Mario Shooter

And Mini Mushrooms

If a Mario Shooter is ever considered, at least limit the weapons to shells, eggs, and other non-lethal items. Bob-ombs may be explosives, but they're much less lethal than real world bombs.

As interesting an idea as this is, I just can't picture Mario in any kind of shooter. Nintendo would have to make it so that it would be extremely different from other shooters on the market.

Leonyx said:
As interesting an idea as this is, I just can't picture Mario in any kind of shooter. Nintendo would have to make it so that it would be extremely different from other shooters on the market.
I actually had a friend at school draw a picture of Mario in a exosuit with a giant gun. He titled it: SUPER MARIO: RELOADED!

It was awesome.

Dr. Javelin said:
Leonyx said:
I actually had a friend at school draw a picture of Mario in a exosuit with a giant gun. He titled it: SUPER MARIO: RELOADED!

It was awesome.

Yeah, see that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. That kind of game would ruin the look of Mario (sort of like how Shadow did to Sonic).

I would like a shooter similar to the Super Duel Mode of Mario Party 5, where Bullet Bills, Bob-ombs, and Piranha Plants are used as weapons and not the types you see on T or M rated games

They already made a Mario Shooter. It's called Yoshi's Safari.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Safari

Uses the Super Scope. You shoot Goombas, Koopa Troopas and other creatures. You also fight the Koopalings in mechs.

Ironfoot said:
They already made a Mario Shooter. It's called Yoshi's Safari.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi%27s_Safari

Uses the Super Scope. You shoot Goombas, Koopa Troopas and other creatures. You also fight the Koopalings in mechs.
We Know that, we're talking about a new one

I'll only buy a Mario shooter if it follow this brilliant idea:

Yes, this will seem like Complaining About Games I Don't Play, dismissed as trolling, and promptly deleted, but I just want to vent.
Okay, first up: Mario.

First point: The Mushroom Kingdom is a Sugar Bowl compared to anything resembling the real world. I know, games shouldn't try to look real, right? Wrong. I want to be able to feel like this place might just exist, and in making the Mushroom Kingdom such a Sickeningly Sweet place, Nintendo has alienated me from the series.

Second, the characters. There's barely any characterization at all. Bowser's the villain, Peach is the princess that needs rescued, and the Mario brothers are the dudes who do the rescuing. Beyond that, there's nothing at all to tell you why you should do anything.

So what do I propose? Replace the Mario brothers. The next time Bowser kidnaps Peach, the brothers will gladly go in to rescue her, but this time King Koopa ain't messin' around. He kills the two guys when they enter his throne room. However, needing heroes, a new portal to the kingdom opens. This time, two mafia hitmen emerge, Mario and Luigi Corleone(yeah, I know, I just pulled that name straight from The Godfather, but it's all I could think of for American-Italians mafiosi. Sorry.). Their cover is that their family business is plumbing, but these two guys are here to kill people. They've got Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles and Colt M1911s. They hear of the kidnapped princess and decide to take on the job just for the cash. They kill their way through the Koopa hordes. Bowser is killed when a .30-06 round goes through his left eye. Peach is rescued, but neither of them get any romantic vibe. For these two, it's "Strictly business."

Baby Luigi said:
I would like a shooter similar to the Super Duel Mode of Mario Party 5, where Bullet Bills, Bob-ombs, and Piranha Plants are used as weapons and not the types you see on T or M rated games

That could work. Using vehicles would make it possible to make the game less "violent".

If there is a Mario shooter, the logical thing to do is have E. Gadd invent a revolver or glock or something that fires Bullet Bills!!! That way its still kid friendly. But I am not against M rated Mario titles. Or at least an M rated Wario spin-off a la Conkey. That would be freakin' sweeeet

Marwikedor said:
If there is a Mario shooter, the logical thing to do is have E. Gadd invent a revolver or glock or something that fires Bullet Bills!!! That way its still kid friendly. But I am not against M rated Mario titles. Or at least an M rated Wario spin-off a la Conkey. That would be freakin' sweeeet
their is one and it's a good game

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
How did you reply to that so fast I barely pressed post and you had a responce!!! And what game now?

Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
How did you reply to that so fast I barely pressed post and you had a responce!!! And what game now?
Yoshi's Safari

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Yoshi's Safari
Of course I have Yoshi's Safari I thought you meant there was already a game that had handguns fireing Bullet Bills. I think I would know about it already.

Various ideas for guns:

Bullet Bill Gun (standard)
Fireball Gun (setting stuff on fire, duh)
F.L.U.D.D. Nozzle (putting fires out, duh)
Bob-Omb Grenades (duh)

Vlad Plasmius said:
SuperMario25 said:
That would be good

perhaps instead of bullets, maybe something less harmful?
NSM mentioned fireballs. Pursue him
Nice Homestuck reference. owo
For bullets use BULLET Bills. :D
Not the greatest idea but they can also be different types of ammo like Fireballs, Koopa Shells, Ice Balls, Mushrooms, lasers, etc.

@Mariowikdor
There was on M Mario rated game, its name is Super Mario Galaxy.
X3

1337 said:
@Mariowikdor
There was on M Mario rated game, its name is Super Mario Galaxy.
X3

That was an accident that GameStop made though, so it really doesn't count.

New Super Mario said:
I thought of this when I was seriously bored. It would be stupid but whatever.

It's a Mario shooter game and you can use like fire flowers and stuff and shoot Koopas in the castle and all that junk

So discuss here, if something as outrageous as a Mario Shooter game would happen, and if you would want it, what you would want to see
Dude, Mario is not designed for shooting games.

New Super Yoshi said:
New Super Mario said:
I thought of this when I was seriously bored. It would be stupid but whatever.

It's a Mario shooter game and you can use like fire flowers and stuff and shoot Koopas in the castle and all that junk

So discuss here, if something as outrageous as a Mario Shooter game would happen, and if you would want it, what you would want to see
Dude, Mario is not designed for shooting games.
He wasn't designed for football either, but he was able to pull that off.

I think that it would be a great idea for Mario to expand his horizons to this; just keep it kid-friendly.

Back