Microsoft Slams Wii in Kinect Ad

Nabber Simpson said:
If the Wii U catches on. I'm not saying it's a bad system, I'm saying there are too many ******* who don't know a good system when they see one.

It almost certainly will...the only flop I can recall is the Virtual Boy, and that really had less to do with its gameplay mechanics and more to do with poor marketing and overpricing, and the 3DS should be getting more popular soon (says the guy who got it at launch).

"You know we're allowed to swear, right?"

I've used crap and damn at times, but I don't think that more "offensive" words are permitted in their entirety.

And we do have an autocensor for the sensitive types.

Personally, I think Nintendo is plagiarizing Sony and Microsoft by giving the Wii U HD graphics! I am simply appalled by the fact Nintendo would plagiarize both companies like this! Very un-innovative!! And to make matters worse, they're also giving their controllers MORE buttons! They're not even being subtle anymore!

I'm beginning to fear Nintendo... I believe this is only the beginning of their master plan to control the world...

C'mon, seriously now.

apocalypseArisen said:
Personally, I think Nintendo is plagiarizing Sony and Microsoft by giving the Wii U HD graphics! I am simply appalled by the fact Nintendo would plagiarize both companies like this! Very un-innovative!! And to make matters worse, they're also giving their controllers MORE buttons! They're not even being subtle anymore!

I'm beginning to fear Nintendo... I believe this is only the beginning of their master plan to control the world...

C'mon, seriously now.

Please...they've had the world since 1889. ;)

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/9a/Soldier_jeers02.wav

No really, what is wrong with you people? You always feel the need to justify your arbitrary choice of console and belittle every other option at any chance you get, all for what? To level up your e-peen and feel better than everyone who didn't buy the console you did? And I should also mention that sales =/= quality; some of the greatest and most critically acclaimed games in history have been complete commercial failures. So shut up about how Nintendo has sold more tiny white boxes than Sony's sold giant black ones, because no one gives a shit.

How about we all just shut the goddamned hell up about the console wars and acknowledge that each console has its fair share of strong and weak points and they each serve their own purpose in the grand scheme of things? Because all of you are looking like pretentious, elitist, fanatical douchecanoes here.

apocalypseArisen said:

C'mon, seriously now.
Have I ever told you how amazing you are?

Utsuchao Reiuji said:
apocalypseArisen said:

C'mon, seriously now.
Have I ever told you how amazing you are?

:eek:)

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/9a/Soldier_jeers02.wav

No really, what is wrong with you people? You always feel the need to justify your arbitrary choice of console and belittle every other option at any chance you get, all for what? To level up your e-peen and feel better than everyone who didn't buy the console you did? And I should also mention that sales =/= quality; some of the greatest and most critically acclaimed games in history have been complete commercial failures. So shut up about how Nintendo has sold more tiny white boxes than Sony's sold giant black ones, because no one gives a *bleep*.

How about we all just shut the goddamned hell up about the console wars and acknowledge that each console has its fair share of strong and weak points and they each serve their own purpose in the grand scheme of things? Because all of you are looking like pretentious, elitist, fanatical douchecanoes here.

The reason we can't do that is because there will never come a time when the majority of the world's gamer population considers that assessment to be valid, and that's definitely never going to happen on an Internet forum whose members understandably favor Nintendo over its competition (considering where the fuck we are).

You make a good point, everyone does know that pretty much everybody here favors Nintendo. Which is why I don't understand why we need to keep making topics saying "Hey guys I'm still a Nintendo fan".

Mario4Ever said:
The reason we can't do that is because there will never come a time when the majority of the world's gamer population considers that assessment to be valid, and that's definitely never going to happen on an Internet forum whose members understandably favor Nintendo over its competition (considering where the fuck we are).
I don't care if they favour Nintendo or not. I'm just so sick of seeing the userbase here constantly make uninformed, biased criticisms and slams against Sony and Microsoft, while ignoring any and all faults and mistakes on Nintendo's part. I can honestly see no reason other than pointless, egotistical fanboyism for people here to be shouting to the heavens how much they lurve Nintendo and how evil the competition is at every chance they get; it's like you people think you're courageous knights fighting for your radiant king (when your radiant king only cares about your money). Belittling the competition isn't going to make it go away, you know. I would say the very same thing on a forum filled with Sony or Microsoft fanboys.

It's particularly perplexing to me since, as Shyguy said, we all know that most of the userbase here prefers Nintendo. Why do we have to be reminded of that fact all the bloody time? At the very least, it's annoyingly redundant.

