Muammar Gaddafi - Dead

You should at least respect the people who lost there familys in lybia

Mario4Ever said:
Rosencrantz said:
Nope. It won't help at all in changing his actual opinion.

But maybe if enough of us call him out, he might just fold to the peer pressure. Wouldn't that be lovely.

Sorry to disappoint you, Rosencrantz, but I'm not going to change or withhold my opinion simply because it irks some people. Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows, and just because I don't have the urge to hold hands with everyone and sing fucking "Kumbaya" doesn't give you any reason to pull this ad hominem crap, and that goes for a few others (demoted? seriously?). You don't have to agree with my opinion, you don't have to respect it, but leave your criticisms for the opinion. I don't deserve to be everyone's fucking punching bag for speaking my mind, especially when I've been and will be nothing but kind to everyone with whom I've had and will have correspondence on here and on the wiki.

How about you get the fuck over yourself first? I'm the most annoying, most egotistical douchebag this side of the Jersey Shore cast, and I'm still nowhere near as bad as you're seeming. I mean, holy shit, there's a difference between having a nihilistic opinion and a whiny teenage "fuck the police" policy. Guess which you're showing up in, and guess which one nobody is going to tolerate when we're talking about the systematic killings of millions of people, between the Hitler, Stalin, and Gadaffi you've mentioned? Believe it or not, the statement that "1 dead person is a tragedy, 1,000,000 dead people is a number" is supposed to be negative, not the basis of your world views. I can't stop you from talking in the same way that I can't stop a KKK rally, but I can sure as hell call you out, and definitively say you are a bad person for your opinion.

Also, I still can't get over the video game designers thing BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rosencrantz said:
Mario4Ever said:
Rosencrantz said:

But maybe if enough of us call him out, he might just fold to the peer pressure. Wouldn't that be lovely.

Sorry to disappoint you, Rosencrantz, but I'm not going to change or withhold my opinion simply because it irks some people. Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows, and just because I don't have the urge to hold hands with everyone and sing *bleep*ing "Kumbaya" doesn't give you any reason to pull this ad hominem crap, and that goes for a few others (demoted? seriously?). You don't have to agree with my opinion, you don't have to respect it, but leave your criticisms for the opinion. I don't deserve to be everyone's *bleep*ing punching bag for speaking my mind, especially when I've been and will be nothing but kind to everyone with whom I've had and will have correspondence on here and on the wiki.

How about you get the *bleep* over yourself first? I'm the most annoying, most egotistical douchebag this side of the Jersey Shore cast, and I'm still nowhere near as bad as you're seeming. I mean, holy *bleep*, there's a difference between having a nihilistic opinion and a whiny teenage *bleep* the police" policy. Guess which you're showing up in, and guess which one nobody is going to tolerate when we're talking about the systematic killings of millions of people, between the Hitler, Stalin, and Gadaffi you've mentioned? Believe it or not, the statement that "1 dead person is a tragedy, 1,000,000 dead people is a number" is supposed to be negative, not the basis of your world views. I can't stop you from talking in the same way that I can't stop a KKK rally, but I can sure as hell call you out, and definitively say you are a bad person for your opinion.

....................... wow

How could anyone here think Gaddafi did not deserve to die? He slaughtered millions, killing people sometimes for just being a different religon or being a political opponent to him. He was evil and deserved to die, unlike his victims. Stalin and Hitler were awful as well, but are both out of the Gaddafi question.

SuperMario25 said:
Rosencrantz said:
Mario4Ever said:
Rosencrantz said:

Sorry to disappoint you, Rosencrantz, but I'm not going to change or withhold my opinion simply because it irks some people. Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows, and just because I don't have the urge to hold hands with everyone and sing *bleep*ing "Kumbaya" doesn't give you any reason to pull this ad hominem crap, and that goes for a few others (demoted? seriously?). You don't have to agree with my opinion, you don't have to respect it, but leave your criticisms for the opinion. I don't deserve to be everyone's *bleep*ing punching bag for speaking my mind, especially when I've been and will be nothing but kind to everyone with whom I've had and will have correspondence on here and on the wiki.

How about you get the *bleep* over yourself first? I'm the most annoying, most egotistical douchebag this side of the Jersey Shore cast, and I'm still nowhere near as bad as you're seeming. I mean, holy *bleep*, there's a difference between having a nihilistic opinion and a whiny teenage *bleep* the police" policy. Guess which you're showing up in, and guess which one nobody is going to tolerate when we're talking about the systematic killings of millions of people, between the Hitler, Stalin, and Gadaffi you've mentioned? Believe it or not, the statement that "1 dead person is a tragedy, 1,000,000 dead people is a number" is supposed to be negative, not the basis of your world views. I can't stop you from talking in the same way that I can't stop a KKK rally, but I can sure as hell call you out, and definitively say you are a bad person for your opinion.

