Corrupted Game File

Pandapowah

King Bowser
My New Super Mario Bros. Wii game file was corrupted!I lost everything and I worked so hard on that game :'( Does anyone know why or has this ever happened to you?

Yes this happened several times to me to not only one game, but all games I had on the Wii.

Hey, at least it's just your game. My memory card got corrupted and I lost every scrap of data in every single one of my Gamecube games. Except an Animal Crossing file that was saved on a different memory card.

That happened once to both my Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3 data. I was not happy.

I can't really explain but that's when you lose your game data. I don't know how games can get corrupted, it means their files are messed up or something.

Assuming you don't use a cheating device, corruption generally occurs when you eject a game or shut a console off when it's in the middle of saving data. There could also be some sort of damage to the game itself (scratches, excess smudging). Anything else I'd attribute to a technical glitch.

Mario4Ever said:
Assuming you don't use a cheating device, corruption generally occurs when you eject a game or shut a console off when it's in the middle of saving data. There could also be some sort of damage to the game itself (scratches, excess smudging). Anything else I'd attribute to a technical glitch.

The dÎsc is tø€ badly da™aged. You can no lcœger play Homeµ&uck.

>QÛít„

You arñ forzød to quit£² You will not be ab£‡ to resume plaÿing unless you can re¼áir the scrõtch in the dis.

You will n««d to seek t÷e §ervice of so‰ê‡ne who is capaðle of fixing a scrath_

A s¤ratch dØctor, if y†ù will.

> Vižit dØctor.

In all seriousness my memory card was corrupted and I pretty much lost everything.

not to mention that some games cannot be saved.

I've hacked my games, but none of them have ever affected my game data in a negative manner. On second thought, some of my Brawl hacks did impact some of my solo mode records; I may have gotten records that would normally be impossible to accomplish.

If you're confused, I did hack the common2.pac file that's in the Brawl ISO.

All the other games have been nothing but texture hacking, so they shouldn't corrupt my game data.

None of my save data has actually corrupted, but I did temporarily lost my save data for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I got my save data back in a month (somehow).

This didn't happen to me with the Wii, but it did happen to the Gamecube.
It started when I've found out my Memory Card got full (the one I've got with the Gamecube), so I've been looking at the internet for another card, and I've found a 3rd Party Memory Card with lots of more space on it, and brought it.
3 weeks after moving all of my Gamecube data, the new Memory Card forced me to format the card, in order to continue playing any game.
Then I was mad!
I thought, no more fucking 3rd Party junkware!

Baby Luigi said:
I can't really explain but that's when you lose your game data. I don't know how games can get corrupted, it means their files are messed up or something.
Oh, that happened to me in Nascar Thunder 2003 once.

SKmarioman said:
None of my save data has actually corrupted, but I did temporarily lost my save data for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I got my save data back in a month (somehow).

I lost my save for Mario and Sonic as well. I haven't played it in a while, so I don't know whether it has come back...

YamiHoshi.nl said:
This didn't happen to me with the Wii, but it did happen to the Gamecube.
It started when I've found out my Memory Card got full (the one I've got with the Gamecube), so I've been looking at the internet for another card, and I've found a 3rd Party Memory Card with lots of more space on it, and brought it.
3 weeks after moving all of my Gamecube data, the new Memory Card forced me to format the card, in order to continue playing any game.
Then I was mad!
I thought, no more *bleep*ing 3rd Party junkware!

That's pretty much why I stick with products that have the official Nintendo Seal. Even my Wii's SD card has the seal.

And your TV has the official Nintendo Seal too?
Does that also apply to your bed?

YamiHoshi.nl said:

Let me rephrase what I said then...

The only products that I'll buy for my Nintendo systems are the ones with the Official Nintendo Seal. Does that sound better?

I think so.

YamiHoshi.nl said:

Some people have taken that a step further:

images

I remember this happening with third party memory cards to me a lot. It really upset me, especially for data on games I was nearly finished with/had just gotten past the toughest spot.

Happened on micromachines on DS. But that was a Rom, so I cant complain. It also happened on my Pokemon SoulSilver once, but it goes back to the previous save so it wasnt too bad.

No, ROMs create a Save file on their own, and that's basically how they do on actual cartridges too.
The only difference is, the user won't see this happening.
Save States are Emulation and Virtualization features.

My mp3 Corruption save file got corrupted to the point where it won't allow me to progress the way the game wants me to.

>mp3 Corruption save file got corrupted
That explains all.

Back