Pit of 100 Trials

The Heart Finder badge REALLY helped me in the Pit of 100 Trials.

Yoshidude99 said:
What happens when you first meet Shadoo?

From what I've gathered, it challenges you to complete the Pit of 100 Trials again. If you do that, it'll then challenge you to a battle.

I bought some Catch Cards from the Card Shop of Dark enemies in the Flopside pit and they look really hard to beat.

I've actually never finished the Pit of 100 Trials in either game. I've never really attempted in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I've tried many times in Super Paper Mario. I couldn't do it, but it must have had something to do with the level I tried it on (or that I have no skill).

For some reason, I found it easy to super guard against Bonetails flame breath than Hooktail or Gloomtail

Leonyx said:
I've actually never finished the Pit of 100 Trials in either game. I've never really attempted in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but I've tried many times in Super Paper Mario. I couldn't do it, but it must have had something to do with the level I tried it on (or that I have no skill).
Why not try using Bowser since he is the best enemy killer of the four playable characters in the game?

Leonyx said:

Which SPM pit did you try? The one in Flopside is kind of difficult, but the Flipside is actually quite easy, especaily Wracktail. First, get on Wracktail with Mario the same way you did with Fracktail, then use Luigi's Super Jump to hit him in the attenae. When Wracktail tries to knock you off, switch to Peach and use her Parasol to float back on Wracktail's head, this'll help a lot since it prevents you from having to get back on him again. That help?

I beat each of the SPM pits once. Still haven't battled Shadoo, though.

I should play SPM again someday to try beating him/her/it/whatever Shadoo is.

I believe Bowser is the worst idea to be in the Pit because the hammer keeps getting stuck in the ceiling. Mario is better, because you can just flip and activate a long-last shroom.

Yoshidude99 said:
In the pit Bowser is only really good for defeating enemies like Dry Bones
This is pretty much what I only use Bowser for in the pits :P Otherwise, I just use boomer.

Michelangelo said:
Leonyx said:

Which SPM pit did you try? The one in Flopside is kind of difficult, but the Flipside is actually quite easy, especaily Wracktail. First, get on Wracktail with Mario the same way you did with Fracktail, then use Luigi's Super Jump to hit him in the attenae. When Wracktail tries to knock you off, switch to Peach and use her Parasol to float back on Wracktail's head, this'll help a lot since it prevents you from having to get back on him again. That help?

I beat the Flipside one. Flopside was the one that gave me trouble.

Oh. I see. I don't blame you. The enemies are a little big tougher. And since they're all dark, you can't tell if they're pallete swaps/stronger enemies (Goomba or Headbonk Goomba). I guess you could grind until you have an insane amount of HP and attack power and bring along lots of recovery items.

The only reason I haven't gotten much lower than 30 is that I just want the Zap Tap, but the Item Bag sounds nice

The lowest I've gone so far has been Level 60, and that was a real struggle for me.

Baby Luigi said:
The only reason I haven't gotten much lower than 30 is that I just want the Zap Tap, but the Item Bag sounds nice

I recommend trying to get to Level 90. The Lucky Day badge is totally worth it. If you combine it with the Pretty Lucky badge, you'll be near invincible.

Back