Paper Mario: How Many Partners?

Would it be a good idea if a Paper Mario Game had over 50 partners?

• Yes, so that you'd have much options

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, BUT, some of them would have to be optional.

• Kinda. But i wouldn't use all of them.

• No. You wouldn't use even 15 of them.

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • I don't care

• Total voters

ThePremiumYoshi

TPY -- Massive Zebra Fan
Do you think it would be a bad idea if a Paper Mario Game had over 50 partners? :yoshi:

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Do you think it would be a bad idea if a Paper Mario Game had over 50 partners? :yoshi:
It's only a good if all of the partners are Raven that have monocles, Top Hats, and spikes on their feet oh and they have to spit a combination of electricity, fire, and Atari 5200's

...50? No way. That's a terrible idea.

Chandelure said:
...50? No way. That's a terrible idea.
unless their all Ravens that have monocles, Top Hats, and spikes on their feet oh and they have to spit a combination of electricity, fire, and Atari 5200's

50 partners?! I feel like that 10 is already a stretch! Personally, I would rather that they make about 8 or less partners. Why? Because, then only the partners would have detailed personalities and traits. If there were 50, the characters would be a lot more generic in terms of personality and traits in my opinion.

Chrono Cross had 45 playable characters, an ambitious decision that just didn't bloody work.

So yes, I think having 50 playable partners in a Paper Mario game is a terrible idea.

can you explain your method, assume we are in Paper Mario 64?

basically few partners mean that Mario has to handle their health and abilities
give them food to gain HP, and utilize their limited power
do you exact mean that you can make a team with hundred people and battle together? that's impossible

I think what you mean may be ball games like Inazuma11
you can find many players but in one game you can only take 11 teammates to the field
so in the trip you may find 20 characters playable, you can only make 7 of them to go with you

also in the gameplay, it's hard to make many characters playable owing to the cost of development
you have to make a short story for each character
if there are only several main partners, fans can remember them better

The more partners it'll have the less time they'll have to work on each partner, which will just result in 50 bland unlikable partners.

No.

What's the point of an RPG if you have fifty different units to use? It becomes more of a strategy game, trying to pick a certain unit that will be more effective...

That's also one of the reasons I didn't like Super Paper Mario, I mean we had all these partners but they were all bland, were introduced in boring ways, and didn't do much of anything. I can't even recall all their names even though I've played it more recently than TTYD and yet I can remember all of the TTYD partner names.

Also I doubt you could keep calling them partners, it's more like "soldiers" if you have that many.

Unless the game itself is more than 100 hours long, and you aren't actually able to use more than 10 at any given time, then yes. It is a bad idea.

50? 20 is already a huge stretch. I would rather have 5 well developed partners than 50+ bland characters.

I think they should be no more than 10.

Back