Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
UglyGIMP.png

I know this is not my first artwork I created, but this is definitely the first one where I used the computer (GIMP to be exact) to colorize it instead of using crayons or pencils.

In the Mario Tennis games, I always wondered why Baby Mario was playable, but Baby Luigi left out. Sure, he had a cameo appearance. Playable? No. This also applies to Mario Golf. So I wanted to fill this gap with a drawing of Baby Luigi if he were to be playable in Mario Tennis (which I wish he will, especially in the next Mario Tennis game). BTW, that's not a 1, that's a lower-case L. It is extremely difficult to draw a lower-case L without making it look like a 1 or a capitalized I without resorting to other fonts or cursive. And Baby Mario had a lower-case M on his racket, why can't Baby Luigi have a lower-case L? :P

I know this is not perfect, but this took a lot of effort to make this. Not as much as you'd think, though, since I am proficient at drawing Baby Luigi and can draw a fairly decent picture of him without resorting to using a picture or a figure of him.

Here is my original sketch below:
Ugly.png

NOTE: I do NOT take requests. First, it takes me a heck of initiative to sketch something and second, I am not as great as drawing other characters as I am with Baby Luigi.

ADU said:
Nice Gimp Recolor! I'd never be that good :(

It's not complex at all, really. All I did was use gradient on selected areas.

@everyone: Thanks for the feedback. I might do more in the future, such as Dry Bowser or another Baby Luigi.

NintendoQueen said:
Great job, wish I were THAT good ;)

You can't compare my work to your work. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Your work is great in its own, unique right.

I really like your artwork as well too. Do you have any plans on creating more? BTW, recoloring is very easy to do on GIMP if you have it. All I did was first, draw the drawing, outline it, then selected areas to use a gradient on. That's it. It's time consuming, yes, but not difficult or complicated.

I am usually preoccupied with other forms of entertainment (video games), but since school started, I have been drawing a lot more. Perhaps I can slip a new drawing in this thread sooner or later.

I do have plans for more artwork in the near future. I just need some suggestions/ideas :)

Also, I like how you used GIMP to color your image. Makes it look professionally done! :D

Perhaps you can draw more Pokemon? Or more Gary Oak? :P

Thanks. Anyone can do it, though.

Baby Luigi said:
Perhaps you can draw more Pokemon? Or more Gary Oak? :P

Thanks. Anyone can do it, though.

Yes definitely more Gary Oak. I've been drawing that kid for the past 12 years now :P

Well BLOF, do you have any other artwork to share with us? ;D

12 years? Wow, that's even a longer time than when I drew Baby Luigi. I have drawing Baby Luigi for only 6 or 7 years.

That's all I have, unfortunately. It's one of my first drawings I recolored with GIMP (in fact, it is the first time I use gradients to recolor drawings). I will do more later. I'll probably update this thread.

Yeah I need to update my artwork thread too. It's kind of been dying off :P But yeah, since Fall 1999 is when I started getting into Pokemon and drawing them and Gary Oak ;)

The GIMP is cool b/c it makes the picture look professional. :)

NintendoQueen said:
Yeah I need to update my artwork thread too. It's kind of been dying off :P But yeah, since Fall 1999 is when I started getting into Pokemon and drawing them and Gary Oak ;)

You can update whenever you want, since you're the TC (thread creator) and it's your own thread specifically made for your artwork. You know how old I was in 1999? 4 years old. Yeah, I'm only 16.

You should try using GIMP ;)

Baby Luigi said:
NintendoQueen said:

You can update whenever you want, since you're the TC (thread creator) and it's your own thread specifically made for your artwork. You know how old I was in 1999? 4 years old. Yeah, I'm only 16.

I use Paint.NET instead. GIMP is too complicated for me :P

Baby Luigi said:
NintendoQueen said:

Wow! You were so young! I was 10 in 1999.

I did download GIMP, but it's taken me a while to get used it.

Sorry back on topic!

GIMP is quite complex at first. Same with Photoshop. But once you get used to how it works by using it more and more, it would be no problem to use it.

I still use Microsoft Paint for creating sprites, though, because Paint is very simple, yet versatile. I don't need GIMP or Photoshop to create decent sprites, its complexity rather slows me down, though animating them helps.

I did download GIMP, but it's taken me a while to get used it.

Me too. And I still prefer Paint to make sprites. I prefer GIMP to make artwork.

That's some pretty nice artwork you got there, BLOF.

Norbert said:
That's some pretty nice artwork you got there, BLOF.

Thank you :)

Back