Are the RPGs canonical?

RPGs: Canonical or not? (no cornflakes option, Uniju)

• Yupperdoodles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I suck because I think that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dodoman

King Bowser
Well, Uniju, er, inspired me to make this poll.
Do you think the RPGS are canonical?
Personally, I do. And that's that.

Don't see why they wouldn't be. o_O

Uniju said:
Maka said:
Don't see why they wouldn't be. o_O

Because they have all kinds of crap that never makes it out of the RPGs, and theres a lot of crap that never makes it out.

That doesnt make it more or less canon. Sunshine had lots of enemies that never made it out. :[

Maka said:
That doesnt make it more or less canon. Sunshine had lots of enemies that never made it out. :[

Yes, but alot of other elements from Super Mario Sunshine (Delphino Island, Piantas, Shine Sprites, etc.) have appeared in later games, like the sports, party and kart ones. Virtually nothing from an RPG has appeared in a non-RPG game (unless you count Super Smash Bros. Melee).

Sir Grodus said:
Maka said:

Yes, but alot of other elements from Super Mario Sunshine (Delphino Island, Piantas, Shine Sprites, etc.) have appeared in later games, like the sports, party and kart ones. Virtually nothing from an RPG has appeared in a non-RPG game (unless you count Super Smash Bros. Melee).

Well, a pianta made into an RPG.

Sir Grodus said:
Maka said:

What's about Goomba King? There's that train board in Mario Party 8, too.

Well, Those Trains really looked like the Excess Expres and even have similar names, plus, I swear I saw Goldbington (OR whatever the name of that golden Bomb-omb is.) in there.

OK, I guess you are right...

.... I say Twilight House in MKDS is a reference to Twilight town, thought.

Uniju said:
Glowsquid said:
Sir Grodus said:
Maka said:

What's about Goomba King? There's that train board in Mario Party 8, too.

You have a point with Goomba king, but it seemed they tried to make him less like the RPG version by changing his name.

And, the train board had something to do with the RPGs?!

EDIT: Also, making "No." insult the people is enforcing your opinion in a poll, which should be banned, people do it to much. Also, it just makes you looks like an arrogant jerk.
"Suck" can mean something else...

The original Paper Mario had some impact on a few non-rpg games, such as:

Bowser's floating castle appeared in Mario Kart Super Circuit.
The Star Spirits appeared in Mario Party 5
Dry Dry Desert was a course in Double Dash.

I can't really say much for the other rpgs, but I wouldn't consider them any less canon just because developers don't take them into consideration when making new games.

Booster said:
The original Paper Mario had some impact on a few non-rpg games, such as:

Bowser's floating castle appeared in Mario Kart Super Circuit.
The Star Spirits appeared in Mario Party 5
Dry Dry Desert was a course in Double Dash.

I can't really say much for the other rpgs, but I wouldn't consider them any less canon just because developers don't take them into consideration when making new games.

Huh, I forgot about all that stuff for some reason.

I think the RPGs are canonical. I'm stating no reason. It's just a belief I currently hold. I may be able to be moved from it. I don't know if it's HUGELY strong. But I do view the RPGs as canonical. I speak in short, quick sentences.

I'm pretty sure that you need to have a storyline for things to be canon. Since none of the Mario games seem connected in their stories at all... you do the math.

1: Thanks to Booster for proving Uniju wrong.
2: What's wrong with the fact that you suck, Uniju? Vaccuum cleaner-esque mouths ftw.

Uniju said:
Dodoman said:
2: What's wrong with the fact that you suck, Uniju? Vaccuum cleaner-esque mouths ftw.

very *bleep* retarded joke is very *bleep* retarded.

0: Very retarded reaction is very retarded.

Also, if you hate Encyclopedia Dramatica, stop using it's memes. It's hypocritical and nothing but a gigantic insult to the internet.

The RPG's seem canon to me. Also, if the "Toad Town" from Super Mario Galaxy is named "Mushroom Kingdom", that means it is based on the main town of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Paper Mario also had an impact on a few of the Mario games following. I don't know about the Mario & Luigi series, however.

If I find more evidence, I'll post it here later.

Uniju said:
Did you ever think that just MAYBE their refering to the same COUNTRY thats been in all the Mario games since Super Mario Bros?
No need to be so rude! Yes, I have thought of that, but, I always considered it to be the town, Mushroom Kingdom.

Why are you so eager to prove the RPG's aren't canonical? =|

Uniju said:
Because their not. Simple. Also, the town is NOTHING like the one from SMRPG, so why do you assume its the same town? And who the hell would call a town a "The Mushroom Kingdom" in the first place?
Their not canon because "They suck", right? 9_9

There you are again, being so rude on such a trivial topic. Who is this helping, anyway? It isn't gonna do anything for the Wiki, and it certainly won't do good for several of the Users here. It is only a matter of time before massive flame wars start.

First off, Uniju, try and sound calmer when making comments, please. People take it the wrong way when you sound so rude.

Uniju said:
Maka said:
Uniju said:
Dodoman said:

very *bleep* retarded joke is very *bleep* retarded.

0: Very retarded reaction is very retarded.

Also, if you hate Encyclopedia Dramatica, stop using it's memes. It's hypocritical and nothing but a gigantic insult to the internet.

...What?

[insert something here] is [insert something here]

Like : Fat cat is faaaaat!

This is an example of a 4chan meme. They use this alot, came up with it, and popularized it. An injoke. Encyclopedia Dramatica is the same culture of 4chan, so saying you hate them then using their in-jokes makes you come off as interent inept and a hypocrite.

Back