Bowser's Big K'nex Castle of Doom

I know it has been 2 years, but in case anybody still looks at this I wanted to make this post.

First of all thank you to all who voted, Josef ended up winning the 2012 Grand Prize with his creation and it was an amazing yet bitter sweet experience.

I wanted to share why I stopped posting. Unfortunately as all of this was happening Josef got sick as I was making the posts we were seeing doctors. And as the voting ended we got a devastating diagnosis of epilepsy. Not only that but it turns out he is one of the few who does not respond to medications. It has been crazy for the past 2 years, countless tests, MRIs, blood work, EEGs, sugar free low carb diet, 3 medications, not something a child should live with.

Through all of this Josef has been strong and is a bigger lover of all things Mario (especially Bowser Jr)

Your votes and kind comments meant more to us then you will ever imagine. Thank you.

Josef is an amazing builder! It's also cool he likes Bowser Jr. too!

Marth said:
Josef is an amazing builder! It's also cool he likes Bowser jr. Too!
Why does everyone like Bowser Jr.!?! He's just a copy and paste edit of Baby Bowser who replaced The Koopalings...
Stupid Bowser Jr. -_-

Must you?

This kid has made something amazing and won a well-deserved award for it. And after hearing what he's going through you choose to shit on him for liking a character that took the spot of your precious Koopalings. This is not the place for your petty fandom wars.

Anyway, OP, I hope you, Josef, and your family are all doing well. I'm so glad he won because that castle is seriously amazing.

Iggy Koopa7777 said:
Marth said:
Josef is an amazing builder! It's also cool he likes Bowser jr. Too!
Why does everyone like Bowser Jr.!?! He's just a copy and paste edit of Baby Bowser who replaced The Koopalings...
Stupid Bowser Jr. -_-
That was kinda uncalled for, and a bit rude.

By the way, I really like these castles! I hope Josef, you, and the rest of your family stay strong together. From what I've heard, he's a strong boy, he'll make it through this.

Thank you for all the kind comments, i will pass it on to him, he will love hearing them. He does amazing things with the mario kart set, i have been meaning to make a video of the tracks. Not sure why Bowser Jr is his absolute favorite, but he is obsessed with him. He made a minecraft mod with Bowser Jr., a video game with Bowser Jr, is working on a 3d animation with Bowser Jr. and has a youtube channel BowserJrLover where he posts plush toy videos with Bowser Jr.

Anyways, Bowser Jr. and all things mario seem to help him to get through the day and make him feel better when things get tough. I think he would enjoy being on this board, just worried someone will say something mean. I know that in school kids make fun of him for liking DS mario games and Wii U so it is nice to know that there are a lot of people out there with the same passion, he is getting the new smash bros for the holidays :)

bosercastlebuilder said:
I think he would enjoy being on this board, just worried someone will say something mean.
We're a kind community, we never say anything mean.

i'd love to hear from josef in this community

Back