Microsoft Slams Wii in Kinect Ad

DaisyGaga

Da f***, Rosalina?

Wow, I never thought I'd actually see a Wii Remote in a Kinect ad.

Though I have to admit, they do have a bit of a point concerning Wii dancing games. I rarely do the leg movements unless I'm in an exercising mood (plus I sometimes actually score higher when I don't do them). But did they forget that Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime called DC "By far, the best Kinect game"?

Unfortunately the people behind Dance Central completely miss the point of rhythm/dance games which is to let people pretend they can dance. People who can dance don't play those games they go out and dance, people who can't stay at home and pretend with DDR.

^I'd have to agree with that point. All of these people in this advertisement (except perhaps the first) all seem to know how to dance very well. If extreme dancing was needed to play this game, might as well just go and learn to dance instead of just playing this game. People are meant to have fun with a dancing videogame, not to actually learn or perform dancing on and from it. :P

On a side note, Microsoft really did try to attack the Wii with the whole slow-motion dancing they previewed with the man and the wii remote. Perhaps, it is true, but they missed the point of adding a smile to the guy's face while playing it. Microsoft's new controllers on the otherhand look exhausted instead of having fun...

I never take Microsoft seriously, since they can't be relied upon to make their own games or to make anything worthwhile that isn't a FPS. I suppose this is better than Sony essentially stealing the Wii Remote model to make the Move and trashing the 3DS while the Vida, for all intents and purposes, does not exist (surprised they have time to do such things after being hacked so many times).

They're right, though. Does anyone, Wii players or not, even like the dancing games on Wii anyway?

Captain Viridian said:
They're right, though. Does anyone, Wii players or not, even like the dancing games on Wii anyway?
Does anyone like Kinect or dance games at all?
Well, probably. Not me.

'3K said:
microsoft does what nintendon't

Which would be a terrible ad on Microsoft's part. They'd have better luck buying the rights to and re-releasing the Jag (DO THE MATH). ;)

Is there any point to this topic aside from uninformed fanatical wank?

Microsoft want to destroy nintendo by steeling their ideas and making it better.

New Super Yoshi said:
Microsoft want to destroy nintendo by steeling their ideas and making it better.
Nintendo fans want to destroy all other game companies by saying that no one else has any real ideas.

Applejack said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Nintendo fans want to destroy all other game companies by saying that no one else has any real ideas.

At least Sony makes more of an effort than Microsoft does, perhaps because the former's been in the industry for a longer period of time.

Mario4Ever said:
Applejack said:
New Super Yoshi said:

At least Sony makes more of an effort than Microsoft does, perhaps because the former's been in the industry for a longer period of time.
What has Sony done? At least the Kinect is different than the Wii. Not that's it's very good.

Nabber Simpson said:
Mario4Ever said:
Applejack said:
New Super Yoshi said:

What has Sony done? At least the Kinect is different than the Wii. Not that's it's very good.

When I say Sony makes more of an effort, I mean that 95% of their games can't be lumped into a single genre, and I have to give the company credit for the God of War franchise (Dante's Inferno, while it has similar gameplay, is also one of my favorites, even if it strays from the plot of the epic). Unfortunately, Sony seems to be unable to make its own hardware (*coughtheMovecough*), and on the occasions it does, it's often loaded with unnecessary s*** (see the Vita). Regardless, I almost pity the two, since the Wii U will render their present competition tactics moot.

If the Wii U catches on. I'm not saying it's a bad system, I'm saying there are too many ******* who don't know a good system when they see one.

Back