I suck at Mario Kart

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Try to improve your skills in Time Trials, get better controls, etc.
But, ehh, what Mario Kart game do you mean?
 

Mariorules25

Hyaahhh
Snaking

Just like the others said do some practise on time trials and you'll get better

the first time i played, i sucked
 

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
Super Mario Kart: Never played
Mario Kart 64: Use Yoshi
Mario Kart Super Circus: Never played
Mario Kart Double Dash: Use Baby Mario/Baby Luigi and Mario/Luigi in the Red Fire (Mario's kart)
Mario Kart DS: Use Dry Bones in his standard kart
Mario Kart Wii: Use your favorite control scene and any lightweight character in any kart.

All games: Get better at the controls
 

Vinnie927

I've learned that no avatar is the best avatar.
Wii Remote Plus said:
Super Mario Kart: Never played
Mario Kart 64: Use Yoshi
Mario Kart Super Circus: Never played
Mario Kart Double Dash: Use Baby Mario/Baby Luigi and Mario/Luigi in the Red Fire (Mario's kart)
Mario Kart DS: Use Dry Bones in his standard kart
Mario Kart Wii: Use your favorite control scene and any lightweight character in any kart.
All games: Get better at the controls
Use Funky Kong in the Flame Runner or Daisy in the Mach Bike. Substitute locked characters with anyone else in that size category.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
1. Take the best race route (cut corners, learn to drift, learn to use the kart, race a lot, etc)
2. Use bombs items wisely. A well placed defense/attack may turn the odds.
3. Use whatever you're comfortable with (high acceleration or high speed). But if you're racing online....can't give much advice here.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Vinnie said:
Use Funky Kong in the Flame Runner or Daisy in the Mach Bike. Substitute locked characters with anyone else in that size category.
Don't pay attention to him. Just choose the character and vehicle that you think would work best for you.
 

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
^I agree with MnSG. Just pick any character and vehicle combination that you like and just play the game. Character stats barely make a difference as any character can win a race. Of course, practise does make a person perfect, so try playing more races whenever you get the time. This is the way how one can become better at Mario Kart or even anything else in life. Practising worked for me in terms of the Mario Kart games.
 

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
YamiHoshi.nl said:
Try to improve your skills in Time Trials, get better controls, etc.
But, ehh, what Mario Kart game do you mean?
Mario Kart Wii. I have kinda been getting better, but one of my problems is drifting
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
What kind of controls are you using?
GameCube controller, Wii Remote (with or without Wii Wheel), Wii Remote + Nunchuc, or Classic Controller?
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
I pretty much win constantly with Toadette in the Cheep Charger for Wii, Luigi in the Poltergust 4000 for DS, Toad for 64, and Baby Luigi and Luigi in the Green Fire for Double Dash.
 
Drifting in Mario Kart Wii was always horrible to me. I could do it great in Ds and Double Dash but in Wii it just didnt work so well. So I play automatic. One other thing is, if you're in first or close to the front, and you have a banana or shell, hold it behind you so red Shells and the like wont get you. And if you have a banana behind you and another item like a banana in your item slot, drop the banana, hold the next one behind you and then get a new item from the box. It helps alot for me, especially when I get bombarded with Red Shells. Also if someones right behind in line, throw the shell back and it'll hit them head on. You can also find out the shortcuts and learn the best path to choose on certain tracks.

I use Toad in the Bullet Bike. Only because I needed to beat the GBA Bowser Castle with a glitch and Toad was the only one I could do it with. Then I just kept being Toad.
 
Top