Overrated Mario Characters (besides Yoshi)

Who do you think is the most overrated Mario Character?

• Mario

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Fawful

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The babies

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Toad

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Peach

• Waluigi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bowser Jr.

• Koopalings

• Geno

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
The most overrated Mario character is

:-X

Nabber Simpson said:
MagicalToadette! said:
Definitely Fawful! :bowser:

Too many people like him, and he only appeared in 3 games!
But he's just awesome.

Yes. Sure, he's popular, but do compare him to other RPGs and spinoff franchises. On DA (not that I have a DA at the moment), I don't see as much fanworks of him as I do of the Super Mario RPG characters, namely Geno and Mallow. And the SMRPG characters get better quality fanart most of the time, as well as the Paper Mario franchise, especially the SPM characters, who only appeared once, and are sadly even more popular, even though the game they appeared in wasn't one of Nintendo's best remembered series.

Overall, I'd say the Count Bleck Troupe, even though I love their characters and such, and the SMRPG-exclusive characters are more overrated.
But this is just my opinion. For all we know, there could be more Fawful fans somewhere else.

Including me.

Re: Overrated Mario Characters

Baby Luigi said:
It would be nice to provide reasons for your choice

1. Bowser Jr. is annoying and a brat.
2. Rosalina has too many fans when she's just a palette swap of Peach.
3. All Fawful does is talk in distorted English. How he deserves to be the main villain of a game beats me.

No offence to fans of these characters.

Captain Viridian said:
Baby Luigi said:

3. All Fawful does is talk in distorted English. How he deserves to be the main villain of a game beats me.

I'm not gonna talk about the other characters, but Rosalina is not just a palette swap. She obviously has skills and powers that Peach does not. With that said, she might be overrated.

Leonyx said:
Captain Viridian said:
Baby Luigi said:

I'm not gonna talk about the other characters, but Rosalina is not just a palette swap. She obviously has skills and powers that Peach does not. With that said, she might be overrated.

Rosalina is way less overrated than Geno, in the long run anyway.

Captain Viridian said:

That doesn't really mean that he's overrated. Especially when you consider the fact that a lot more people hate him then like him. (at least from what I've seen)

Captain Viridian said:
Baby Luigi said:

Rosalina isn't just a pelette swap of Peach. She had a whole background story written for her.

SMG had a good story because of her. It's not justPeach getting kidnapped.

New Super Yoshi said:

And unlike Peach, Rosalina appears capable of avoiding captivity, making it practically impossible to kidnap her.

Don't get me wrong, I like Geno and Fawful, but they are very overated. Maybe, it's because I love Super Paper Mario other than the fact it's too easy, but...
Also, the Mario Bros. get the opposite reception in real life than in their games. :p

MnSG said:
New Super Yoshi said:

And unlike Peach, Rosalina appears capable of avoiding captivity, making it practically impossible to kidnap her.
And when Bowser attacked the Comet Observatory she didn't get kidnapped or hurt at all.

Link said:
*Fangirl alert*

Who, me? Not really. I'm not even a girl...

Back