If it makes you feel better to belittle others, then be my guest. It certainly doesn't reflect poorly on me, as much as you would like it to, and like I said, what people do with their lives is their choice and their problem.

Mario4Ever said:
SuperMario25 said:
Rosencrantz said:
Mario4Ever said:
Rosencrantz said:

If it makes you feel better to belittle others, then be my guest. It certainly doesn't reflect poorly on me, as much as you would like it to, and like I said, what people do with their lives is their choice and their problem.

Are you talkin to me?

@SuperMario25 Nope. You haven't said an unkind word since I met you on here, and I thank you for that.

Mario4Ever said:

Actually, ignoring such important criticism from a completely unanimous source just by saying "it's my opinion!" in a pompous and holier-than-thou manner makes you look like an ass, despite what you may think. This isn't something you shrug off as an "opinion", because guess what? Your opinion is wrong.

Rosencrantz said:
Mario4Ever said:

Actually, ignoring such important criticism from a completely unanimous source just by saying "it's my opinion!" in a pompous and holier-than-thou manner makes you look like an ass, despite what you may think. This isn't something you shrug off as an "opinion", because guess what? Your opinion is wrong.

You and a few others =/= unanimous. This is only an issue because you decide to make it so, not because it objectively is an issue. You can criticize my opinion all you like. I never claimed to be infallible. By the way, I didn't realize I was Gadhafi, since you seem obsessed with discussing nothing but me.

Mario4Ever said:
Dr. Javelin said:
ghostyTrickster said:
You know, it's one thing to fight against someone who is opressing you.

It's another think to kill him/her in a bloody rage.

The latter is just sick. Even if he was terrible, nobody deserves death. Kinda why I don't believe in the Death Penalty over here, but I digress.
Hitler deserved to die. Stalin deserved to die. Bin Laden deserved to die. People who have killed thousands of other people deserve death because it's the only surefire way to stop them from sontinuing their massacres. Gaddafi got what he deserved.

"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?"

That said, I support the death penalty if it is carried out efficiently (e.g. not in twenty years) and after there is no room for reasonable doubt. HOWEVER, I see no legitimate reason for Gadhafi's death (if I misspelled his name, *bleep* it, I can't find a consistent one). Same goes for Hitler, Stalin, and Bin Laden. Why? Because their worth was measured in relation to that of other human lives, and in my opinion, we are all equally insignificant. In other words, I don't see mass murder as a determinant of requiring death oneself. Generally, if the potential victims belong to causes or ideologies I support (e.g. scientists and video game designers) and/or are close to me (family, friends, acquaintances), their lives are worth defending. Otherwise, they mean nothing (that's true for most people; if two people, one being a stranger with whom you were ideologically opposed, let's say Gadhafi, and a close family member were at risk of death, and you could only save one, which would it be?). For the record, anything I do not condemn is not automatically considered justified, or vice-versa. I just tend not to take sides.
Wow, that's not a very Christ-like opinion, is it?

lonelyArchangel said:
Javelin, he mentioned earlier that he thought Christians were being persecuted by Islam.
Well, they are.

Muslims are persecuted by Christians as demonstrated by this thread, so I guess it evens out.

Marwikedor said:
How about you stop leaving a bad impression on Christianity by being so oblivious the the problems of others? Aren't we supposed to help those who are in need?

Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Dr. Javelin said:
ghostyTrickster said:
You know, it's one thing to fight against someone who is opressing you.

It's another think to kill him/her in a bloody rage.

The latter is just sick. Even if he was terrible, nobody deserves death. Kinda why I don't believe in the Death Penalty over here, but I digress.
Hitler deserved to die. Stalin deserved to die. Bin Laden deserved to die. People who have killed thousands of other people deserve death because it's the only surefire way to stop them from sontinuing their massacres. Gaddafi got what he deserved.

"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?"

That said, I support the death penalty if it is carried out efficiently (e.g. not in twenty years) and after there is no room for reasonable doubt. HOWEVER, I see no legitimate reason for Gadhafi's death (if I misspelled his name, *bleep* it, I can't find a consistent one). Same goes for Hitler, Stalin, and Bin Laden. Why? Because their worth was measured in relation to that of other human lives, and in my opinion, we are all equally insignificant. In other words, I don't see mass murder as a determinant of requiring death oneself. Generally, if the potential victims belong to causes or ideologies I support (e.g. scientists and video game designers) and/or are close to me (family, friends, acquaintances), their lives are worth defending. Otherwise, they mean nothing (that's true for most people; if two people, one being a stranger with whom you were ideologically opposed, let's say Gadhafi, and a close family member were at risk of death, and you could only save one, which would it be?). For the record, anything I do not condemn is not automatically considered justified, or vice-versa. I just tend not to take sides.

