The Avengers

Just saw it.

My mind is now in tattered pieces lying in the movie theater.

Saw it with my dad a couple of hours ago. That has to be the best super-hero, no, best movie I've seen in general in a LONG time. After so many years, they've FINALLY done the Hulk pure justice in a live-action movie. I had some doubts about Mark Ruffalo, but now he is undoubtably my favorite movie incarnation of the Hulk. And Iron Man was just perfect. There was even the perfect balance of seriousness and humor, which is something that is VERY rare in comic book movies with perfect quality of both genres to add! Not to mention the character interaction scenes were just plain wonderful! The years I spent waiting for this was worth it entirely!

Some of my favorite scenes:

So, I went to go see it with my brothers.

again.

Didn't notice anything new, although the life-model decoy was a nice reference.

Master Collision said:
So, I went to go see it with my brothers.

again.

Didn't notice anything new, although the life-model decoy was a nice reference.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who even noticed that.

Okay, so you all KNOW that the Marvel series of movies is going to continue after this, right?

Especially after they teased Thanos during the credits

Iron Man 3 is going to be next year, and supposedly, so is Thor 2. Captain America 2's slated for release in 2014, and it's then we get another Marvel superhero getting his movie debut:

ANT-MAN!

That's right, one of the original members of the Avengers in the comics, and also the hero with the power to change size... More specifically, the size of an ant (though he can also grow to a giant's size)...

Um... Yeah, I know Marvel has plenty of fantastical superheroes out there, and while I'm sure plenty of them would make good movies, I'm not entirely sure how they can make this one work... I did a little bit of research (that is to say, I looked it up on Wikipedia and TV Tropes), and it seems Ant-Man is a title shared by at least three different people, though I'm pretty sure they're going to go with the original, Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym. In his first story, his wife is killed and he's accidentally shrunk down to size, befriends an ant, helps it defeat a rival tribe of ants, then he manages to get back to his lab and grow back to normal size. He also gets a sidekick, Janet van Dyne, who becomes "the Wasp", another original Avenger who looks like his dead wife.

I have to say, if they're really going to make a movie on this guy, it's definitely going to be the most out-there, ridiculous superhero movie they've ever pulled.

You know, I've never heard a group of people in a theater laugh so loud. Then again, I've never seen so many people in one theater. Even when I saw Deathly Hallows part 2 and The Hunger Games

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, so you all KNOW that the Marvel series of movies is going to continue after this, right?

Iron Man 3 is going to be next year, and supposedly, so is Thor 2. Captain America 2's slated for release in 2014, and it's then we get another Marvel superhero getting his movie debut:

ANT-MAN!

That's right, one of the original members of the Avengers in the comics, and also the hero with the power to change size... More specifically, the size of an ant (though he can also grow to a giant's size)...

Um... Yeah, I know Marvel has plenty of fantastical superheroes out there, and while I'm sure plenty of them would make good movies, I'm not entirely sure how they can make this one work... I did a little bit of research (that is to say, I looked it up on Wikipedia and TV Tropes), and it seems Ant-Man is a title shared by at least three different people, though I'm pretty sure they're going to go with the original, Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym. In his first story, his wife is killed and he's accidentally shrunk down to size, befriends an ant, helps it defeat a rival tribe of ants, then he manages to get back to his lab and grow back to normal size. He also gets a sidekick, Janet van Dyne, who becomes "the Wasp", another original Avenger who looks like his dead wife.

I have to say, if they're really going to make a movie on this guy, it's definitely going to be the most out-there, ridiculous superhero movie they've ever pulled.
Which is exactly why I'm so excited for it. Also, if we get Ant-Man and Wasp, then we get this guy possibly as a villain for Avengers 2 or 3:

Ultron_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol_4_12.1.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, this handsome fellow is Ultron. He is one of the most DEADLIEST villains the Avengers have ever faced. And guess what? He was invented by one of them. Dr. Henry Pym, a.k.a. Ant-Man. I recommend you read this wiki entry on him if you're a Marvel fan. If you don't know about him, he'll be a PERFECT Avengers villain, I can guarantee you that.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Ultron_(Earth-616)
And if we can get Ultron, then we can get one if the Avengers most beloved members:
Vision_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol_1_24.1_Digital_Cover.JPG

This gentlemen's name is the Vision and he is one of my FAVORITE members of the Avengers. He was actually built by Ultron, but slowly learned thatUltron's ways were corrupt and fought against him. He has the ability to change his density. He can be light enough to faze through walls like a ghost and dodge anything, or hard enough deflect bullets and even explosives. He can also fly and even shoot lasers! How is that not awesome! Here's a link to more info on him:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision!

Also, were getting two more movies that can actually connect to the person shown in the end credits because they can't cover their story in only one movie. TRUST ME. They are the Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy. I also recommend checking them out.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(Earth-616)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Inhumans_(Race)_(Earth-616)
The guy's name is Thanos. He's an Avengers villain an literally one of the biggest, and if not, THE biggest enemies to the whole universe. Just watch this video to understand just how much of a living death threat this guy is in three minutes:

Yeah, I'm a really big Marvel geek. I hope some of this info helps out anybody!

I really want to see this movie...After Seeing some past super hero movies like the new Captain America one, I'm interested in seeing this film, which is supposedly good.

Professor Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:

ANT-MAN!

