Thoughts on a Mario Kart for Wii U

God why is it so hard to get a straight answer or find a straight answer about what needs to be done in this game

I just opened this thread to discuss what Mario Kart Wii U could be like, I dont care now, we can either give more ideas or just close/delete this thread. :bowser:

I say:

-Bring the 12 racers back.
-Bring the Double Dash mode back, but unlockable. This way you can race both individually and in teams.
-36 characters, this being the roster:

1) Baby Mario
2) Baby Luigi
3) Baby Peach
4) Baby Daisy
5) Toad
6) Toadette
7) Koopa Troopa
8 ) Paratroopa
9) Dry Bones
10) Lakitu
11) Toadsworth
12) E. Gadd

13) Mario
14) Luigi
15) Peach
16) Daisy
17) Yoshi
18 ) Birdo
19) Diddy Kong
20) Dixie Kong
21) Bowser Jr.
22) Hammer Bro.
23) Shy Guy
24) Magikoopa

25) Wario
26) Waluigi
27) Donkey Kong
28 ) Funky Kong
29) Rosalina
30) Lubba
31) King Boo
32) Petey Piranha

I would have added Dry Bowser and Queen Bee, but including them would break the "12 characters per size category" rule, so...

-Make the cups have 5 races instead of 4 like it was in Super Mario Kart.
-Add two brand new cups: the Shine Cup and the Coin Cup.
-No more retro tracks, this meaning that all the cups would be made of brand new courses, meaning a total of 50 brand new circuits.
-Bring back ALL the items from past installments, including the Thunder Cloud, but this time around, there should be a way to get rid of it without having to collide with someone else.
-Mix all the features from all games, including diving, the motorcycles, gliding, etc. (It would be weird to see how a motorcycle being ridden by two people looks with a glider on... Hahahahaha)

Nabber said:
I say that they should bring back - what was it called? The All-Tour Cup?

All-Cup Tour

Regarding some things that the next Mario Kart installment should consider would be...

Roster

Small
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby DK
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Boo
Dry Bones

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Kamek
Hammer Bro
Bowser Jr.

Large
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Rosalina
Queen Bee
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Kritter
King K. Rool

Other
Mii

Racing Features

1: The 12 racers feature that Mario Kart Wii has should return. The item abuse needs to be nerfed though.
2: Cups should have 6 tracks; 24 new, 24 retro.
3: Mario Kart 7's kart customization feature should return, but be modified so that certain parts are only compatible with certain size classes.

Retro Tracks Setup

Super Mario Kart: 2
Mario Kart 64: 4
Mario Kart Super Circuit: 2
Mario Kart Double Dash!!: 4
Mario Kart DS: 4
Mario Kart Wii: 4
Mario Kart 7: 4

Retro Track Picks

Shell Cup
DS Figure-8 Circuit
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
3DS Toad Circuit
SNES Bowser Castle 2
GCN Dry Dry Desert

Banana Cup
GCN Sherbet Land
GBA Sunset Wilds
Wii Daisy Circuit
DS Shroom Ridge
N64 Toad's Turnpike
3DS Wuhu Island Loop

Leaf Cup
N64 Wario Stadium
3DS Rosalina's Ice World
SNES Mario Circuit 4
GCN Mushroom City
DS Mario Circuit
Wii Grumble Volcano

Lightning Cup
GBA Lakeside Park
DS Bowser Castle
3DS Rainbow Road
Wii Moonview Highway
GCN Wario Colosseum
N64 Rainbow Road

I like your ideas, but:

-Not so much Donkey Kong representation, please. Tiny, Kritter and King K. Rool must never ever have something to do with Mario Kart.

-64 Koopa Troopa Beach again? It's appearing in Mario Kart 7!

FMGBASKFH said:
I like your ideas, but:

-Not so much Donkey Kong representation, please. Tiny, Kritter and King K. Rool must never ever have something to do with Mario Kart.

-64 Koopa Troopa Beach again? It's appearing in Mario Kart 7!

1: Well they ARE part of the Mario Universe, so they're fair game, just like Funky Kong was in Mario Kart Wii.

2: I just felt that N64 Koopa Troopa Beach should get a second representation. Don't worry though, since all the other retro track picks that I've chosen have not been used yet.

Speaking of which, I should probably mention the following...

3DS Wuhu Island Loop and 3DS Rainbow Road would have to be adjusted so that you have to race the whole track three times. It's only fair, seeing as N64 Rainbow Road is a 3-lap track.

Edit 2: Okay, it appears that SNES Mario Circuit 2 is in Mario Kart 7 as well. I can always choose SNES Mario Circuit 4, but it's a harder track than SNES Bowser Castle 2.

Back