Mario4Ever said:
The reason we can't do that is because there will never come a time when the majority of the world's gamer population considers that assessment to be valid, and that's definitely never going to happen on an Internet forum whose members understandably favor Nintendo over its competition (considering where the *bleep* we are).
I don't care if they favour Nintendo or not. I'm just so sick of seeing the userbase here constantly make uninformed, biased criticisms and slams against Sony and Microsoft, while ignoring any and all faults and mistakes on Nintendo's part. I can honestly see no reason other than pointless, egotistical fanboyism for people here to be shouting to the heavens how much they lurve Nintendo and how evil the competition is at every chance they get; it's like you people think you're courageous knights fighting for your radiant king (when your radiant king only cares about your money). Belittling the competition isn't going to make it go away, you know. I would say the very same thing on a forum filled with Sony or Microsoft fanboys.

It's particularly perplexing to me since, as Shyguy said, we all know that most of the userbase here prefers Nintendo. Why do we have to be reminded of that fact all the bloody time? At the very least, it's annoyingly redundant.

"You people"? Why do I get lumped into this shit? Certainly, my criticisms are biased, but having played games from all three companies, they're not uninformed, but I digress. To answer your question, I think it has to do with insecurity. As is seen in certain cases involving religion, the more people believe in something, the more secure each believer feels about holding that belief, but the insecure person has to know that that support exists, hence the creation of threads like these.

OK, forgive me accusatory tone, but I included you because you kept crying "rip off!" just like everyone else here (the design of PlayStation Move's controllers may be unoriginal, yes, but you do realize that Sony did motion sensing controls before Nintendo did, right? Or am I missing your point, because if so, I apologize) and claiming that Sony and Microsoft's perfectly acceptable competition tactics and efforts are all in vain in the face of Nintendo's "glorious" towering presence; seriously, mate, they're not dying anytime soon.

Your answer to me question was fine, tho, so I've nothing more to say on that (you could prob'ly have done without the religion comparison, tho...)

itt: attack sony or microsoft, then attack nintendo fanboys, all the while not actually comparing the consoles

I personally don't have an Xbox or a PS3 but they both have things the Wii doesn't (and yes, I've played both of them). The XBox has much better online gameplay through XBox Live, the PS3 has amazing graphics, and the Wii has motion control and generally better family friendly games. Each one has points that appeal to certain gamers. Me, I don't care about graphics so the PS3 seems like a waste of money. But I'm sure that those who have the money and do care about graphics enjoy it. The XBox far surpasses the Wii in terms of online multiplayer gameplay, and I would be happy with an XBox.

It just depends on your interests, people. No need to attack anyone.

Dr. Javelin said:
I personally don't have an Xbox or a PS3 but they both have things the Wii doesn't (and yes, I've played both of them). The XBox has much better online gameplay through XBox Live, the PS3 has amazing graphics, and the Wii has motion control and generally better family friendly games. Each one has points that appeal to certain gamers. Me, I don't care about graphics so the PS3 seems like a waste of money. But I'm sure that those who have the money and do care about graphics enjoy it. The XBox far surpasses the Wii in terms of online multiplayer gameplay, and I would be happy with an XBox.

It just depends on your interests, people. No need to attack anyone.

I agree, the consoles all have pros and cons. I have a Wii and a PS3, the Wii for some of the family friendly games, the PS3 for some other games that aren't available on the Wii. They all have their good games and they all have their bad games.

OK, forgive me accusatory tone, but I included you because you kept crying "rip off!" just like everyone else here (the design of PlayStation Move's controllers may be unoriginal, yes, but you do realize that Sony did motion sensing controls before Nintendo did, right? Or am I missing your point, because if so, I apologize) and claiming that Sony and Microsoft's perfectly acceptable competition tactics and efforts are all in vain in the face of Nintendo's "glorious" towering presence; seriously, mate, they're not dying anytime soon.

Your answer to me question was fine, tho, so I've nothing more to say on that (you could prob'ly have done without the religion comparison, tho...)

I'm familiar with the EyeToy, but that's closer to the Kinect (btw, this and this were first, even if they sucked and Nintendo had no part in the design of either, but that's irrelevant now). I don't have a problem with there being competition (without competition, there'd be no industry). My problem is when that competition involves the blatant copying of existing hardware and touting it as brand new shit. Certainly, companies (including Nintendo) are going to be inspired by their competition, and Nintendo's gone through its share of accusations (Wii Remote suit), but come on. This is 2011. It's possible to be successful without doing the video game equivalent of stealing each other's OS, and that goes for all three companies. Concerning the religion comparison, it's not my fault the analogy works, since that does happen in certain cases (obviously, not all religious people are so because of a sense of insecurity). All I meant by it was to express my contempt for people ruled by the opinion of the majority (and I believe there's more than a few here on the "everybody else is doing it" bandwagon), since it's a proven fact that people are more likely to do things in a group setting that they would not do alone.

Nintendo should do something like the kinect

apocalypseArisen said:

C'mon, seriously now.
I'm a firm believer that every system Nintendo has ever made was actually perfected in 1985 and that they've already mastered Virtual Reality and that all of the other systems are just part of there plan (including the failure of the Virtual Boy)

Back