Magikruiser. Then I needed to do the Big Shortcut on GBA Bowser's Castle # and I used the Bullet bike and Toad to pull it off. Used 'em ever since.
Mario Kart 7: Yoshi --> Shy Guy --> Metal Mario --> Any Unlockable
*Just a Guess.

Luigi, forever and always.

Acceleration only matters if you slow down at all the entire race, which is generally avoided, so acceleration is pretty useless imo.

CharizardLover said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Acceleration only matters if you slow down at all the entire race, which is generally avoided, so acceleration is pretty useless imo.

I always have bad luck with items getting me bad. Always. So naturally I slow down a lot.
Ah. Well, in 150cc of MKW, which has utterly broken items, you still usually gain time by ditching acceleration for speed.

Lord Ghirahim said:
CharizardLover said:
Lord Ghirahim said:

I always have bad luck with items getting me bad. Always. So naturally I slow down a lot.
Ah. Well, in 150cc of MKW, which has utterly broken items, you still usually gain time by ditching acceleration for speed.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Also, love your signature!

In all of them, Yoshi.
But, in Mario Kart Wii, Rosalina and King Boo are my mains. Sometimes I still choose Yoshi, though.

Mario Kart 64: Toad
Mario Kart: Super Circuit: Toad
Mario Kart Double Dash: Toad + Paratroopa
Mario Kart DS: Toad
Mario Kart Wii: Toad (or Toadette sometimes)
Mario Kart 7: Toad (regardless)

In short, I have played as Toad in every Mario Kart I have played in. I'd probably choose him in any of the Mario Kart games I have yet to play as well. I don't care for stats, I just select the character depending on how much I like him/her/it. Toad was my immediate favourite in the earlier Mario games, so it was natural that I would choose him whenever he was a playable character.

Super Mario Kart: Yoshi
Mario Kart 64: Yoshi
Mario Kart Double Dash!!: Varies
Mario Kart Wii: Varies

Bowser Jr. If he's not in, then I'll roll with Koopa Troopa or Dry Bones. Though in MK7, I'm pretty sure I'll end up using Shy Guy a lot.

Mario Kart 64: Peach or Toad
Mario Kart Super Circuit: Peach or Toad
Mario Kart Double Dash: Baby Luigi + Baby Mario on the Koopa King
Mario Kart DS: Toad
Mario Kart Wii: Baby Luigi
Mario Kart 7: Will be Toad mainly

Baby Luigi only for his Special (Otherwise I'd choose an actual good character)

:(

Mario Kart 64: Anyone
Mario Kart Double Dash: Koopa Troopa/Baby Luigi for their special items
Mario Kart DS: I don't really remember but prolly anyone
Mario Kart Wii: My Mii in the Blooper car

Baby Luigi only for his Special (Otherwise I'd choose an actual good character)

Oh, I forgot to mention it's either Baby Mario or Baby Luigi. I would be Baby Mario, because he's allright as a character, but my friend likes using him so I had to stick with Baby Luigi. Of course, I never let my friends be Yoshi but I let them have their choices after that before I choose. I'm often stuck with B. Luigi.

Super Mario Kart: Koopa Troopa and Luigi
Mario Kart: Super Circuit: Luigi
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Mario Kart DS: Luigi
Mario Kart Wii: Luigi, Baby Luigi, Koopa Troopa, and Rosalina

Only Mario Kart installments I've played as of now.

I tend to root for the underdogs with a mixture of which characters I can handle better, so it depends on the game and time period.

SNES Mario Kart- Bowser or Luigi
MK64- Same
MKSC- Same
MKDD- Waluigi and Daisy or Birdo and Daisy
MKDS- Waluigi. Always.
MK Wii- Birdo, Toadette, Waluigi and King Boo
MK7- Rosalina and Koopa

I play with anyone (It's a shame Nintendo doesn't include a random button just like in MKDD :mad:), but my fav characters are :mario:, :luigi: and :yoshi:. I played a lot with Yoshi in MK64 times.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit: Luigi/Yoshi
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: Luigi/Baby Luigi/Bowser Jr./Donkey Kong/Daisy
Mario Kart DS: Luigi/Dry Bones
Mario Kart Wii: Luigi/Baby Luigi/Baby Daisy/Mii
Mario Kart 7: Luigi/Metal Mario/Koopa/Lakitu/Rosalina

Mario Kart DS: Yoshi
Mario Kart Wii: Yoshi
Mario Kart 7: Yoshi

Back