Which is exactly why I'm so excited for it. Also, if we get Ant-Man and Wasp, then we get this guy possibly as a villain for Avengers 2:

Ultron_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol_4_12.1.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, this handsome fellow is Ultron. He is one of the most DEADLIEST villains the Avengers have ever faced. And guess what? He was invented by one of them. Dr. Henry Pym, a.k.a. Ant-Man. I recommend you read this wiki entry on him if you're a Marvel fan. If you don't know about him, he'll be a PERFECT Avengers villain, I can guarantee you that.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Ultron_(Earth-616)
And if we can get Ultron, then we can get one if the Avengers most beloved members:
Vision_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol_1_24.1_Digital_Cover.JPG

This gentlemen's name is the Vision and he is one of my FAVORITE members of the Avengers. He was actually built by Ultron, but slowly learned thatUltron's ways were corrupt and fought against him. He has the ability to change his density. He can be light enough to faze through walls like a ghost and dodge anything, or hard enough deflect bullets and even explosives. He can also fly and even shoot lasers! How is that not awesome! Here's a link to more info on him:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision!

Also, were getting two more movies that can actually connect to the person shown in the end credits because they can't cover their story in only one movie. TRUST ME. They are the Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy. I also recommend checking them out.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(Earth-616)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Inhumans_(Race)_(Earth-616)
The guy's name is Thanos. He's an Avengers villain an literally one of the biggest, and if not, THE biggest enemies to the whole universe. Just watch this video to understand just how much of a living death threat this guy is in three minutes:

Yeah, I'm a really big Marvel geek. I hope some of this info helps out anybody!
It did, I love having this stuff explained to me.

I would love a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, especially if they could pull off Rocket Raccoon correctly. Or maybe Cosmo, I love that dog.

I was just saying the other day how Ultron would make a cool villain, but might be hard to do without Hank Pym involved.

Master Collision said:
I would love a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, especially if they could pull off Rocket Raccoon correctly. Or maybe Cosmo, I love that dog.

I was just saying the other day how Ultron would make a cool villain, but might be hard to do without Hank Pym involved.
So it's a good thing they're making an Ant-Man movie! From what I hear, Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) is directing, as well a co-writing it with Joe Cornish, and it's going to feature both Hank Pym and Scott Lang.

It feels kind of pointless thinking about something so far off, but really, the idea of an Ant-man movie just intrigues me, because he just seems like such a strange property to adapt to film, even by Marvel standards!

^Thanks man, it means a lot. Although I'd like to mention one more thing. If the guy I mentioned is involved, there is just an off chance that the Skrulls and Kree could get involved. They're one of the most notorious alien races of the Marvel universe that have been prominently featured. They first appeared when the two races waged war on each other. The latter has a history of experimenting on humans like classic aliens and have actually made the previously mentioned Inhumans. Wow, now I realize that they're actually going to be in the Inhumans film, cool!

The former mentioned race are better known as copy-cats. They can disguise themselves as anybody and even copy their powers. The most notable member of their race is the Super-Skrull who is actually a well-known Fantastic Four villain and has all four member's powers. There was even a big event in which for years, they had been slowly replacing super-heroes in order to gain Earthly intelligence and conquer the planet with each one copying their respective heroes powers, thus making an army of Super Skrulls. While I doubt we'll ever see that arc come to realization due to many Marvel characters involved for one film, they have potential nonetheless.

Secret_Invasion_3.jpg

The thing about the Skrulls is that Marvel can't use them, at least not now or for the time being. Hell, they were GOING to be in The Avengers movie, but they couldn't obtain the rights for using them in the movie.

Why?

Well, like you said, Prof. Mario, they're primarily a Fantastic Four villainous group, and at the moment, Fox owns the movie-making rights to Fantastic Four. It's the same way in which we probably won't be seeing the X-Men or Spider-Man in any of the shard-universe Marvel movies, movie-making copyright BS.

Smashgoom202 said:
The thing about the Skrulls is that Marvel can't use them, at least not now or for the time being. Hell, they were GOING to be in The Avengers movie, but they couldn't obtain the rights for using them in the movie.

Why?

Well, like you said, Prof. Mario, they're primarily a Fantastic Four villainous group, and at the moment, Fox owns the movie-making rights to Fantastic Four. It's the same way in which we probably won't be seeing the X-Men or Spider-Man in any of the shard-universe Marvel movies, movie-making copyright BS.
Well damn, that's kind of sad. Although, I kind of think that with a little effort Marvel may be able to use a shared license between the two companies. This is possible because Marvel recently confirmed that they can actually feature Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from X-Men in the Avengers movie franchise due to them being major Avengers characters as they somehow share the rights with them, which is something exclusive for these characters. Skrulls may not have that kind of advantage, but it brings up the question of what characters can or can't be prohibited to this.

RandomGuy said:
Isn't Disney making a Spider Man movie :???:
Nope, Sony's still got the rights over Spider-Man, which is why they gave Sam Raimi the boot and decided to reboot the entire series.

Sorry for the double post, but for everyone who's wondering if Spider-Man or Wolverine will be in the next Avengers movie, check this out:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5685-Wrongs-Rights

Seriously, it explains it better then I ever could.

Smashgoom202 said:
Sorry for the double post, but for everyone who's wondering if Spider-Man or Wolverine will be in the next Avengers movie, check this out:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5685-Wrongs-Rights

Seriously, it explains it better then I ever could.
Well, he did miss out that the Blade and Punisher movie rights have reverted back to Marvel like the Hulk, but he got everything else right. I also loled at the DC part. it was both hilarious and so true.

Back