The Avengers

I want the X-Men to appear next!

I read this interesting article about possible candidates to make the movie Avengers more diverse:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/9640-Earths-Whitey-est-Heroes

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing White Tiger, Shang-Chi, and Black Panther in the movies, but really, why HASN'T there been a Luke Cage movie yet? Not to mention, in retrospect...
Why WASN'T War Machine in this movie?

Stan Lee has talked about a Heroes for Hire movie being developed, starring Luke Cage and Iron Fist, G-Smash.

Also, I like War Machine, but one Iron Man is enough. It would be a little too cliche for my tastes.

It could have done sans all the CGI. The Dark Knight was a great movie with NO computer animation.

Well, that's kind of because The Dark Knight doesn't have a green behemoth that can carry objects over 100 tons, a suit of armor that can shoot repulser rays and fly, a god who can fly and wield thunder, an army of aliens from a black hole purring from New York, a giant flying base holding thousands f soldiers and weapons that is held afloat by four massive rotors, advanced space-shipsand weapons of mass destruction beyond our comprehension, the city's destruction, and outer space planets. Explain to me, how could ONE of these things be done without CGI?

Comparing The Avengers to Batman is like comparing an apple to an orange. They're both fruits (In this case, they're super-heroes), but they clearly have vastly different genres, characters, stories, etc. The Avengers is your traditional team-up with super-powers and highly advanced technology and races with the threat on a global scale while The Dark Knight takes a realistic approach with people who don't have powers and are trying to handle an urban threat.

They're both great movies, but you're clearly just abusing the fact that they both feature super-heroes as an excuse that they should have gone in the same direction of development.

It's a difference in director style, anyway; Christopher Nolan just has a general distaste for CGI. Inception, for instance, employed comparatively little computer-generated imagery despite the visual extravagance of the film.

the only thing that frustrated me with The Avengers' visuals was that I was forced to watch it in 3D, and I had a gnawing headache as it was

I don't like today's 3D movies. I watched Thor in 3D and half of the movie my brain was trying to make up what was I looking at.

Is it on DVD yet? I'm going to ask for it (as well as the Hulk and Captain American movies) for my birthday and Christmas!

Yeah it looks like I'll just have to get it on DVD.

But that brings up two good things: no 3D and the ability to rewatch it.

Or if I can rent it from one of those Redbox things.

Bruce Banner: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.
Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!
Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He's adopted.

"And that guy over there is playing Galacta"
*everyone leaves the room, because the place is being attacked*
*guy switches on Galacta again*

*Galaga

Also , this movie made want to try shawarma. Haven't found anywhere around here that sells it though.

Back