Have you played Donkey Kong (1994) for the Game Boy?

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
One of Mario's greatest adventures ever, and no one ever knows what I'm talking about. They think it was just a GB port of the Donkey Kong Arcade when it was so much more than that. Yeah, it had those stages plus 96 others. The game so brilliantly mingled platforming with puzzle solving. It was long, it was super long! And it was challenging. It was fun. And to think they crammed THIS MUCH content into an 8-bit game for the Game Boy 5 years before the handheld system learned the difference between black&white and color! And nobody knows about this game, nobody cares. It is nothing short of a handheld masterpiece. After Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, it is my favorite original Game Boy game of all time. The handstand jump was awesome and the triple-jump from SM64 actually was based off the move from that game!!!!!!!

Poor Donkey Kong when it came to the original game boy. Great games like Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Land came out on it. And people thought they were just rehash ports to the 8-bit handheld! Donkey Kong Land was brand new with a brand new concept, a lengthy, challenging question as well, but the multitudes then in the mid-90's, like today, are morons. They should have put on the box-art of both games THIS IS NOT JUST A PORT OR REHASH OF DONKEY KONG ARCADE AND A PORT OF DONKEY KONG COUNTRY! THESE ARE NEW, EXCITING, WONDERFUL TITLES!!! But no. And they never got the fame or credit they so rightly deserved :mad:

Pinkie Pie said:
Yes, but I have it as a Virtual Console title.
I applaud thee. I see no reason to get it for the Virtual Console when I have the cartridge. Unless do you think there could be a reson?

Pinkie Pie said:
Just in case you lose your Game Boy or the cartridge.
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO WHACK/TAP A CARTRIDGE I HAVENT PLAYED IN A WHILE TO GET IT TO WORK?!!!

No; I do it with N64 cartridges.

On topic: I never played Donkey Kong.

I did only make it in NES when little, and after that is main DK series and DK VS Mario
bEcause of the gap of generation of story (for the present DK and his "grandfather"), I didn't care about this game...

Dorayaki said:
I did only make it in NES when little, and after that is main DK series and DK VS Mario
bEcause of the gap of generation of story (for the present DK and his "grandfather"), I didn't care about this game...
uh... what? huh?! i'm lost.

New Super Yoshi said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Yes, but I have it as a Virtual Console title.
Stick with it I know it can get hard but thats what I love about it the gameplay as well as the puzzles are top notch. Yeah, they borrowed jumping on top of enemies and picking them up and throwing them from SMB2, but I think it works a million times better here.

Rasdock said:
I've got it on the 3DS. Too bad they didn't include the SNES enhancements, though.
It don't need it. It's still a great game same great gameplay. Besides, pop the cartridge in a GBA and you get all the advances of the SNES.

I did once...

A LOOOOOOOOONG time ago, at a barber shop that had a variety of video games available to play in the waiting area. I remember playing it, but not getting past the first level. I don't think I realized it was partly a puzzle game, and I wasn't very good at puzzles...

It was the first VC title I downloaded, and I'm in world 7 now. I love it! It's a shame more people haven't played it.

Mario4Ever said:
It was the first VC title I downloaded
Same. I haven't played this game in ages. I hate to admit it, but I'm stuck on the first stage of the Rocky Valley. For the life of me, I cannot remember what to do.

Smashgoom202 said:
I did once...

A LOOOOOOOOONG time ago, at a barber shop that had a variety of video games available to play in the waiting area. I remember playing it, but not getting past the first level. I don't think I realized it was partly a puzzle game, and I wasn't very good at puzzles...
I WISH I HAD YOUR BARBER SHOP IN MY AREA IN EVERYWHERE ELSE I EVER HEARD OF THEY MAKE YOU READ OLD MAGAZINES

Back