December 21, 2012

I doubt it will happen

>>Mario4Ever
Right, just like we're using the 365/366 day cycle, so don't worry.

SuperMario25 said:
I doubt it will happen

It's about as likely as Miyamoto turning into a blonde guitarist for a metal band.

Giratina said:
apocalypseArisen said:
Mario4Ever said:
SuperMario25 said:
I doubt it will happen

It's about as likely as Miyamoto turning into a blond guitarist for a metal band.

So like a.... 70% chance?
a coincidence your name is apocaplyseArisen.

Just had to say it.
Just imagine the irony if Sollux posted in this thread and both Miyamoto became a guitarist and the world ended on December 21, 2012.

Supremo said:
2012 is stupid. People predicted the world would end in 2008, did it? No. In 2004? No. In 1996? No.
My father said that the world "ended" about seven times during his life. I'm sure it's more, though...

Vlad Plasmius said:
According to a friend of my mom's (Who is from around where the Mayans lived), 2012 is simply an end to a mayan cycle. Similar to how our calender ends on December 31st. And since 2012 was a century away, they didn't really see the point of continuing. The conquistadors helped with that logic too.
You sir, are smart. Except for the century part, the Mayans were started around one or two millennia ago >_<
I read something that 2012 isn't really the end of the Mayan calendar, it's the end of the cycle, and when the cycle ends the world ends or something like that.

Mariomario64 said:
Supremo said:
2012 is stupid. People predicted the world would end in 2008, did it? No. In 2004? No. In 1996? No.
My father said that the world "ended" about seven times during his life. I'm sure it's more, though...

Vlad Plasmius said:
According to a friend of my mom's (Who is from around where the Mayans lived), 2012 is simply an end to a mayan cycle. Similar to how our calender ends on December 31st. And since 2012 was a century away, they didn't really see the point of continuing. The conquistadors helped with that logic too.
You sir, are smart. Except for the century part, the Mayans were started around one or two millennia ago >_<
I read something that 2012 isn't really the end of the Mayan calendar, it's the end of the cycle, and when the cycle ends the world ends or something like that.

Wrong. The cycle ends, and a new one begins. That's it.

The 2012 thing is just pure superstition. If the Mayans can "predict" the end of the world, how come they can't predict the end of their civilization? I don't believe in this, BTW. I bet on December 21, 2012, the sun will still rise and life will still go on

Why not December 12, 2012?

Or why not December 27, 2013?

Because the New Age morons can't get it into their heads that the end of the current 144,000 day cycle on the Long Count calendar isn't any different than, say, the end of a century.

This is all simple superstition (as everyone else had stated). Perhaps, the Mayans stopped working on the calender for other reasons - I mean not everything can be continued forever. So far, the fact that the Mayan calendar ends on the next year is the only proof we have that the world will end. Otherwise, there is nothing else out there existing to prove that the world will end on that specific day on that year. I believe that not even Nostradamus predicted anything about 2012 from what I've read.

And yes, I remember the May 21, 2011 "End of the World" day by Harold Camping. He said that the world was going to end on that day according to proof from the Bible, but it ends up that this day ended up being the most sunniest day of the month instead. Nothing but fear and superstition from the general public that made this whole issue so big.

Propeller Toad said:
This is all simple superstition (as everyone else had stated). Perhaps, the Mayans stopped working on the calender for other reasons - I mean not everything can be continued forever. So far, the fact that the Mayan calendar ends on the next year is the only proof we have that the world will end. Otherwise, there is nothing else out there existing to prove that the world will end on that specific day on that year. I believe that not even Nostradamus predicted anything about 2012 from what I've read.

And yes, I remember the May 21, 2011 "End of the World" day by Harold Camping. He said that the world was going to end on that day according to proof from the Bible, but it ends up that this day ended up being the most sunniest day of the month instead. Nothing but fear and superstition from the general public that made this whole issue so big.

The calendar is NOT ending, just a cycle. A new cycle begins immediately afterward (it's not like our calendars, which need to be replaced yearly; the Long Count calendar is continuous and does not really have an end. The reason the Mayans stopped working on it is because greedy Spaniard slave drivers killed them all), and Nostradamus is a tool. Make anything vague enough, and it can be taken out of context and seen as prophecy, especially when a predictable event "confirms" it. It's not fear and superstition that drives this crap; it's the general stupidity of the human race, particularly those members who think what's in their holy books applies to everyone in the present whether or not everybody else belongs to that belief system.

Miyamoto and guitar is impossible, people said?
ShigeruMiyamotoBanjo_0.jpg

It's not really a guitar, but this is what Miyamoto did while being a student.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Miyamoto and guitar is impossible, people said?
ShigeruMiyamotoBanjo_0.jpg

It's not really a guitar, but this is what Miyamoto did while being a student.

Not blonde = still impossible.

I belive in 2012.
/troll
Also, that's my sister's birthday.

>>Mario4Ever
He can still dye his hair into blonde, though.

Mario4Ever said:
Because the New Age morons can't get it into their heads that the end of the current 144,000 day cycle on the Long Count calendar isn't any different than, say, the end of a century.
Thank you. I've been trying my whole life the past 2 years to get that point across.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Mario4Ever
He can still dye his hair into blonde, though.

True, but in order for this scenario to be a somewhat unnatural event, his hair has to become blonde outside of human input.

Not to act racial, but you do know only white people can have hair colour other than black by nature, don't you?

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Not to act racial, but you do know only white people can have hair colour other than black by nature, don't you?

I didn't know that.

Back