Not that it's relevant, but I never said I was Christ-like.

So...anybody got anything else to say about Gadhafi, or is it about time to lock this thing and file it away?

Look I'm confused why are some people mad at me when that patroller said that crazy thing? I hope people are not getting me confused. All I said was that World War II could have been prevented if we had just let the two forces of evil destroy each other. It could have been done if the Western powers had just played their cards better. Even Winston Churchill said the war was unessesary if only the cards had been played better. Sometimes real life if like a chess match.

It is not a bad thing to bring World War II into this Lybia thing if you tie it all in together as I did. Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it. Gaddafi was not a good guy, but he did not murder millions as people said where did they get these statistics out of their butts? There's only 6.6 million people in all of Lybia for him to kill millions would wipe out all of their population.

He ended his nucluer program by allowing international inspectors to come in and take it all away. All I'm saying is we don't know what crazy ideologies these rebels have and it may have been reckless to support them. If someone doesn't get what I'm saying don't make up what you think I mean. I don't know how I could make it any more layman clear.

Yeah but with the way you were talking about WWII it was like you were saying Russia a very important Ally was the true enemy of WWII. That's false. Back then it was the Nazis who were the big evil. Yes Russia signed a pact with Germany before the war even started but due to the sequence of events Britain could not just let Germany and Russia fight eachother alone becuase they were already in the war due to the Invasion of Poland and France was already under Nazi control. Had Britain pulled out, Germany would still have control of Eastern Europe and defeat Russia. Is the entire Cold War really worse if the Nazis had control of basically all of Europe?

Alright i think this should be locked, because for some reason you guys are talking about *bleeping* hitler and WWII and sh@t

SuperMario25 said:
Alright i think this should be locked, because for some reason you guys are talking about *bleeping* hitler and WWII and sh@t

I agree.

Mario4Ever said:
You and a few others =/= unanimous.
Unanimous to this conversation? Yes, actually, it is. You have literally no supporters. Does this decide that you're wrong? No, but it should be a very good indicator that perhaps you're wrong, something you apparently can't even comprehend.

This is only an issue because you decide to make it so, not because it objectively is an issue.

Right, questions of the morality of killing and the necessity are obviously not issues at all! I'm just a whiny jerk for bringing them up and challenging your opinion!

By the way, I didn't realize I was Gadhafi, since you seem obsessed with discussing nothing but me.

The oldest trick in the "I'm-losing-an-internet-argument-what-do" book. Deflect any criticism with "Guys, let's get back on topic!" That'll work.

Mario4Ever said:
SuperMario25 said:

I agree.

We get your opinion. Stop reiterating it every five seconds. There's no reason to lock a topic where a discussion is taking place just because it's possibly not the intent of the original thread creator. Conversations flow; they switch from topic to topic all the time. This is the natural path of a conversation.

SuperMario25 said:
But why are we getting offtopic we should be talking about gaddafi really :-\
We've got someone stating that the thousands of people killed by Gaddafi and the many families affected by it don't matter at all because they didn't affect him directly - which is, by the way, not being "logical" as he seems to think; that's just being completely insensitive. So I'm certain it's relevant to the subject of Gaddafi.

Rosencrantz said:
Mario4Ever said:
You and a few others =/= unanimous.
Unanimous to this conversation? Yes, actually, it is. You have literally no supporters. Does this decide that you're wrong? No, but it should be a very good indicator that perhaps you're wrong, something you apparently can't even comprehend.

This is only an issue because you decide to make it so, not because it objectively is an issue.

Right, questions of the morality of killing and the necessity are obviously not issues at all! I'm just a whiny jerk for bringing them up and challenging your opinion!

By the way, I didn't realize I was Gadhafi, since you seem obsessed with discussing nothing but me.

The oldest trick in the "I'm-losing-an-internet-argument-what-do" book. Deflect any criticism with "Guys, let's get back on topic!" That'll work.

Mario4Ever said:
SuperMario25 said:

I agree.

We get your opinion. Stop reiterating it every five seconds. There's no reason to lock a topic where a discussion is taking place just because it's possibly not the intent of the original thread creator. Conversations flow; they switch from topic to topic all the time. This is the natural path of a conversation.

All right, Guildenstern. We get it. You disagree with me. No one gives a fuck anymore other than you (by the way, if a lot of people believe something, that doesn't mean it's right (that doesn't mean it's wrong, but neither right nor wrong exist objectively). I don't have a problem with you challenging my opinion, except that's not what you're doing. All you've been doing is attacking me directly and calling that "challenging my opinion."

Back